With the pandemic now in its second year, remote working has become a widely accepted practice. Numerous employees have chosen hybrid or remote work due to the obvious advantages, including heightened productivity, less commuting time, and more control over their schedules. If you are interested in remote work, Works can assist you with hiring remote developers.
Amid the pandemic, companies faced difficulties when adjusting their work arrangements to remote set-ups. Nevertheless, there were notable advantages to be reaped from having a decentralized workforce. What are the major perks of working remotely for businesses?
The Benefits of Remote Work for Your Enterprise.
To find the solution to this inquiry, let us assess data and surveys from corporate entities worldwide:
- Owl’s State of Remote Work reveals that small and medium-sized businesses are twice as likely to employ remote personnel on a full-time basis. Remote recruitment is an efficient method of resource conservation, as it allows the company to allocate more funds towards actual work and the quality of the goods or services produced.
- About 85% of executives predict that hybrid or remote working teams will become the norm over the next few years. Despite the pandemic causing difficulties for businesses that shifted to remote work, six out of seven managers remain assured that hybrid work environments are the way forward.
- A survey of HR professionals discovered that 64% agree that offering remote work is beneficial in recruiting high-caliber employees. This is especially true since the pandemic began and more people are opting to work remotely. Businesses that provide this option have a greater chance of attracting top talent.
- Surveyed businesses revealed that 94% experienced enhanced performance and increased output. Additionally, two-thirds of managers stated that employees were equally or more productive when working remotely.
- A recent survey indicated that 74% of employees consider remote work options crucial in enhancing employee retention. It is clear that companies that implemented remote work observed a 50% reduction in resignations in 2023 alone. This demonstrates that providing staff with greater flexibility in their work schedules and enabling them to cooperate with colleagues in different time zones is an effective method of keeping competent personnel.
Factors to Consider Before Opting for Remote Work
To fully maximize the benefits of remote work, the first step is to prepare your team for the transition.
- Granting remote employees access to the essential technology required to perform their duties efficiently is crucial. Therefore, providing them with suitable hardware and software should be the foremost priority.
- Establishing and maintaining efficient communication channels within the team is crucial. Determine if synchronous or asynchronous communication will be utilized and ensure that all team members are informed of this to facilitate effective collaboration, regardless of their physical location.
- As a team, you benefit from increased flexibility regarding the time and place of work, as long as you achieve your targets and fulfill your obligations.
- Regular check-ins, both individual and collective, should be conducted, with the frequency determined by the team size.
- Remote Work Protocol: Our final step is to formulate a list of guidelines for employees who work remotely on a regular basis. These policies will assist team members and can be adjusted as necessary to guarantee effective management of communication, scheduling, and task completion.
Companies Benefit from These Six Advantages of Remote Work
- Lowered Costs
- Impact on the Environment
- Mental Well-being
- Time Zone Variations
- Employee Retention
- A Pool of Skilled Labor
1. Advantages of Cost-effectiveness
By embracing remote work, companies can decrease expenses related to a physical workplace. Based on estimations from Global Workplace Analytics’ Telework Savings Calculator, businesses can save about $11,000 per part-time remote worker annually.
Nevertheless, it is important for companies to consider the expenses of facilitating remote work for their employees. By implementing it properly, however, remote work can result in savings in numerous critical areas for your business.
- Geographically dispersed teams permit companies to save more than $18,000 per year on expenses related to real estate, utilities, furnishings, cleaning services, and more.
- If you do not require a physical office space for your business, you may be able to lower costs connected to office snacks, business lunches, catering services, and meeting supplies.
- Before the pandemic outbreak, companies typically spent around £1,293 per employee on travel and business trips. By implementing hybrid and remote work strategies, businesses may potentially reduce routine expenses, freeing up funds for more crucial trips.
- For virtual teams to be effective, they require top-notch technology equipment for remote work, which can include software, tech tools, and data security. By providing employees with the necessary hardware and software instead of investing in physical office space, money can be saved. In the long run, investing in high-quality technology tools is more cost-effective than opting for cheaper alternatives that may require frequent replacement.
2. Environmental Impact
A recent study by FlexJobs revealed that remote work has a positive impact on the environment. If 3.9 million individuals worked part-time remotely, the effect would be equivalent to removing 600,000 vehicles from the road. Furthermore, if 36.2 million Americans work remotely by 2025, this could result in yearly emissions reductions worth between $70 and $140 billion.
3. Positive Impact on Mental Health
In the wake of the pandemic, mental health and remote work have become more prominent concerns. While it is typical to feel discontent in any work setting, this becomes less problematic when a remote work policy is in place.
FlexJobs’ 10th Annual Survey discovered that 70% of participants believed that working from home had a beneficial impact on their mental wellbeing. Out of those surveyed, 48% emphasized the improved work-life balance, 54% acknowledged the increased availability of emotional support in the workplace, and 45% highlighted the flexibility to customize their own schedule.
