Cloud computing has been around for over a decade, but its implementation and adoption have grown rapidly in recent years. This trend is continuing and is predicted to be the most prominent area of IT in 2023.
Here are some fascinating statistics on the cloud computing sector before we examine the key trends:
- It is predicted that by 2028, the cloud computing sector would be worth more than $1 trillion.
- The market expanded by a staggering 635 percent between 2012 and 2022, a time period of only 10 years.
- According to studies, moving to the cloud may save costs by as much as 40% for businesses.
- A recent study by Accenture has revealed that migrating to the cloud could potentially help businesses to reduce their energy bills and carbon footprint by as much as 64%.
In 2023, what will be the major cloud computing trends? Okay, then, let’s find out.
Combining cloud computing with AI and MLBy 2023, the integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) into Cloud Computing is expected to increase in response to increased demand for the service. Recent research suggests that the value of the Cloud AI market is projected to reach $13.1 billion by 2026, with a compound annual growth rate of 20.3% from 2022. This represents a considerable increase when compared to the estimated $5.2 billion for 2022. Cloud Computing and AI/ML offer many advantages for businesses, including asset management, virtual assistance, Augmented Reality as a Service, application security in the cloud, and much more. Computers with AI and ML capabilities are also increasingly being used…
- Boost Cloud Computing’s Automation
- improve one’s own capacity for learning
- improve data privacy and security
- Modify existing cloud services to suit individual preferences
Manage cloud deployment with Kubernetes and DockerDocker and Kubernetes are both platforms that enable the deployment of applications in containers. Large-scale cloud infrastructures may benefit from the management capabilities provided by both Docker and Kubernetes. Both systems offer similar features.
- Extensive scalability
- Efficient operation
- Automation of cloud deployments
- Ability to share resources flexibly
- Deployment that is both fast and cheap
Docker’s newer releases include Kubernetes as standard, allowing developers to more easily automate and manage their containerized applications.
Safeguarding Information in the CloudThe extensive adoption of cloud computing is being hindered by concerns regarding the security of user data. A potential breach of security can be caused by a range of factors, including coding errors and human error. When storing data on the cloud, users should be aware of the following potential issues:
- If APIs are left exposed, unauthorised users may be able to access sensitive information stored in the cloud.
- Misconfigurations and poorly protected cloud infrastructure may also lead to leaks of sensitive data.
- Data loss is a potential risk associated with cloud computing. Causes of this could range from inadequate backups, corrupted software, natural disasters, accidental deletion, and more. It is important to be aware of these potential risks when using the cloud.
In 2023, developers may protect cloud-based data via encryption, access control, and activity tracking.
Cloud-based hybrid solutionsThe use of a private cloud has been met with favour from the public due to the increased processing power it provides.
In 2023, organisations are likely to opt for a hybrid cloud setup due to the following factors.
- Advantages of both worlds accrue to them (private and public cloud)
- Allows for more adaptability
- Exceptionally cheap
- Competent in processing data of crucial importance
- Superior scalability
It is estimated that the hybrid cloud industry could be worth over $260 billion by 2027. It is thought that the majority of companies worldwide have either adopted or are in the process of adopting hybrid cloud technologies.
Lowering the price of cloud computingAs businesses look for ways to reduce costs while maintaining high-quality IT support, cloud providers are developing cost-effective cloud solutions that guarantee performance and accessibility. To ensure affordability, service providers must make effective use of resources and optimize cloud workloads.
By 2023, we can expect to see five of the most impactful advancements in cloud computing. These include serverless computing, cloud monitoring, and disaster recovery, among other notable developments.
Are you looking for software engineers with cloud technology expertise? Works‘ AI-powered matching technology can help you find the ideal candidates from a pool of more than two million software developers. Visit the Developers to Hire page now to get started!