The IT Job Market Has Peaked: Companies in the United States Want to Hire Remote Developers

Electronic Transactions Research (ETR) recently concluded their quarterly Technology Spending Intentions Survey (TSIS). This survey was completed by 1,200 IT executives and decision-makers, with 77 percent of the respondents based in the United States. The study was conducted in order to gain insight into the technology spending plans of IT decision-makers and experts.

According to the TSIS research, IT investment would increase by 5.5 percent by 2022.

Are IT professionals in high demand in the employment market?

Highly skilled Information Technology (IT) specialists are in immense demand in the job market. According to the Technology Skills and Innovation Survey (TSIS), the requirement for IT personnel is increasing at an unprecedented rate. This is corroborated by the Employment and Training Reports (ETR) TSIS report data, which is consistent with the data collected by the United States Bureau of Labour Statistics.

According to CompTIA, as of December 2021, there are an estimated 3.85 million IT jobs available in the United States. This figure is an increase of 3.7 million IT jobs since the same period in 2020, indicating a growth of approximately 115,000 job openings for software developers and IT professionals.

Data for remote jobs in the IT industry

According to the most recent TSIS survey, the current numbers for growth in the IT sector are indicative of a trend towards remote work, with 42% of IT personnel now working full-time remotely and 31% alternating between remote and office work. Furthermore, 27% of IT employees have returned to the office and are now working full-time on-site.

According to a report by the Technology and Science Industry Society (TSIS), the IT sector in the United States is expected to experience an increase of 13% between 2020 and 2030. The report predicts that over 667,600 IT jobs will be created during this time period, with the majority of these positions being remote due to organisations being better prepared to adopt the work-from-home (WFH) paradigm.

Statistics from large surveys

According to the United States Bureau of Labour Statistics’ Business Response Survey, 52.2 percent of Information Technology personnel reported working remotely full-time, while 15.8 percent indicated that they worked in a hybrid model of both remote and in-person. Overall, it was found that 68 percent of professionals in the Information Technology industries in the United States worked remotely.

According to statistics provided by Statista.com, the information technology sector is projected to employ over 1.14 million people in 2021. The emergence of cloud computing, big data storage and collection, and information security technologies have all contributed to the high demand for IT professionals.

According to research conducted by Janco Associates, the IT sector is expected to add 213,000 jobs in 2021, surpassing the current rate of employment. Furthermore, April 2022 saw a remarkable increase in employment, with around 17,000 new jobs created. Over the last three months, the IT sector has additionally added more than 43,200 employees.

How can you hire remote developers as the IT job market evolves?

Due to the global pandemic, the Information Technology (IT) industry has seen a significant increase of 58.9% in remote work. This field of work is significant, as it currently employs more than 2% of the United States’ workforce. Consequently, the infrastructure for improving network capabilities and cybersecurity measures must be upgraded to accommodate this surge in remote IT professionals.

The recent surge in the need for information technology professionals has made it more difficult for Chief Information Officers, Chief Technology Officers, and human resources personnel to source qualified software engineers.

As a recruiting manager, you must determine whether to hire in-house or outsource IT specialists.

Join the Top 1% of Remote Developers and Designers

Works connects the top 1% of remote developers and designers with the leading brands and startups around the world. We focus on sophisticated, challenging tier-one projects which require highly skilled talent and problem solvers.
seasoned project manager reviewing remote software engineer's progress on software development project, hired from Works blog.join_marketplace.your_wayexperienced remote UI / UX designer working remotely at home while working on UI / UX & product design projects on Works blog.join_marketplace.freelance_jobs