Recruit Android Lead Engineers
Android development is projected to offer a plethora of opportunities to software developers and businesses to create influential mobile apps that can enrich user experiences and boost brand recognition by 2022. According to a report, the number of job openings for Android developers is anticipated to climb to 135,000 by 2024. Thus, it can be an excellent career choice in 2021 since Android apps are widely adopted by firms. Moreover, with the increasing number of internet users, there’s a rising demand for remote Android Lead Engineer jobs. A Senior Android Developer’s job is enticing and rewarding, where they demonstrate their proficiency and expertise in programming by creating and managing Android apps. They often get involved in code review and debugging, as well as brainstorming and working with peers and superiors on several project concepts. With their knowledge and experience in building hundreds of apps, Senior Android Developers are highly sought after.
What are the prospects for Android Lead Engineers?
Android has undoubtedly emerged as the leading mobile operating system globally, prompting companies such as Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, and Airtel to invest in Android-powered third-party app development. Additionally, there has been a recent surge in the frequency and quality of Android Accreditation, making it a highly desirable certification. All of these factors have created a promising future for Android Lead engineers in the tech industry. Google is also investing in products like self-driving cars, biometric authentication, and cameras that are based on Android. With the growing requirement for real-time apps used in online payments and transactions, the potential for Android continues to expand. Additionally, Google is working towards enhancing phone and process performance with artificial intelligence.
What are the responsibilities and duties of an Android Lead Engineer?
Experienced computer engineering professionals who specialize in designing and developing complex programs for the open-source Android operating system are known as Android Lead Engineers. They work closely with cross-functional teams to create and implement innovative features for the Android platform, detecting and fixing computer errors to improve application performance. Android Lead Engineers must also have expert knowledge of various Android components, including Intents, Fragments, and Content Provider. The list of duties below has been derived from actual resumes of Android Lead Engineer jobs, providing an example of what would be expected from a successful candidate:
- Supervising the development and implementation of security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures to ensure continual security.
- Designing layouts and UX using custom Android views and XML is essential.
- The creation of UI components utilizes CSS and HTML.
- Facebook SDK and Twitter API are utilized to record, publish, and distribute experiences.
- The JSON format is used to obtain data from web services and present it in a customizable list view. JSON developers can assist in implementing this process.
- Developing display calibration software using native Linux C++ and Java.
- Internal code was hosted in private GitHub repositories.
- Establishing a local database using SQLITE to safeguard user information.
- Developing pop-up warnings based on business requirements to improve UX.
- Collaborating with product and testing teams to optimize UX design.
- For defining the program’s architecture, implement an MVC pattern design.
- Developing customized web view components to load SWF files and HTML data.
- Proficiency in building android content providers and executing SQL and PL/SQL queries.
- Implementing customer registration features and module visibility using AJAX technology.
What are the requirements to become an Android Lead Engineer?
To work as an Android Lead Engineer, having requisite qualifications is crucial. Research shows that 78.2% of Senior Android Developers qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree, and 19.2% hold a Master’s degree. Without pursuing higher education, becoming an Android Lead Engineer might not be feasible. While selecting a degree program, you must explore the most popular majors for Android Lead Engineers such as Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, Associate degrees, and diplomas. Additionally, experience as an Android Developer or Java Developer can be advantageous when applying for an Android Lead Engineer position. Employers seek Mobile Application Developers and Android Developers who have the capability to take on leadership roles.
Requirements to be eligible as an Android Lead Engineer
Acquiring essential skills for a well-paying Android Lead Engineer position is the primary step towards success. To comprehend the qualifications needed for this job, it is important to examine the fundamental skills required for this position.
JavaJava is a popular programming language owned by Oracle. It was founded in 1995 and is a server-side programming language used for developing applications that can run on multiple platforms. Java is user-friendly, potent, swift and secure, and enables code reuse, thus reducing development costs. This is an object-oriented language that is commonly utilized for developing Android applications, online and application servers, gaming, and database connections. Java and C++ are closely related, making it easy to switch between them. In Android Lead Engineer job resumes, Java is employed to develop server-side console applications for cloud messaging systems, create display calibration applications, replace old HTTP Clients with Retrofit and Rx Java that support JSON arrays and objects, develop user/game interaction animations using AS3 and Java for Facebook’s API, and write business logic using try/catch logic to handle exceptions in Java.
