Engage Expert Apex Developers
Utilizing the power of the Salesforce platform, users are able to develop their own applications with the use of the exclusive Apex programming language. This language has been specifically designed and implemented by Salesforce, enabling users to customize the Salesforce platform with their own set of business logic and execute them according to various conditions. One unique aspect of Apex is that it’s compiled and executed within Salesforce.com’s servers, without requiring any external toolkit, compiler, or interpreter, which makes it very user-friendly and accessible from anywhere with just an internet browser and access to cloud services.
Apex is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform which is purposely designed for software development. Salesforce.com released Salesforce.com Platform Edition in April 2007, which allows customers to access Apex apps without investing in the company’s signature CRM software. With Apex, developers are able to create custom SaaS applications seamlessly as it is built over the top of Salesforce. Developers can connect directly with users’ information, as well as access the data stored in Salesforce, and utilize the various client-server interfaces and APIs of Salesforce.com. Salesforce is a cloud-based company specializing in CRM; its founding dates back to 1999 and it reported $13.28 billion in revenue in 2019, marking a 26% growth from the previous year. Programming languages built on top of this powerful platform can open up even more possibilities for creating custom software applications that fit your company’s unique needs.
Advantages of Choosing Apex
When it comes to creating Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications, implementing common features like web-based widgets or multi-user databases can be accomplished using Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). This bypasses the need for additional infrastructure that is typically required for SaaS applications. With Apex, however, things are much simpler. It can be used as an add-on feature for Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) without requiring any extra software or configuration, as it is directly hosted on Salesforce servers. Accessing Apex is as easy as logging into the standard user interface and can be obtained through either the Salesforce online page or the App Exchange.
Apex’s workflow involves two distinct stages: developer action and user action. The developer’s role is vital as it determines the direction of the workflow, while the business user or client user carries out the user actions. Apex only allows the addition of new features to Salesforce – modification of any existing features is not permitted. Salesforce’s default settings are fixed and can not be altered, and the use of multiple threads or the storage of transient data is prohibited as well.
- Apex takes both lowercase and uppercase characters into account and improves itself automatically.
- Apex has object-oriented programming language features, and its syntax is similar to that of Java and C#.
- Apex comes equipped with testing tools that simplify the creation and execution of test cases, making it easy to test.
- The version of Apex in which the code was saved is the version in which the code will always be executed.
- Apex is incredibly powerful and enables developers to add their own business logic to various framework events, like button clicks, changes to related records, and Visualforce user interface (UI) page creations. This makes it possible to create custom applications that are specifically designed to meet the needs of individual users.
- Apex code can be initiated by both web administration requests and object triggers.
By following these steps, you will eventually reach the Apex stage.
In Apex Builder,this section is only accessible upon request, and it offers users a concise set of controls for customizing the application. Creating Apex Builder applications is a relatively simple process, but users must strictly comply with the predefined interface components and business logic procedures for the application to work correctly.
Apex Application Programming Interface:This method retrieves unprocessed data from Salesforce.com’s servers by using their Application Programming Interface (API). Salesforce.com utilises this API for their internal programmes, and third-party programmes, such as those coded in Java, can use it to access customer data stored in their Salesforce.com account.
Alphabetical Order of Priority:Apex Code is a powerful language for utilising Salesforce.com’s backend. With its implicit methods for accessing client data and building the Apex API, it reduces the number of server-to-client exchanges, improving the system’s performance. While Apex Code applications can handle such exchanges on their own, Apex API programmes must still communicate with Salesforce servers whenever they access or store data. As a result, customer-worker communication may be necessary when getting user input and producing the final result.
Roles and Responsibilities
Salesforce has now become the most widely used Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system worldwide, resulting in a significant demand for skilled programming professionals. CRM has proven to be critical in enhancing business productivity and efficiency by integrating all customer-related communications and operations into a single platform.
To excel as a Salesforce developer, one must have a thorough understanding of Salesforce CRM platforms, expertise in application development, and the ability to tackle complex programming issues. A competent Salesforce developer can create applications that are flexible and responsive, fully meeting business requirements.
Furthermore, the responsibilities include,
Delivery:Developing state-of-the-art applications using Apex scripting.