The CNBC | SurveyMonkey Workforce Survey determined that remote workers attained a Workforce Happiness Index score of 75, surpassing those in an office setting, who achieved a score of 71.
4. Working Across Multiple Time Zones
Having a remote workforce with employees in various time zones is highly advantageous for IT and customer service organizations. With round-the-clock availability, businesses can provide customized customer support at any time of day, ensuring that a high level of service is maintained.
5. Retaining Valuable Employees
A study published in the Harvard Business Review outlined the numerous benefits of remote teams in the workplace. The findings demonstrated that home-based employees displayed greater commitment, worked more hours, and remained with their employers for longer periods. Additionally, 75% of respondents reported feeling less stressed and more content due to the decreased number of distractions and a greater degree of control over their work schedule.
Employers should be mindful of the various advantages of offering remote work opportunities. Research indicates that allowing employees to work from home can decrease turnover rates by 50%. Those with this option are also more likely to express loyalty (81%) and job satisfaction (57%) than those without, making it a valuable asset for companies looking to recruit and retain high-caliber talent.
6. Access to a Wider Talent Pool
In summary, one of the most significant advantages of remote work is the expanded access to a larger pool of proficient and knowledgeable job candidates. What benefits come with connecting with personnel from diverse global locations?
- Employing distributed teams can contribute to promoting diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. Concealing their sexual orientation (17%) or gender identity (13%) might be a challenge, particularly for LGBTQ+ workers. Similarly, minority groups, religions, and ethnicities may find it difficult in a conventional work environment. Remote work can be an efficient approach to cultivating a more diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Hiring from a remote location can expand the range of potential candidates for a company, granting access to a wider pool of skilled individuals from across the world. For instance, businesses offering global customer service may find it advantageous to have someone familiar with local regulations on board to address any needs.
- Remote hiring provides a broader spectrum of possibilities for locating individuals with particular skills. For instance, South America is renowned for its C+ programming expertise, while Eastern Europe is swiftly becoming a hub for IT specialists. It also allows for the recruitment of temporary personnel on a project-by-project basis to meet the demands of any specific undertaking.
How Does Works Identify Its Top Remote Workers?
The ability to tap into a more diverse talent pool is among the primary advantages of remote work. Yet, this is a double-edged sword because competing in a global arena can make it difficult for smaller HR teams to screen CVs from overseas. With more than a decade of experience in innovative remote recruitment technologies, Works has succeeded in developing a highly efficient recruitment process.
- Our recruitment team is spread out across the world, giving us access to worldwide talent. They can source the global market and put forward individuals who have been assessed for compatibility with your project requirements, communication style and quality standards.
- Remote recruitment enables companies to maintain salaries at a reasonable level while still attracting and retaining top talent. By recruiting experienced developers in regions with a lower cost of living at competitive rates, a mutually beneficial long-term relationship can be fostered.
- Legal issues can be a hurdle for Human Resources departments concerning remote recruitment. We have a dedicated Human Resources team responsible for processing all necessary documentation and overseeing the onboarding process, working closely with the development team to ensure compliance with regulations.
By implementing this strategy, you can take advantage of all that remote work has to offer. Our HR department recommends three suggestions for effectively locating and hiring highly skilled programmers from around the world:
Before initiating the recruitment process, it is crucial to dedicate time and effort towards crafting an extensive job description. This should encompass a thorough description of the job duties and responsibilities, along with an overview of the company’s goals and the working conditions provided.
- You may require the services of a third-party development company for tasks such as data storage or front-end application development.
- Freelancing: When it comes to short-term projects or regular maintenance, a freelancing partnership can offer the necessary flexibility.
- If you require a committed and capable team member who can evolve with your business, then hiring a full-time remote developer may be the solution for you.
Technical Competency Assessments
Here are a few examples of the insights that can be gleaned from a technical skills assessment:
- Throughout the coding process, a highly skilled approach was employed.
- To achieve the desired results, it is crucial to strike a balance between front-end and back-end considerations, giving equal attention to syntax (how code is written) and back-end concerns (what code is written).
- No longer every couple of hours
- The exam’s difficulty level should match the applicants’ skill set.
- The libraries, frameworks, and other development tools utilized by the applicant in their job.
Third-Round Interviews for Job Applicants
When seeking to hire experienced Node.js professionals, it’s crucial to ensure that the candidate is well-versed in a variety of back-end tasks. If you are considering a remote Node.js developer, it’s especially important to conduct a series of interviews to assess their technical and interpersonal skills. Finally, it’s critical to arrange for the candidate to meet with other team members to evaluate their character and social skills.
Advantages of Remote Work
Effective management of remote hiring can have a considerable positive impact on your business. Our team is available 24/7 to offer assistance, and we place great importance on fostering a productive team dynamic while also empowering our members to work independently. Our track record of successfully identifying the most qualified candidates for our clients attests to this. As a result, you can concentrate on your project, recruit top talent from all over the world, and reap the benefits of a distributed workforce.