Employ AWS Cloud Infrastructure Architects
Cloud computing solutions are becoming increasingly popular in the business world as companies are moving away from on-premise data centres and server rooms. For IT departments, adopting cloud services has become a top priority. AWS is one such comprehensive cloud computing platform offering a range of services to businesses, launched in 2006 as an extension of Amazon.com’s internal infrastructure that supported its online retail operations. Cloud computing solutions, which are also known as on-demand computing or software as a service (SaaS), offer a flexible and scalable way to host, manage and process applications and data in the cloud on a pay-as-you-go basis as per the subscribers’ needs without the constraints of physical infrastructure.
AWS was one of the early adopters of a pay-per-use model for cloud computing, providing businesses on-demand access to processing power, storage and bandwidth as required. The increasing popularity and advantages offered by cloud computing have led many firms to actively seek out remote AWS cloud infrastructure architects for their business.
What is the significance of AWS cloud infrastructure development?
Becoming an Amazon Web Services (AWS) certified professional is globally recognized as one of the most desirable qualifications and can lead to highly lucrative employment prospects. AWS certification is one of the most essential qualifications for candidates seeking roles as AWS cloud infrastructure architects as it demonstrates their proficiency and practical knowledge of implementing best laboratory practices. Holding AWS accreditation can significantly expand an individual’s career opportunities.
The digital technology advancements in recent years have led to a significant growth in the field of cloud computing. Subsequently, cloud technologies have become immensely popular globally due to the overall connectivity and interconnectivity of our world. Therefore, it has become increasingly imperative to have extensive resources to forecast the future of cloud computing accurately. Hence, those individuals who aspire to pursue careers as remote AWS cloud infrastructure architects can be confident of finding stable and fulfilling employment opportunities.
What are the responsibilities and obligations of an AWS cloud infrastructure architect?
After securing remote AWS cloud infrastructure architect jobs, some of the crucial tasks include:
- Developing and managing all server network components.
- Optimizing the primary database to respond efficiently to front-end requests.
- Collaborating with front-end developers to integrate various elements.
- Designing customer-facing user interfaces and back-end services to support various company tasks.
- Staying updated with the latest developments in Node.js.
- Developing and deploying highly responsive user interface components.
- Using React.js workflows to develop application interface codes.
- Identifying and managing application limitations.
What is the process of becoming an AWS cloud infrastructure architect?
Applying for remote AWS cloud infrastructure architect positions requires a considerable amount of expertise and knowledge. However, anyone who is passionate about the profession and meets the outlined qualifications can submit an application. This includes skills such as designing, planning, and engineering cloud infrastructure solutions, scaling and monitoring cloud infrastructures, and providing guidance on security requirements and best practices.
Becoming an AWS cloud infrastructure architect usually involves pursuing a college education. This is the most common path to enter the field, and a degree in computer science can provide a solid foundation for the job and demonstrate your qualifications. It is essential to note that if your academic performance in high school was not exceptional, you may not meet the requirements for admission to a college that can help you find employment as an AWS cloud infrastructure architect.
Another option for individuals seeking a career in remote AWS cloud infrastructure architecture is to enroll in a boot camp program. These programs specialize in teaching the necessary skills and languages needed to apply for AWS cloud infrastructure architect roles either online or in person. This method proves to be a more cost- and time-effective approach than pursuing a traditional three or four-year degree.
Irrespective of the path chosen to become an AWS Cloud Infrastructure Architect, it will lead to numerous opportunities in the future. As an AWS Cloud Infrastructure Architect working remotely, a bright and prosperous career awaits you.
Necessary Skills for AWS Cloud Infrastructure Architect.
To pursue a successful AWS Cloud Infrastructure Architect career, it is crucial to have the necessary skills. Let us explore each of these abilities in detail to gain a better understanding of the technical qualifications required for this profession.
ImplementationFor an AWS Cloud Infrastructure Architect, it is vital to possess a comprehensive understanding of deploying web applications to AWS. Several methods exist for accomplishing this, some of which may become outdated or replaced by newer techniques. Initially, you should be acquainted with the manual process of deploying an application to Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) servers. It lays the groundwork for expanding your knowledge and even setting up automated deployment solutions. Furthermore, to deploy and assemble the application’s architecture, you must understand CloudFormation. Elastic Beanstalk is a popular service for delivering applications to AWS, although it may not invariably be the most effective option. Hence, it is critical to be knowledgeable about it. Lastly, with the increasing dependency on containers, you should know how to use Elastic Container Service (ECS) for Docker and Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) for Kubernetes to deploy applications. A thorough comprehension of these subjects is critical for becoming a successful AWS Cloud Infrastructure Architect.
