93% of IT Businesses Will Adopt Cloud Technology in the Next 5 Years

The IT industry is poised for a considerable transformation towards cloud-based technologies, according to a recent survey by HornetSecurity, a reputable provider of cloud security solutions. Conducted worldwide and encompassing inputs from more than 900 participants, the study aimed to explore the acceptance of cloud technologies, the feasibility of hybrid cloud integration, and the industry’s difficulties in this regard.

Important findings from the survey:

  • According to the survey, 67% of participants view the hybrid cloud technology model as a permanent solution rather than just a step towards cloud infrastructure.
  • Based on the survey, 28.6% of respondents expressed their readiness to adopt the hybrid cloud technology model until the complete cloud adoption can handle their workloads.
  • Mere 4.3% of survey participants responded that they won’t migrate to the cloud model and would stick to entirely on-premise operations.
  • Approximately 34% of respondents cited worries related to privacy and trust in the public cloud technology as a significant factor preventing them from using it.
  • When using the cloud, monitoring and security emerged as the primary technical concerns for 49.3% of participants, according to the survey.

Cloud technology acceptance in the IT industry: Who participated in the survey?

  • Internal IT department of the company is the workplace for 50.4% of survey respondents.
  • Approximately 23.5% of respondents avail the services of Managed Service Providers (MSP) for their IT-related requirements. The rest of the participants are either business owners handling their IT infrastructure or IT department employees in their respective organizations.
  • 45.8% of the polled individuals have more than a decade of experience working in the IT sector, according to the survey.
  • Out of all the survey participants, 84% belonged to North America and Europe, whereas the remaining 16% had their origins from regions that include Asia, Australia, South America, and the Middle East.
  • Survey results indicated that over 16% of participants are employed in organizations with a workforce of more than a thousand employees.

What are the hindrances to adopting cloud technology?

These are the key apprehensions with regards to the adoption of cloud technology:

  • According to the survey, 48% of participants feel that the absence of technical know-how or authorized personnel hinders them from executing cloud migration completely.
  • Approximately 33% of the respondents think that resolving connectivity issues is of utmost importance.
  • As per the survey, 29% of participants consider secure access as a significant factor in determining their cloud adoption choices.
  • Other prominent issues consist of data retrieval, file retention and the provision of appropriate tools.


Although there might be concerns that could obstruct enterprises from fully shifting to cloud-based technology, the adoption of a hybrid cloud model seems more feasible. With the help of a competent group of engineers and developers, businesses can ensure a trouble-free transition from on-premises to cloud-based technology.

Join the Top 1% of Remote Developers and Designers

Works connects the top 1% of remote developers and designers with the leading brands and startups around the world. We focus on sophisticated, challenging tier-one projects which require highly skilled talent and problem solvers.
seasoned project manager reviewing remote software engineer's progress on software development project, hired from Works blog.join_marketplace.your_wayexperienced remote UI / UX designer working remotely at home while working on UI / UX & product design projects on Works blog.join_marketplace.freelance_jobs