It is widely recognized that Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a rapidly growing area of interest for businesses wanting to accelerate their growth. Utilizing AI to automate and refine mundane tasks can result in increased efficiency and cost-savings for your company. Automation with AI will often result in faster, more accurate, and more reliable outcomes than could be achieved by manual labor.
AI has many advantages over humans when it comes to the speed of analyzing data and making decisions based on multiple sources of information, such as customer feedback and datasets. AI can be implemented in various forms, such as chatbots, mobile and online applications, and analytical tools that can identify trends and generate better solutions. In short, AI can be used to improve many aspects of life.
Skilled software engineers are essential for any organization that plans to incorporate AI into its products and services. Furthermore, they should be knowledgeable about the most effective AI programming languages.
What programming languages are available to aid with the integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI)? Let us explore some of the most widely used languages to help you achieve your goal.
Python has been a popular language for Artificial Intelligence (AI) since its creation, even before AI was a necessity for enterprises. It is the most popular choice for Machine Learning, which is a part of AI, and its origins and success with big data have led to its widespread adoption in AI research and development.
Python has secured a significant place in the current technology rankings, largely due to the existence of specialized AI frameworks for the programming language. Developers often use TensorFlow, an open-source toolkit designed exclusively for machine learning, to train and infer deep neural networks. Other AI-focused frameworks include:
- scikit-learn is a tool for developing and executing machine learning training models.
- Process images and text with the help of the Python library PyTorch.
- Keras – provides a code-level interface for high-level mathematical operations.
- You may define, optimise, and evaluate mathematical expressions with the help of the Theano library.
Python also ranks high on the list of the simplest languages to pick up and use.
Since its introduction in the 1960s, Lisp has been employed to great effect in the advancement of scientific research, particularly in the examination of natural languages, proof of theorems and tackling of Artificial Intelligence (AI) problems. Developed as a powerful mathematical notation for programming, Lisp is now extensively used by AI programmers.
Lisp, the second oldest programming language in existence, is essential for any Artificial Intelligence (AI) project to be successful. It offers a range of capabilities which are invaluable to the development process.
- Prototyping quickly.
- Making things up as you go along.
- Trash pickup must be performed by law.
- Programs built from data structures can be run.
- Computer code may be seen as a kind of data and edited in the same way.
- Makes use of recursion as a control mechanism rather than an iteration.
- Strong capacities for processing symbolic data.
- The iterative process of “reading,” “evaluating,” and “printing” may simplify the development of interactive programmes.
Due to John McCarthy’s significant influence within the Artificial Intelligence community, many of his concepts have been implemented over the years.
It is widely acknowledged that Java is an essential language for AI development. Its widespread use in the development of mobile applications is a major factor in this. It is a suitable choice, particularly in light of the prevalence of AI in mobile applications.
In addition to its compatibility with TensorFlow, Java also has a number of AI-focused libraries and frameworks, such as:
- Deep Java Library is an Amazon-developed library for implementing deep learning strategies.
- Kubeflow – allows for the administration of Machine Learning stacks on Kubernetes.
- OpenNLP is a natural language processing tool built on Machine Learning.
- The Java library for Machine Learning includes a number of different algorithms.
- With Neuroph, creating neural networks is a breeze.
Java offers streamlined debugging techniques, an accessible syntax which allows for graphical data display, and a combination of WORA and Object-Oriented design principles, among other features.
C++ is a language that has been around for some time yet remains relevant in the AI space. This is largely due to its versatility, which makes it suitable for tasks that require a large amount of system resources. C++ is a low-level language that enables efficient production-level AI model management. Despite not being the most popular language amongst AI developers, it is undeniable that a number of machine learning and deep learning libraries are written in C++.
Further, C++’s efficiency and performance are unparalleled due to the fact that it automatically translates user code into machine-readable code.
It is true that R is not the most suitable language for Artificial Intelligence (AI), however it is more effective than Python for large-scale numerical calculations. Moreover, R is a practical language for AI given its support for functional programming, vectoral computing and object orientation.
There are a few AI-centric packages available for R as well.
- gmodels – gives you access to a wide range of model fitting instruments.
- What we mean by “TM” is a framework for text mining programmes.
- An ODBC bridge called RODBC.
- The OneR package allows for the use of the One Rule Machine Learning classifier.
Julia is a recent addition to the list of programming languages, with a focus on high-performance computing in scientific and technical fields. It also has a range of AI-related capabilities.
- Formats for storing numbers that are commonly used.
- Preciseness levels that are completely arbitrary.
- Algorithmic robustness.
- Understanding one’s own code via the use of tuples and dictionaries.
- Integration with a package management.
- The type system is dynamic.
- Having the capacity to function in parallel and distributed computer environments.
- The ability to use macros and metaprogramming.
- Consecutive dispatches are supported.
- Included C function support.
The packages TensorFlow.jl, MLBase.jl, and MXNet.jl may all be used in conjunction with Julia.
It is recommended that integration of one or more of these programming languages is undertaken as soon as possible if the implementation of AI is desired within your organization. With the right development team, AI can bring great benefits to your business.