Reading about React Native is a great adventure.
By leveraging React Native, developers can create apps for both Android and iOS platforms with the same codebase, thus saving time and effort. If you are looking for a developer to create an app for both Android and iOS, the most straightforward approach is to select a developer with experience in React Native.
Regardless of experience level, both novice and experienced programmers can benefit from studying React Native. To ensure a successful start, it is important to find the best resources for learning React Native. These resources can provide guidance on setting up a development environment quickly and easily, allowing you to jump straight into creating React Native applications. If the amount of available books on React Native is overwhelming, this guide can help you narrow down the choices to the best books for your needs.
For those who are unfamiliar, please define React Native.
Books that cover React Native, in alphabetical order
If you want to become a React Native expert, the books listed below are essential for mastering the fundamentals of the React Native framework and its components. These books provide an in-depth look at the React Native framework and its many features, making them perfect for anyone looking to gain a comprehensive understanding of the framework. Investing in these books will help you become a more knowledgeable and skilled React Native developer. So, don’t delay – get started on your React Native journey today!
- Redux provides a comprehensive introduction to all the ideas behind Flux architecture and the React development patterns.
- Redux Thunks and Redux Sagas clarify every complex idea in data transfer protocols.
- It discusses the ideas behind navigation in both React and React Native.
Author: M. Grzesiukiewicz, Mateusz
Published: On This Day in 2018 (September 29)
Price: Amazon Is Selling It for $39.99
The Second Edition of the React Native Cookbook
- Another great book for newcomers to React Native, this one focuses on creating an exceptional user interface.
- There are 592 pages of fantastic explanations on complex aspects of the React Native framework.
- This guide will simplify the process of creating powerful, feature-rich apps for both iOS and Android.
Authors: Mr. Dan Ward
Published: A New Year Begins in January of 2019
Buy it: Only $16.00 at Packt
- You can build a fully-featured app with this React Native book as your guide.
- This book will teach you how to use Apollo Server, Express, Node, and MongoDB to create APIs for use with React Native.
- Only a small fraction of this book is devoted to front-end development issues like React Native Expo, Electron, and React.
Author: David Adam Scott
Published: This Day in 2020: February 6
Buy it: At Amazon, You Can Have It for for $28.92.
- This book describes the interplay between React Native and native UI elements.
- Standard HTML elements may be compared with their React Native mobile counterparts.
- It teaches you how to use the React Native community’s modules and APIs on your chosen platform.
Author: Theresa Bonnie Eisenman
Published: Monday, December 3, 2015
Buy it: From Amazon, $47.19
Building Mobile Apps Using React Native
- With this book, you’ll learn all you need to know about ECMAScript 7, React Native, and Redux.
- Discover the inner workings of React Native apps and ideas as you study the distinctions between Redux and Flux.
- Concepts in React Native are well presented, making it possible to study and construct impressive apps for both iOS and Android.
- Furthermore, you’ll find out how to integrate advanced features into your app, such as the camera, GPS, the React Native contact book, and more.
- You will have a firm grasp of the Redux design pattern and the knowledge to implement its principles in your own work.
Authors: Those Two Guys’ Names Are Akshat Paul and Abhishek Nalwaya.
Published: June 12, 2019
Preorder: Buy It Here for $34.99
- If you want to learn React Native, this is a great book to start with. It’s a great fit for developers new to the web, Android, or iOS.
- The methods are simple to grasp and may be used to create apps that run on many mobile and online platforms.
- Additionally, you will have an appreciation for Routing, Redux, and animations.
- This book provides a comprehensive overview of the entire process of making data queries, retrieving data, managing data, and storing data locally in the React Native environment. It outlines each step of the procedure and explains how to optimise the process for the most efficient data acquisition.
Author: An Interview with Nader Dabit
Published: March 2019
Buy it: Currently Available at Manning Publications for only $49.99
Third Edition of the Definitive Guide to Developing Apps and Websites with React.js, Extending to React Native
- This book is perfect for any developer who wants to utilise the latest version of React Native and design native user interfaces from the ground up.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the inner workings of React and its many components, as well as their attributes, states, and contexts.
- The ideas presented here may also be used to the development of code splitting tools for use in React.
- This book uses React Native to provide a straightforward explanation of the common facets of the iOS and Android mobile operating systems.
- This book is useful for developing online and mobile applications, as well as for creating GraphQL schemas.
Author: Roy Derks and Adam Boduch
Published: April 30, 2020
Buy it: Prices at Packt Start at $35.99
- By the time you finish reading this book, you will have acquired the skills necessary to develop four useful applications, including a weather forecasting application, a timer application, a messaging program modelled after Instagram, and a messaging service.
- This book has 10 chapters, each of which is packed with examples and helpful hints for creating exceptional applications for iOS and Android.
Authors: Sophia Shoemaker, Anthony Accomazzo, Houssein Djirdeh, and Devin Abbott
Published: The Date of September 22, 2019
Buy it: At $61.95 on Amazon
Learn React Native by Building Two Complete Projects and a Full Game
- If you are looking for an excellent resource to learn React Native, this book is an ideal starting point. It provides a comprehensive introduction to the technology and an in-depth exploration of the React Native framework.
- Following the completion of this book, you will be able to create a wide range of puzzle games and other organised projects.
- It is possible to expand one’s knowledge of React Native beyond the core technology itself, and delve into its related technologies, such as React Navigation, Redux, Expo, and server-side frameworks like NodeJS and Socket.io. Each of these technologies has its own set of unique features and capabilities that can be utilised to create powerful applications.
Authors: Roberto Frank Zammitti
Published: On This Day in 2018
Buy it: In Apress for $22.99
Building 4 Practical Apps Using React Native, a Cross-Platform UI Framework for React
- Fun apps like ridesharing, photo sharing, texting, and more may be created with the guidance of this book.
- Upon completion of this book, you will be equipped with the knowledge to utilise third-party application programming interfaces (APIs) to craft a game, streamline the development cycle, and manage state management frameworks including Redux and Mobx.
Authors: Mr. Emilio R. Martinez-Rodriguez
Published: March 13, 2018
Buy it: Buy It Here for $34.99
We have now concluded our list of the top 10 recommended books for learning React Native from Works. If you have any questions about the best books that a software engineer should read, our team would be delighted to answer them. Don’t hesitate – take advantage of the sale and purchase these books today!