In order to gain a better understanding of the potential employment trends that we can expect to see in the year 2022, it is necessary to analyse the monthly trend of job postings related to technology. This can help us identify the need for IT workers, as well as the demand for professions using Artificial Intelligence (AI). By considering the data in regards to technological job postings, we can determine which industries and roles will be most in-demand in the near future.
Contrary to what is commonly assumed, San Francisco is not the sole locale for technological success. In recent years, there has been a significant increase in the demand for technology in both New York and Los Angeles, suggesting that these two cities have also become vibrant hubs of technological innovation.
It is widely acknowledged that individuals with technical proficiency are increasingly congregating in New York and the Bay Area, which includes cities like San Francisco, as a consequence of the substantial number of available jobs in those areas. According to a recent study by Comptia.org, Los Angeles is also actively positioning itself as a focal point for the technology industry. Data indicates that in July of 2022, Los Angeles had more job openings than San Francisco; however, New York retained its leading position.
Technology employment trends: leading sectors advertising tech positions
In July of 2022, the professional, scientific, and technological services sector displayed the most job openings in the technology field, followed closely by the insurance and banking industry. Additionally, several technology related roles were available in the healthcare sector, along with other sectors such as manufacturing, information, and retail.
The need for software engineers is growing, and so are opportunities in the field of artificial intelligence.
In July 2022, a total of 159,401 tech jobs were listed, with 15% of those being related to artificial intelligence (AI). This is indicative of the rapid expansion of the AI field, bringing with it a range of new employment opportunities.
Aside from this, other major shifts in software engineering
- As the economy continues to decelerate, the unemployment rate for software engineers has continued to decrease. According to the latest report from the Bureau of Labour Statistics, the jobless rate for software engineers dropped to 1.7% in July 2022, down from 1.8% in June. This marks a significant improvement in the job market for software engineers, even in these uncertain economic times.
- Companies’ increased spending on cutting-edge technologies like Augmented Reality is fostering employment growth in the sector.
- Software engineers are increasingly sought after across all industries, from manufacturing to public administration to educational services. The demand for professionals with expertise in software engineering is growing as businesses and organisations become more reliant on digital technologies. As the need for these skills rises, the opportunities for software engineers to make a meaningful contribution to the economy are becoming increasingly abundant.
- When it comes to ads for IT jobs that can be done remotely or from home, software development and engineering roles continue to dominate the market.
- In July of 2022, the number of people employed in the technology sector surpassed 5 million.
As the economy continues to face a potential recession, there is a growing demand for software engineering jobs that can be conducted remotely. The competition for qualified IT workers is higher than ever, and technology companies are recognising the need to expand their operations beyond the traditional tech hubs of the Bay Area and New York City. The jobless rate in the IT sector is also declining, indicating a steady and increasing need for software engineers.
Do you want to work as a software developer from home in the United States? It’s Worth a Shot to Give It a Shot.
By utilising Works, you may be able to uncover advantageous remote software development job opportunities within the United States. To explore further, please visit our Job Openings page for more information.