Hire Apache Kafka Developers
Apache Kafka is an established, open-source distributed event streaming technology initially released by LinkedIn in 2011. Developed with Scala and Java programming languages, Kafka is widely used for data integration, streaming analytics, high-performance data pipelines, and mission-critical applications. Acknowledged as one of the most dependable streaming services, it is now employed by over 80% of Fortune 100 companies.
The Apache Software Foundation’s most active project, Apache Kafka, has become increasingly popular in recent years as companies actively search for skilled engineers to join their teams. This is due to its outstanding features such as high throughput, scalability, reliable storage, and high availability, which give it a competitive edge in the industry. Additionally, Apache Kafka has three key elements that make it particularly attractive to users:
- Core qualities such as high throughput 2.
- Built-in stream processing.
- Companies have confidence in us.
- Ease of use.
What does Apache Kafka development entail?
A professional Apache Kafka developer is responsible for the complete implementation of a variety of data projects. This includes, but is not limited to, web application development, management, and improvement, as well as analytics. Furthermore, the developer implements a well-planned Multi Data Centre (MDC) Kafka deployment using Kafka.
Apache Kafka has been widely adopted by many enterprises, from large internet corporations to automobile manufacturers, with almost 5 million lifetime unique downloads. This technology is becoming increasingly sought-after and is a popular choice for many Fortune 500 firms. It has the capability to process billions of events on a daily basis and is used by companies such as Netflix, LinkedIn, Uber, and Spotify to manage their real-time streaming data. Developers commonly employ Apache Kafka to build streaming data pipelines and applications that can process data streams. This demonstrates its versatility and wide range of applications, making Kafka a valuable skill for any aspiring software engineer.
What are an Apache Kafka developer’s duties and responsibilities?
An Apache Kafka developer must possess a high level of technical proficiency, strong communication skills, and a comprehensive understanding of business operations. They should be capable of undertaking a wide variety of tasks, from minor to major. On a daily basis, an Apache Kafka developer is expected to perform the following additional duties:
- Provide solutions to ensure maximum performance and availability.
- Using Apache/Confluent Kafka, look for the optimal data transfer strategy.
- Work with the team to find innovative methods to contribute to the upkeep, development, and improvement of online applications.
- Should be able to execute functional and technical project analyses.
- Collaborate on projects with IT partners and the user community at different levels.
- Knowledge of Apache/Confluent Kafka, Big Data technologies, and Spark/Pyspark is required.
How does one go about becoming an Apache Kafka developer?
It is not essential to have a degree to become an Apache Kafka developer. Regardless of whether you are a recent graduate, a post-graduate, a fledgling programmer, or an experienced coder, you can acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to become an Apache Kafka developer. Being conversant with both technical and non-technical abilities is the key to success.
A remote Apache Kafka developer must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent degree. A degree in this field will provide a solid foundation in coding and understanding the various technologies associated with the role, which will give the candidate a powerful edge over their competitors.
To learn more, here are the abilities required to become an Apache Kafka developer.
What skills do you need to become an Apache Kafka developer?
The first step in obtaining high-paying Apache Kafka developer employment is to be familiar with the following highly suggested professional skills:
JavaIt is not essential to possess a particular talent in order to become an Apache Kafka developer. As the platform utilises the Java programming language, it is advantageous to have a working knowledge of the language. With this knowledge, developers are able to create Java applications that can both create and receive messages from Kafka, thus leveraging their Java skills to their fullest potential.
Understanding of the Apache Kafka architectureIn order to have a thorough understanding of any platform, it is important to first understand its architecture. Although the term may sound complicated, the structure is actually quite simple. Apache Kafka’s architecture is easy to comprehend and can be utilised for application messaging. Furthermore, its simplified data structure and highly scalable characteristics make it a particularly attractive choice. Apache Kafka is managed through four APIs: Brokers, Consumers, Producers, and ZooKeeper, which together form the Kafka cluster architecture.
APIs for KafkaAn Apache Kafka developer should possess a wide range of essential skills, including a thorough understanding of four Java and Scala APIs – the Producer API, the Consumer API, the Streams API, and the Connector API. These APIs provide a range of fundamental features which make Apache Kafka a highly customizable solution for processing streaming data. The Kafka Streams API is used for constructing stream processing applications and contains several high-level functions that are designed to manage event streams. The Connector API enables the creation and execution of data import/export connectors which can be reused, meaning that a fundamental knowledge of this API will be extremely helpful in securing an Apache Kafka job.
Excellent analytical and interpersonal skillsAnalytical skills are a must-have for any Apache Kafka developer job. These skills demonstrate the ability to identify and solve complex or difficult issues with simple solutions. Furthermore, strong analytical skills are necessary to recognise patterns in data, evaluate information, and turn raw data into valuable information. All of these capabilities are essential for the success of any Apache Kafka developer.
Where can I get remote Apache Kafka developer jobs?
There are many similarities between Apache Kafka engineers and athletes. Both require regular training and practice in order to achieve success in their respective fields. They must stay up to date with the latest technology and trends, and continuously work to develop their skills over time. An Apache Kafka developer must also consult with knowledgeable experts in the field in order to gain the most effective insight. Working with a specialist is an excellent option for anyone looking to gain first-hand experience in any technological sector.
WorkX is a revolutionary platform that provides users with the opportunity to acquire the job of their dreams and advance their career. Our sophisticated Artificial Intelligence-powered Intelligent Talent Cloud provides users with powerful assistance to explore and discover the perfect remote employment opportunities. Whether it be full-time, long-term positions with an attractive salary or a network of experienced Apache Kafka engineers to collaborate with, WorkX can help users find the perfect fit for them.
Responsibilities at work
- Create real-time data pipelines and applications.
- Create unified, low-latency, high-throughput systems for real-time data flows.
- Unit and integration testing should be carried out for complicated modules and projects.
- Analyse current needs and incorporate them into solutions.
- Perform performance tests, solve problems, and monitor application performance.
- Maintain application stability and availability.
- Set up monitoring tools and redundancy clusters.
- Bachelor’s/degree Master’s in engineering, computer science, or information technology (or equivalent experience)
- At least three years of experience as an Apache Kafka developer is required (rare exceptions for highly skilled developers)
- The candidate has a deep understanding of Apache/Confluent Kafka, Spark/PySpark, and Big Data Technologies. They have experience working with Kafka brokers, zookeepers, KSQL, KStream, and Kafka Control Centre. This expertise makes them a valuable asset to any organisation.
- AvroConverters, JsonConverters, and StringConverters expertise.
- Knowledge of programming languages like Java, C#, and Python
- Knowledge with automation technologies such as Jenkins is required.
- Excellent grasp of the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools (Git, Mercurial, SVN)
- Fluency in English is required for efficient communication.
- Work full-time (40 hours per week) with a 4-hour overlap with US time zones.
- Outstanding organisational and problem-solving abilities.
- Working knowledge of RDBMS systems such as Oracle.
- Understanding of in-memory programs, database architecture, and data integration is required.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, and GCP.