Testing:Ensuring that established best practices are followed when handling Salesforce.com’s operational requirements, feature requests, and bug fixes is crucial. It is important to verify the application’s reliability and effectiveness, comprehensively test the documentation, as well as ensuring that users understand how to properly use it.
Problem-solving:Promptly addressing issues and correcting errors, which includes having 24/7 and availability for assistance during the problem-solving process.
Implementation:We are accountable for developing and deploying code for Salesforce applications and offering professional support to end-users as needed. We will review any reported problems, identifying and resolving any bugs, updates, and providing necessary guidance.
Maintenance:Ensuring the application’s security, integrity, and availability are maintained.
Collaboration:Collaborating with cross-functional teams to interpret business requirements and designing appropriate solutions using the Salesforce framework.
Tailoring:Utilizing Apex in Salesforce to customize CRM solutions can be achieved.
Enhancing Productivity:Creating highly scalable solutions and prioritizing customer satisfaction can be accomplished within Salesforce.
- Contribute to application planning, setup, testing, and organization, holding meetings with clients to determine business, functional, and technical requirements.
- Capable of taking initiative by setting high expectations (determining prerequisites, defining project expectations, creating status reports, and project plans).
- Strictly following standard operating procedures and keeping track of events, incidents, requests, changes, challenges, etc.
- Working with Continuous Improvement on the Front End of Application Setup, Maintenance, and Best Practices Development. You can check out the top 15 front-end frameworks for 2022 for reference.
- As a software developer, your responsibilities include implementing modifications, providing project support, maintaining up-to-date information, and implementing complex components of the module.
- Developers should be capable of making independent decisions and contributing to the company as fully autonomous employees.
- Programmers must possess a comprehensive understanding of at least one language or technology related to software development.
A bachelor’s degree in IT, Software Engineering, or Computer Science is required.
- I possess an exceptional level of knowledge working with the Apex, Visualforce, and Lightning Component frameworks, with expertise in Salesforce Apex Code Level 2 (SFDC Apex Code-L2), Salesforce Lightning Level 2 (SFDC Lightning-L2), and Salesforce Advanced Configuration Level 2 (SFDC Advanced Configuration-L2).
- Thorough understanding of the latest version of Salesforce and its functionalities (such as permissions, roles, reports, dashboards, etc.).
- Proficiency in effectively integrating and implementing solutions using APIs.
- Our team is highly knowledgeable in advanced software development techniques that go beyond popular CRM systems such as Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, InterAction, SalesLogix, Oracle On-Demand, and SAP.
- Proficient in software development using Java SE and EE (Java, JSF, SQL).
- Skilled in RDBMSs, ETLs, and data modelling.
- Can effortlessly write stored procedures, functions, and DDL in SQL.
- APEX 5 Custom Theme Design.
- Developing a Plug-in Architecture for Oracle’s APEX
- Thorough understanding of database design theory, concepts, and best practices.
- For a software developer to be successful, they need to have excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with individuals in different departments of the organisation. Additionally, the skill to manage multiple tasks and prioritize them according to their significance is a valuable asset to the role. Learn more here.
- Project management skills are crucial for a developer. They should have a sharp eye for detail and be quick to learn and use new programming languages and scripts. Read more about project management here and TypeScript here.
Works offers a comprehensive job board that simplifies the process of finding and hiring skilled Apex Developers from anywhere in the world. Our platform is customised to your specific requirements, whether you need contractors, freelancers, or full-time employees. Visit Works today to get started.
Professionals who exhibit expertise in using Salesforce in their daily work may qualify for the Apex Developer Certification. This certification is evidence of the individual’s ability to develop applications and analytics using the Salesforce platform. The certification’s courses cover various topics, including advanced validation, email management, website administration, and more. Additionally, Apex developers can receive advanced training in custom transactional logic. Possessing the Apex Developer Certification could make it easier for professionals to work in the Salesforce Apex development environment and enable companies to find and recruit qualified developers and software engineers with ease.
WorkSpace is an all-in-one platform that helps people discover job opportunities across a variety of industries – including education technology, financial technology, healthcare technology, logistics and transportation, retail and online commerce, tourism and hospitality, media, and financial services. Our HR services encompass the entire recruitment process – from locating potential candidates to onboarding, billing, compliance, and taxes for any remote employees. Our objective is to streamline the job search process and accelerate the time it takes for you to start working.