Engage Azure DevOps Engineers
Azure DevOps is a suite of services for developers that facilitates effective management of work, seamless collaboration on code creation, and efficient building and deployment of applications. It offers an extensive array of tools and procedures that bring together top-notch engineers, project managers, and other contributors to work on software development. Businesses can leverage Azure DevOps Services in the cloud or Azure DevOps Server on-premises to accelerate their product development and improvement, surpassing the time frames of conventional software development approaches.
Individuals aspiring to be an Azure DevOps Engineer must aim to comprehend the basics of the subject matter to foster the requisite skills for effective collaboration with others, familiarity with diverse procedures, and utilization of varied technologies. Mastery of these key facets will enable individuals working with Azure DevOps to add tangible value to the final results produced.
What is the role description for Azure DevOps Engineers?
The demand for proficient Azure DevOps Engineers is escalating at a rapid pace due to the widespread adoption of Azure DevOps solutions, with many companies now relying on cloud services in their operations, which calls for skilled professionals in this field. If you have prior experience in the IT sector, mastering DevOps is vital for career advancement. Undoubtedly, Azure DevOps has a positive future outlook and offers various solutions to IT issues. Moreover, experts in Azure DevOps earn lucrative salaries and are highly committed to their work. Azure DevOps is an advantageous method adopted by numerous IT businesses to provide more dependable and efficient services to their customers.
Azure’s future prospects are bright, and it is more than just a cloud service; it constitutes an essential component of the interconnected global network and will play a major role in advancing cutting-edge technologies, such as data and artificial intelligence.
What are the responsibilities and duties of an Azure DevOps Engineer?
As an Azure DevOps Engineer in the Enterprise Application Rapid Delivery Services team, you will be accountable for devising, implementing, managing, and automating our software development pipeline from source control to production. This entails designing and deploying scripts and automation tools used for generating, integrating, and publishing software releases across various platforms. Apart from this, you will be responsible for ensuring that corporate requirements are adhered to and that the implemented solutions are operationally feasible, whether in a global or local setting. The specific responsibilities of a Senior Azure DevOps Engineer include working collaboratively with operations and development, devising, implementing, managing, and automating the software development pipeline. In addition, you will be required to design and deploy scripts and automation tools, and ensure that the solutions meet corporate requirements and are feasible for the organisation’s environment.
- Create software ranging from build system automation to automated deployment to enhance engineering delivery. (Learn more)
- Integrate continuous deployment strategies to bolster our position in Agile.
- Design, structure, develop, deploy, and update cloud application CI and CD solutions.
- Generate Infrastructure as Code, using tools and services that adhere to industry standards (IaC).
- To enable automated application deployment, utilise deployment and configuration tools that comply with industry standards.
- Establish and operate continuous delivery pipelines for deploying and executing client testing and production environments.
- Address monitoring alerts and provide system assistance.
- Incorporate and keep up to date with cloud and DevOps techniques and technologies that are considered best practice.
- Work with teams to identify and automate Azure resource provisioning processes for document automation.
- Resolve workstation issues such as proxy and McAfee, and troubleshoot CI/CD infrastructure and processes (disk space, network problems, etc.).
- Provide support for CI/CD pipelines (assist with setting up new projects, troubleshooting, etc.).
- Collaborate with important stakeholders to identify, evaluate, and define DevOps needs.
What are the ways to acquire a role as an Azure DevOps Engineer?
Individuals who are seeking to obtain the Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer Expert certification must possess a practical understanding of both Azure Administration and Azure Development. If you are interested in securing a position as an Azure DevOps Engineer, it is important to read on and learn about the necessary qualifications and abilities needed to excel in this field.
In order to obtain the distinguished title of an Azure DevOps Engineer Expert, it is crucial that you comprehend and comply with certain guidelines. To become certified as an expert engineer, passing the AZ-400 exam is mandatory. However, before you can take the AZ-400, there are certain prerequisites that must be fulfilled. To be eligible for the AZ-400 examination, you must either pursue or have already acquired one of the two available certifications.
Attaining Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate and Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate certifications may be necessary to complete the accreditation process for a professional DevOps Engineer. Depending on the individual’s objectives, acquiring both certifications, or just one of them, may be necessary to obtain the DevOps Engineer certification.
Requirements to become an Azure DevOps Engineer
Developing cloud-based applications requires a unique set of skills and a different thought process than traditional on-site application development. This is due to the cloud’s ability to provide scalability, resilience, and features and services that are not available in on-site deployments. To stay competitive in this constantly evolving field, it is critical to enhance existing skills and acquire new ones. Below are some of the key skills necessary for a successful Azure DevOps engineer role.
