In the business world, the only thing that can be said with certainty is that uncertainty is inevitable. This is why executives in the information technology sector are increasingly turning to agile methods as a means of addressing the ever-evolving nature of the industry. By adopting an agile approach, development teams can be more responsive to changes of any magnitude and react quickly in order to stay ahead of the competition.
Agile software development is rooted in a series of principles and values which emphasise the importance of flexibility and working together. It is therefore critical that the development process be able to evolve to incorporate new objectives and goals, which may require new approaches and ideas from those involved in the project. There are a variety of factors that can act as drivers for change.
It is important to incorporate modifications into the development process, regardless of their source. This could be in the form of modifications to usability specifications, or changes to the program’s intended features and capabilities. Working with a programmer that is open to embracing such modifications will facilitate a more efficient and expeditious development process, ultimately enhancing the quality of the software produced.
It is imperative that you select an external partner who shares a similar approach to your team if you are currently utilising an agile methodology. Agile software development is more of a mindset than a specific process, meaning that it can be tailored to suit any given scenario. Consequently, it is essential that the outsourcing partner you select for agile software development is knowledgeable in the twelve fundamental principles of the methodology employed by your team.
When It Comes to Agile Software Development, Does Your Outsourcing Partner Believe in the Same Things You Do?
The following are just a few of the numerous advantages of outsourcing software development.
- Concentrated effort
- Faster product launch
- Capable Computer Technology
- Sharper focus
In order for your development process to be as efficient and effective as possible, it is essential that your development partner is able to quickly and effectively adopt your team’s vision and values.
The most successful members of an agile software development team are those with backgrounds that require a high degree of flexibility. They should be able to quickly adapt to the process and any necessary training should follow a rapid learning curve, ensuring that there is no disruption or delay in the production process.
Joining an existing software development project successfully requires pre-existing expertise and understanding of the industry. This may involve adapting to a new team and process. The ideal outsourcing partner will have a design-focused point of view, and have the ability to work well with other disciplines. To ensure success, it is essential that the partner has experience with numerous software development approaches, and has employed software engineers that can quickly adjust to changing needs.
Your Software Outsourcing Company’s Ability to Adhere to These Five Essential Design Phases Is a Good Indicator of Their Reliability.
The five-step approach to design established by the Stanford Design School has been proven to be a highly effective method for agile software outsourcing partners. Adhering to this approach will ensure that the software developers on your team remain motivated, engaged and dedicated to making the most of their time whilst working on your project. By following this five-step approach, your engineers will be able to quickly adjust to your preferred method of operation, providing you with a successful and efficient team.
These are the five levels of software design thinking:
- Empathize: When partnering with a reliable outsourcing company, the software engineers should strive to gain an understanding of your team and the challenges they face on a deeper level. It is essential for them to observe how actual customers interact with the product in order to gain a better insight into the context in which it will be used. To ensure that you and your team get the most out of the relationship, they should be asking more in-depth questions which encourage deeper reflection and exploration of the issue. Additionally, they should be closely monitoring the behavior of the team to ensure that they are gaining a true understanding of the situation.
- Define: The next step for engineers is to conduct a comprehensive analysis of the data gathered in the initial step in order to gain an understanding of the challenges and needs of the end-users. Through the use of pattern recognition, requirement classification and insight synthesis, engineers will be able to identify the issues and difficulties faced by the end-users.
- Ideate: In the Design Thinking methodology, the third step is to generate innovative ideas. This is the imaginative stage, in which a team of dedicated individuals use techniques such as brainstorming and mind mapping to challenge traditional ideas and create novel solutions.
- Prototype: The concepts generated in the previous stage are evaluated in this experimentation phase. To start creating a viable solution, it is essential to build small-scale prototypes of the product. At this stage of the process, competent software developers should be considering how the product will be used by real people, not just hypothetical users.
- Test: Ultimately, solutions are verified by creating prototypes. By presenting them to end users for testing, software developers can gain feedback on what changes need to be made. As design thinking is an iterative process, it is possible to return to previous stages at any point to ensure the final product meets all requirements.
It is essential to take into account all of the necessary steps when considering engaging a software developer through software development outsourcing. However, this is not the only factor to consider when making the decision. Other aspects must be taken into account when selecting whether or not to outsource software development.
If you are looking to achieve the autonomy you deserve, it is essential that your partner is able to provide a competent workforce within three days of your request. Even if you require a significant number of staff, they should be capable of providing personnel enhancement for a range of outsourcing software development services. It goes without saying that your nearshore software development partner must only recruit the most experienced IT professionals in their region.
Pick an Outsourcing Company That Can Learn Your Process Quickly
No matter which methodology you decide to use, you require an outsourcing partner who can supply you with experienced developers who are knowledgeable in your preferred working process.
When deciding on a developer, it is important to consider their experience, training and educational background. However, it is equally important to ensure they are able to follow the team’s established processes and demonstrate the agility to adapt quickly when necessary. If they are unable to do so, it will be a waste of both time and money.
Your team’s approach, whether it Agile or something else, At Works, we offer access to some of the most talented software engineers in Latin America, who can quickly and efficiently adapt to your organization’s processes. We are proud to employ only the top 1% of IT talent in the region, so you can be sure that your projects or team members sourced from us will stay close to home. For more information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us today.