GitGit is frequently used by Android Lead Engineers in several capacities, including controlled version control utilizing Git, where a Preference Fragment was integrated to allow users to select the displayable lanes. Git and Jenkins were also used for source control versioning and continuous integration, respectively, with automated testing using Espresso. GitLab and SourceTree were employed to monitor the IDE and repository flow, and Custom Layout Managers and Git version control were used to design the application’s displays. Automated testing and build automation were implemented with Jenkins in collaboration with Git and GitHub.
SDKSoftware Development Kits (SDKs) are essential tools utilized by software developers to create applications and software for various internet platforms. SDKs provide developers with the necessary documentation, libraries, and coding examples required to build apps by merging the code and documentation. Android Lead Engineer job resumes frequently include the integration of AD-X SDK for real-time advertising analysis, usage reports, engagement, and lifetime value assessments. Designing application logic using Eclipse Kepler, Android SDK, and SMP mobile SDK 2.3 SP06, developing Android mobile applications for QUALCOM DIU50 utilizing standard Android framework APIs and Android SDK-based application development. Additionally, the GeoMoby SDK was employed to implement push notification features in one project.
User Interface (UI)The User Interface (UI) serves as an interface between a computer or software system and the user. The interface is intended to provide users with accurate product information while ensuring a straightforward, user-friendly, and predictable experience to increase customer satisfaction and attract potential customers. Android Lead Engineer job resumes often include various UI experiences like designing custom views and animations for an aesthetically pleasing interface, creating material design UI according to client’s requirements. Designing the application’s UI by integrating native widgets and a toolbar for alternate layouts, using layouts, list views, custom views, and compound views to create intricate yet straightforward UIs, and contributing to the design of user interfaces that feature custom dialog boxes, layouts, text boxes, buttons, and alert boxes.
How can I discover remote Android Lead Engineer job opportunities?
Athletes and programmers share many similarities when it comes to excelling in their respective fields. Both are required to practice regularly and devotedly to refine their skills over time. As a programmer, improving your abilities includes two significant aspects: having access to an experienced professional who can aid you in your practice and utilizing more efficient practice techniques. To prevent burning out, it is important to be aware of your need for practice and ensure that you have the necessary support. For Android Lead Engineers, Works offers a broad range of remote job opportunities, customized to fit your professional objectives. Working with cutting-edge technology to solve intricate technical and commercial problems can fast-track your progress. By joining a network of the world’s best developers, you can find full-time, long-term remote Android Lead Engineer positions that offer higher salary and promotion prospects.
Description of the Job
- Supervise and provide guidance throughout the Android application development process.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, project owners, and engineers to gather, analyze, document and estimate delivery timelines.
- Create, design, test, and implement Android code while also providing critical feedback on the work of junior developers.
- Contribute to architectural and design discussions by providing insights and suggestions.
- Lead and train a team of Android engineers to ensure that project timelines are met.
- Ensure that the development team recognizes and follows coding best practices and keeps up with industry development trends.
- Analyze and explore new findings, abstract ideas, and detailed designs before presenting them to stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (or comparable experience)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Android programming is required (with the exception of exceptionally skilled developers).
- Thorough understanding of the Android SDK, including proficiency in various Android frameworks.
- Proficient in implementing web APIs in Android apps.
- Excellent technical expertise in Android mobile platforms.
- Proficient in custom UI development.
- Knowledgeable in Android’s performance profiling tools.
- Proficient in utilizing design patterns such as MVVM, VIPER, Clean Architecture, and others.
- Thorough understanding of Java, Kotlin, Flutter, and object-oriented programming concepts.
- Proficient in Android user interface design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Excellent proficiency in Github/Bitbucket.
- Practical experience in utilizing Restful APIs for linking Android apps to the backend.
- Proficiency in English is necessary for effective communication.
- Full-time availability (40 hours a week) with 4-hour overlap in US time zones is mandatory.
- You are familiar with Junit and other unit testing principles.
- Proficient in using cloud messaging APIs and push notifications.
- Comprehension of business and technological requirements.
- Familiarity with issue tracking platforms such as JIRA is necessary.
- Excellent comprehension of the Agile Development methodology.
- Having at least one app available on Google Play is a requirement.
- Experience in managing teams is a prerequisite.
- Ability to analyse, demonstrate technical skills and showcase creativity are essential.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.