Basic knowledge of Linux and scriptingCurrently, proprietary operating systems are no longer a concern for businesses since we are now in the era of Linux. Linux has become the preferred choice of most businesses for running their applications, making it essential for Azure DevOps engineers to have a solid understanding of the Linux operating system. Additionally, the majority of configuration management technologies, such as Ansible, Chef, and Puppet, share Linux as their foundation. Hence, DevOps engineers must have familiarity with Linux and Linux-based programming languages, preferably Python. Since DevOps is an automated approach that involves infrastructure provisioning, having a good understanding of Linux and Linux-based programming languages is critical for DevOps professionals.
Continuous Delivery and Continuous IntegrationContinuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, commonly referred to as CI/CD, are crucial to the DevOps methodology. This process involves the continuous integration of code created by multiple developers, followed by thorough testing to ensure successful deployment to production. Scripts are used to build and distribute new containers, which are then released to production through automated processes.
Key principles of DevOpsDevOps is not a technology or tool, as widely believed. Instead, it is a software development approach that is flexible and adaptable to the unique needs of an organisation. The primary aim of this methodology is to unite Development and Operations teams, removing the gap between them and accelerating their work. Businesses that implement the DevOps strategy can produce high-quality software in a shorter period. To accomplish this, they must employ various tools and techniques.
Scaling ApplicationsThe cloud empowers a rapid and effective way of scaling an application in various directions, including in, out, up, and down. With just a few clicks, administrators can easily switch to a more robust server and increase the number of concurrent applications running. The Azure developer is responsible for ensuring that each new instance of an application is operational. Additionally, Azure provides powerful global scaling capabilities through its Azure Traffic Manager service, which automatically directs users to the most appropriate application instance based on their geographical location.
Monitoring PipelinesTo comprehend the workings of a cloud-based system, a variety of services must be employed. The nature of cloud computing – with its distributed and loosely connected components – can make it challenging to obtain an overarching view of system operations. Establishing a monitoring pipeline is essential for gaining insights into the system. Azure Monitor is a tool that can be used to achieve a holistic view of the system. As an Azure developer, it is your duty to ensure that appropriate monitoring is in place for any applications that require it.
How to secure a remote position as an Azure DevOps Engineer?
Being an Azure DevOps Engineer is an appealing and rewarding opportunity that offers various services and features. Before pursuing certification, it is critical to understand what skills and areas of expertise are necessary. Obtaining the Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate certification is the ideal approach to landing a successful and profitable job in this field. This certification validates your Azure development expertise and demonstrates to potential employers that you are well-informed about cloud platforms. Certified professionals are considered a more trustworthy option than those lacking adequate knowledge of the technology.
At Works, we provide you with access to the most suitable remote Azure DevOps Engineer jobs tailored to meet your professional requirements. You will have the opportunity to enhance your business acumen while also improving your technical proficiency while working on challenging projects that utilise cutting-edge technology. Become a part of our exclusive community of top-tier developers and apply for full-time, long-term remote Azure DevOps Engineer jobs that offer accelerated career growth and increased income potential.
Description of the Job
Responsibilities of the Job
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify, evaluate, and manage business requirements.
- Design, develop, deploy, and enhance CI/CD systems.
- Deploy Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to effectively manage computer infrastructure components.
- Automate deployments to enhance software delivery and organisational performance.
- Design and deploy CI/CD pipelines to facilitate provisioning and client testing.
- Work with DevOps engineers to determine the necessary Azure resources.
- Identify and resolve performance issues to enhance efficiency.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest Cloud and DevOps industry standards and practices.
- Hold a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology (or possess comparable experience).
- Minimum of three years of practical experience with Azure DevOps is essential (with some exceptions for highly skilled developers).
- Expertise in Azure Functions, Azure Databricks, and their architecture.
- Comprehension of Azure Machine Learning Services, as well as their architecture.
- Thorough understanding of CI/CD pipelines.
- Proficiency in Kubernetes and containerization technology.
- Hands-on experience in testing and debugging software.
- Complete understanding of REST APIs.
- Efficient communication necessitates a strong grasp of the English language.
- Work full-time (40 hours per week) with a minimum of 4-hour overlap with US time zones.
- Ability to write PowerShell scripts is mandatory.
- Familiarity with Git, Azure Repositories, branching, code review, and code analysis tools.
- Skilled in diverse DevSecOps concepts and technologies, such as Azure DevOps, Pipelines, GitHub, and GitHub actions.
- Ability to create code that is clear, readable, scalable, reliable, and tested.
- Understanding of test-driven development.
- Azure-certified candidates will receive priority.
- Exceptional technical, organizational, and communication skills.