Having worked in the IT industry for more than a decade, I acknowledge that outsourcing Quality Assurance (QA) is commonplace. Although there is an increasing global interest in outsourcing QA, many organisations, especially those with little knowledge of QA & Testing, are venturing into this domain without the necessary expertise.
It is surprising to note that Quality Assurance services are not getting the priority they deserve in shared development efforts. Especially in 2023, with the emergence of various economic and social challenges, it is crucial to develop top-notch software that operates smoothly. Why is this the case? Let’s delve deeper into the matter.
The Increasing Significance of Technology
It’s a fact that the worldwide crisis has been detrimental to businesses across all sectors, resulting in disruptions in the supply chain and volatile consumer demand. Nevertheless, companies need to embrace these changes and acknowledge that there is no turning back.
Companies have recognized the value of technology as a precious asset over the years. It has allowed improving productivity, discovering new prospects, and streamlining almost all aspects of business operations. Though the idea of ‘digital transformation’ has been around for some time, it has only recently gained serious attention.
During the coronavirus pandemic, staying connected with customers has become more challenging as both people and businesses are required to stay at home to curb the spread of the virus. As a result, companies are giving more importance to the use of technological solutions to ensure the seamless operation in this new retail realm, which solely relies on remote technologies.
An accelerated digital transformation has given rise to a market that’s driven by technology. Computer programming was acknowledged to be the future, but no one anticipated how rapidly it would become ubiquitous. Due to this fast-track approach, companies have developed different software products, predominantly web and mobile applications, with various objectives. However, this has resulted in a decline in quality and, subsequently, a drop in the customer base.
Developing premium software products is exceedingly crucial in today’s market, where digital communication and economic transactions are the norm. Companies that offer software applications that comply with or surpass industry standards will earn customer loyalty and business. Clearly, this is a high bar to meet.
The Consequences of Outsourcing Quality Control
The main aim of Quality Assurance is to ensure that all products satisfy or exceed customer expectations. However, creating a comprehensive Quality Assurance and Testing team from scratch is a formidable task. Even firms with an in-house IT team face a challenge as software developers are incapable of performing the role of Quality Assurance Engineers.
There is no need to fret when outsourcing Quality Assurance since there are numerous advantages to doing so. When Quality Assurance is outsourced, the following takes place:
- Software testing companies possess a unique ability to provide access to top-notch Quality Assurance (QA) specialists. As expertise is scattered worldwide, locating the appropriate QA and Testing personnel for a specific project can be challenging. Consequently, remote teams are created with engineers possessing specific skill sets, enabling them to work on your project at a time that is convenient for you.
- Outsourcing Quality Assurance can aid in freeing up internal resources as it is both time-consuming and intricate. By outsourcing, your in-house team can concentrate on what they excel at; managing the business and generating value.
- Keeping quality assurance procedures up-to-date in the rapidly-changing cybersecurity landscape is critical. This necessitates a genuine passion and dedication to remaining current with industry advancements and novel testing methods. Outsourcing Quality Assurance can offer access to experts in the field who can ensure that your project is continually updated.
- To guarantee the highest possible quality of the software product, appropriate precautions must be taken. During the extensive, creative, and arduous process of software testing, essential details can be easily overlooked without expertise in the field. A proficient Quality Assurance team must be dedicated to offering the best possible service, ranging from averting unforeseen disruptions to investigating all potential sources of errors.
- Outsourcing Quality Assurance (QA) services can be cost-effective compared to establishing and staffing an in-house department. This is because the majority of QA positions are project-based and necessitate a significant investment of time and money to find skilled engineers willing to undertake them. By outsourcing these services, businesses can save on resources and guarantee that Quality Assurance processes remain efficient.
The Significance of Quality Control: A Realization Long Overdue
Introducing a new product to the market is an expensive undertaking, and no company would want to see it fail. To ensure that the software is user-friendly, intuitive, error-free, and efficient, it is critical to invest in a comprehensive quality assurance process. Having an external party conduct Quality Assurance can assist in preventing any potential disasters. It is important to give this process the respect that it deserves.
To learn more, check out our article Reviews the Pros and Cons of Developing Software Internally versus Outsourcing Software.