Angular is an advanced, open-source framework for creating single-page web applications. It is powered by the popular TypeScript language and offers an array of useful features, such as data binding, dependency injection, and testability. For those looking to learn Angular, there is no shortage of resources to help them, regardless of whether they are new to the framework or an experienced user who wants to refine their existing knowledge. To equip you with the necessary knowledge, we have compiled a list of must-read material.
A Guide to Choosing Excellent Books on Angular
With the range of Angular books available, there is something suitable for developers of all abilities. Those just starting out with Angular should look for books that provide a clear and uncomplicated introduction to the subject. Experienced web application developers should seek out books that go into more depth and detail. A great way to determine whether a book is going to be helpful is to examine its table of contents.
Books that are ideal for teaching yourself Angular
Some of the top resources for learning Angular and mastering its modules are listed below.
This is the ng-book, the Ultimate Guide to Angular.
This book is a comprehensive guide to the Angular framework, taking readers through the fundamentals step-by-step with plenty of examples to reinforce the concepts. It provides a thorough explanation of a variety of testing-related topics, components, and applications to help readers better organise and maintain their applications.
If you are new to Angular, this book is the perfect place to start. It will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the Angular framework and equip you with the knowledge and skills to confidently use it in your projects. Upon completion, you will have a comprehensive understanding of the framework and be ready to tackle your next challenge.
The following topics are discussed in the book:
- How to Create Your First Angular Web App
- Methods of Operation for Angular
- Constraints Integrated Into The System
- Web Forms in Angular 2
- Web Protocols and Application Programming Interfaces
- Substitution Injection
- Angular 2 Data Architecture
- The Observables and RxJS Data Architecture
- Information Architecture in Redux
- TypeScript and Redux
- Modernised Parts
- Transferring Data from an AngularJS 1.x App to Angular.
Practical Applications of Angular
The book delves into:
- Affixes and Connectors
- Substitution Injection and Related Services
- Your Angular App’s Modules and Getting Started
- Spam Prevention and Route Selection
- Perpendicular CLI
- The RxJS Approach to Reactive Programming
- Checking the Individual Components.
An Example of Angular Behaviour
The following topics are discussed in the book:
- Establishing your first Angular app
- The whole shebang on what Angular can do for you
- All-inclusive Sample Tasks
- Debugging and testing
- Dealing with massive applications.
Enterprise-Ready Web Applications with Angular 6
This comprehensive guide is designed for experienced programmers who want to learn how to utilise Angular with RESTful APIs. Spanning a range of topics, this book covers details such as router architecture, developing secure authentication systems, unit testing, and creating backend APIs.
This document is divided into three sections. The first section focuses on how to employ Kanban, uncover design ideas, and track progress towards desired objectives utilising prototypes. The second section covers router-first architecture, designing and creating business applications, and the wide range of web development philosophies. The third and final section presents a conclusion.
The Following Are some of the Topics discussed:
- Concepts of Angles
- Instruments for the Command Line Interface
- The Kanban Approach
- Tools for creating mock-ups
- Use of RxJS for a Reactive Approach
- Constructing Angular and RESTful API-based full-stack web applications
- System testing, Github, and Docker
- How to Create AWS-Friendly Apps That Are Responsive, Secure, and Scalable
- Kanban facilitates a streamlined, customer-centric method of app development and delivery.
- Use of CircleCI for automated testing and continuous integration.
Cookbook for Angular 2
The Angular 2 Cookbook provides its readers with a variety of “recipes” to build software effectively. It covers topics such as TypeScript syntax, Promises, ES6, and Observables, allowing readers to learn, understand, and apply these technologies. The book is especially beneficial to more experienced programmers, as it delves deeper into more advanced topics.
It includes the following sections:
- To Angular 2 from Angular 1
- Specifications for Parts
- Automatically Generated Templates for Forms
- Makes Guarantees in a Reactive Manner
- Observables in RxJS
- Separate Angular 2 Part
- Help With Routers
- Substitution Injection
- NgModule for Angular 2 Modules
- How to Install and Compile TypeScript
- Configuring a SystemJS App
- Preparing a Webpack-Based App
- Configuring an Angular CLI Application
- Utilising Karma and Jasmine for Unit Testing and Protractor for End-to-End Testing
- Fast Forward Rendering for Angular 2 in NgZone (AOT)
- Programs that Are only Partially Loaded Are Compiled.
Acute: Active and Functioning
If you are unfamiliar with Angular and are looking to gain a fundamental understanding of it, this book is one of the best resources to begin your journey. It offers clear, concise examples to demonstrate the implementation of scaling in application development.
What’s in It is:
- Build and verify Angular modules for interface development.
- Fill out pre-designed forms
- Solutions with an angle
- Using HTTP requests
- In addition to the aforementioned, routing is an important topic.
The 24-Hour Angular Crash Course
This book provides readers with little prior experience in programming an opportunity to learn the fundamentals of Angular with ease. It is written in an accessible style, taking a systematic and gradual approach, and includes practical examples and illustrations. This book provides the necessary training for readers to build a functional web application using Angular.
The following sections are included:
- So, tell me, what exactly is AngularJS?
- Hello, Planet!
- In AngularJS, what does $Scope mean?
- The ng-repeat Directive
- Use of the “”ng-model””
- Specification Philtre
- Instructions Made to Order
- Parameterized Routing.
The Case for an Angular Perspective
Pro Angular is an essential resource for those wishing to learn the Angular framework. It provides comprehensive coverage of the Model View Controller (MVC) architectural pattern, including its benefits and how to use it to create dynamic and feature-rich online client applications. The book also offers detailed instruction on how to effectively use the Angular framework to do so.
Although it is appropriate for novices, you will get the most out of it if you have some familiarity with fundamentals of web programming.
This book’s contents are as follows:
- Learn the MVC pattern and its architectural implications
- Discover how to use Angular 2 to create visually appealing and functional web app clients.
- Mastering Angular 2 Extensions and Modifications
- Acquire the skills necessary to thoroughly test your Angular 2 applications.
TypeScript for Angular-Based Development
Covering topics like as forms, state management, data, etc., it explains how to build a robust software for conducting online auctions.
Chapters included are:
- Spreading the Angular
- The fundamental parts of an Angular application
- Intro to Routers
- Increased Router Technology
- Injecting dependencies in an Angular application
- Angular and Reactive Programming
- Using Flex Layout for Page Layout
- Connectivity and component implementation
- Identifying modifications and monitoring the lifespan of a component
- An Overview of the Forms API
- Documentation verification
- Making HTTP requests and receiving responses from servers
- Using the WebSocket protocol to communicate with remote servers
- Integrating Angular into the Testing Process
- Ngrx for persistent application state management.
Works is proud to present its selection of the best books to help you learn Angular. From absolute beginners to experienced professionals looking to refresh their skills, these books provide a comprehensive guide to the fundamentals of the Angular framework. While they may not cover every topic in-depth, they are sure to give you a thorough understanding of this popular web development technology.