SafetyRoles and Policies familiarity is a critical skill for any AWS Cloud Infrastructure Architect. Apart from facilitating the job’s successful execution, this knowledge can be useful in other areas of the profession. Another common and complicated issue confronted is the efficient management of secrets. Thus, before applying for any remote AWS cloud infrastructure architect roles, it is essential to understand thoroughly the tool and its functionality.
Amazon Web Services SDKAchieving familiarity with the AWS Software Development Kit (SDK) is invaluable if you aim to secure a position as an AWS Cloud Infrastructure Architect. Not only does it save you time and effort, but it also makes you an attractive candidate to potential employers as an experienced and knowledgeable applicant. By dedicating time to become well-versed in AWS, you will feel comfortable communicating about cloud-based solutions and strategies with confidence and ease. Neglecting this critical skill is not recommended – become a stronger candidate by investing effort and time to learn the SDK today.
DatabasesDatabases are an indispensable component of every online business, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides several solutions to meet this need. However, it is crucial to determine which database service is the best fit for your application, as choosing the wrong one can hinder its progress. Knowing the various alternatives and their advantages and disadvantages is critical to making an informed decision.
TroubleshootingIt is evident that AWS offers an easier mechanism for managing and resolving issues once they are detected. However, there is no particular playbook to follow when it comes to remote cloud infrastructure architecture. Utilizing AWS necessitates a profound understanding of the platform, its abilities, and the capacity to identify and resolve any challenges that may occur. As a result, acquiring troubleshooting skills is crucial for achieving success in this domain. By learning how to problem-solve and debug, one can maximize the platform’s potential and tackle any obstacles that may emerge.
Serverless ArchitectureServerless architecture is a cloud-based code execution strategy that eliminates the need for developers to manage server and computing resource management. In this approach, cloud providers handle the server and resource management, automatically setting up and managing virtualized servers and real servers in the cloud. This eliminates the need for virtual machines and physical servers, making it an increasingly popular approach. Consequently, many companies now look for candidates with serverless architecture expertise while hiring positions such as AWS Cloud Infrastructure Architects.
Cloud MigrationCloud migration entails transferring digital assets, including data, workloads, IT resources, and applications, from legacy infrastructure or on-premises data centres to cloud-based infrastructure. This process can also cover the transfer of data across multiple cloud systems and can involve the migration of all or a subset of assets. Furthermore, cloud migration provides several added advantages and features.
Cloud ImplementationCloud deployment is a crucial element of cloud computing, encompassing the development, planning, execution, and management of cloud workloads. Three main cloud deployment options include Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Familiarity with cloud deployment procedures is essential for those pursuing remote AWS cloud infrastructure architect positions.
How to Obtain a Remote Position as an AWS Cloud Infrastructure Architect?
The requirements for obtaining remote AWS Cloud Infrastructure Architect positions have been identified, and the most critical element for ensuring success is devoting time and effort to developing your skillset. Staying abreast of the latest technological advancements and being ready to adjust your knowledge base accordingly is critical for establishing a successful and lasting career. To achieve this, practising as much as possible is key.
At Works, we take pride in offering highly rewarding remote AWS Cloud Infrastructure Architect positions that can help you achieve your career goals. You will have ample opportunities to refine your skills while collaborating with other accomplished engineers to tackle complex technical projects. Moreover, you can join a global community of skilled AWS cloud infrastructure architects and discover long-term, full-time remote employment opportunities that provide competitive salaries and aid in career advancement.
- Develop comprehensive models of cloud infrastructure architecture.
- Furnish clients with testing, development, and production environments.
- Aid in the migration of systems and applications to the cloud to meet technical and business objectives.
- Develop novel technological features for fresh cloud applications and systems to integrate and deploy.
- Identify waste and automate cloud cost management processes to decrease cloud solution expenses.
- Participate in the development of technical artifacts such as RTM, Detailed Technical Design, Security Architecture Plan, SDD, and more.
- Integrate with non-cloud technologies and products/services from third-party vendors.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in software or infrastructure architecture (with rare exceptions for highly skilled developers)
- Thorough understanding of essential AWS services and AWS architecture best practices
- Experience in designing, building, developing, and implementing cloud solutions is mandatory.
- Experience in developing and managing cloud-native applications
- Strong experience in Linux Shell Python scripting and/or other types of scripting
- Excellent understanding of servers, infrastructure, platform scaling, and methods to reduce infrastructure costs.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) and technologies like CloudFormation or Terraform
- Proficiency in English is a requirement for effective communication.
- Employment on a full-time basis (40 hours per week) with a 4-hour overlap in US time zones
- Practical understanding of server virtualization
- Possessing additional certifications like IBM Certified Solution Architect, Google Cloud Platform Qualified Developer, and Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect is an added advantage.
- A keen interest in learning about cutting-edge technology
- Practical understanding of Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- Superior analytical and creative thinking skills, along with outstanding problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills