In the modern business environment, establishing an online presence is imperative to stay relevant and competitive. Companies must develop captivating and intuitive websites to entice new customers and clients. The selection of appropriate web frameworks plays a critical role in guaranteeing that the website fulfils its intended objectives.
Web application frameworks are an invaluable asset for building online applications and websites. They grant access to various components, code snippets, and templates that make the project development process more efficient. Additionally, they can serve as a facilitator for web service development, application programming interfaces (APIs), and other web-based resources. By utilizing the appropriate web application framework, you can create innovative and high-performing projects in a fraction of the time.
Two key varieties of development frameworks exist: client-side and server-side. Server-side frameworks are indispensable for maintaining and optimizing a website, as they handle the background functions that ensure the website operates seamlessly. In contrast, client-side frameworks are intended to manage the user interface, guaranteeing a user-friendly and enjoyable browsing experience.
In this blog post, we have compiled a list of the top five web frameworks to keep in mind for the upcoming year – 2022.
Well-Known Web Frameworks: React
Notable Features include:
- In order to create comprehensive applications, developers can combine React with additional libraries from the React Ecosystem.
- React offers optimal rendering capabilities while remaining SEO-friendly.
Renowned Web Frameworks: Vue.js
Vue.js, a robust framework developed by a former Google engineer in 2014, provides the capacity to integrate multiple third-party applications while utilizing both one-way and two-way data binding. Accordingly, Vue presents a plethora of opportunities when constructing dynamic web applications.
Notable Features include:
- Vue.js delivers complete functionality for application development.
- Similar to Angular, Vue.js offers two-way data binding and event sourcing capabilities.
- Vue.js is a project driven by the community.
Renowned Web Frameworks: Ruby on Rails
Programming Language: Ruby
David Heinemeier Hansson’s dynamic web application framework, Ruby on Rails, is the ideal pick for producing high-performance mobile applications. Hansson has asserted that Ruby on Rails is ten times quicker than prevalent Java-based frameworks, making it an efficient and budget-friendly instrument for developers.
A widely-acknowledged web application framework for generating database-driven applications, Ruby on Rails offers developers all the necessary resources. Its prevalence is demonstrated by its use in the creation of high-profile sites such as GitHub, Airbnb, Groupon, Shopify, and Hulu.
Notable Features include:
- First web framework to consider developer experience. Ruby on Rails is famed for its swift development pace.
- A server-side rendered framework
- Novel concepts like Convention over Configuration (CoC) and Don’t Repeat Yourself (DRY) are emphasised in this web framework.
- Ruby supports both the MVC architecture and Reactive Programming.
Web Framework: Spring
Programming Language: Java
Spring is a well-known open-source Java platform that has gained immense popularity amongst millions of developers worldwide. The Spring framework equips developers with the resources to create reusable, high-performance, and exceptionally user-friendly applications.
In 2003, Rod Johnson released the initial version of the Spring Framework. Since then, the framework has underwent several enhancements and updates, culminating in the recent major update offering Reactive streams to aid standardisation of asynchronous stream processing. A technology that finds extensive utilisation in the tech stacks of several of the world’s notable organisations including Accenture, MIT, Indeed, and Zalando.
Prominent features include:
- Spring is a compilation of sub-frameworks or layers based on the Model View Controller (MVC) concept.
- Our team utilises innovative approaches such as Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP), Plain Old Java Object (POJO), and Dependency Injection (DI) to create dependable applications that are robust and reliable.
- Spring is a lightweight and transparent framework designed for constructing enterprise applications without EJBs.
- During the application development process, developers can employ persistence data.
Renowned Web Frameworks: Django
Programming Language: Python
Django is a reliable backend web development framework that developers can utilise to build a resilient web application. Utilising the DRY (Don’t Repeat Yourself) pattern and the Convention over Configuration principle, this framework allows developers to save time and effort while creating secure websites. This provides Python Django developers with the necessary resources to construct a secure and efficient web application.
Django is a perfect framework for handling time-sensitive tasks and meeting the high standards of seasoned developers. Its applications are trustworthy, flexible, fast, and secure, and it is utilised by such notable companies as Pinterest, Disqus, YouTube, Spotify, and Instagram.
Prominent features include:
- The framework’s architecture is based on the Model Template View (MTV) design, which is rendered on the server-side.
- With the Rapid Application Development approach, Django enables swift construction of intricate websites.
- The significant Python ecosystem, which is easy to use, is employed by the industry.
- Django offers the best extensibility among web frameworks, with the availability of easily accessible third-party apps and plugins.
Remarkable Mention: Angular
Programming Language: TypeScript
Angular is yet another widely used framework on this list.
In 2016, Google launched Angular, an open-source, end-to-end Client-Side web framework based on TypeScript. This web framework enables the construction of large, feature-rich web applications by developers. Angular is a beneficial tool for the development of dynamic and interactive web applications.
The Angular framework is well-suited for enterprise development, making it a favoured choice among organisations, and resulting in a strong demand for Angular developers worldwide. This demand is apparent from the extensive usage of Angular by globally recognised websites such as Lego, PayPal, and Netflix. For remote Angular or Node developers, visit Works.
Primary characteristics entail:
- Angular offers features such as Two-way Data Binding, Convention over Configuration (CoC), and Dirty Checking.
- Angular leads the pack among client-side web frameworks in terms of security, thanks to features such as DOM sanitation.
- Enterprise app development requires stability and reliability as key aspects.
- Angular specialises in the creation of single-page applications.
Web frameworks are crucial in the development of high-performing web applications. By utilising frameworks that have been tried and tested by numerous developers, one can create sturdy and interactive web applications effortlessly. This approach delivers a higher degree of confidence that the application will function consistently and effectively. To learn more about which programming language to choose for web development, check out our guide on C# vs GoLang.
We trust that the information provided in this post has assisted in your decision-making process for selecting the most suitable framework for your project. At Works, exceptional software developers can find the most lucrative web development projects aligned with their capabilities. You can work remotely for leading US-based corporations with competitive remuneration and immense growth potential for the long-term.