Engage Azure/GCP Engineers
The field of data engineering consists of several roles that aim to establish reliable infrastructures that promote the seamless transfer of data in a data-driven environment. These experts are tasked with offering unprocessed data from diverse sources, empowering organizational staff to make informed decisions using this information.
The domain of data engineering is concerned with the development, building and management of extensive systems that manage data collection, storage and analysis. It is a multidisciplinary field having an impact in almost every industry. Businesses may accumulate vast amounts of data, but they necessitate the appropriate staff and technology to present this data in an accessible format to data analysts and scientists.
BI data engineers are accountable for the creation and upkeep of infrastructures that compile, manage and transform unrefined data into significant insights for data analysts and business professionals in varied settings. This facilitates data accessibility, enabling companies to evaluate and enhance their performance.
Responsibilities of an Azure/GCP engineer
Microsoft’s Azure is currently amongst the most rapidly growing enterprises of Microsoft, especially for those organizations that accept the “Mobile First, Cloud First” approach. With Microsoft’s strong position in the market, an expansion in the most crucial areas of technology can be easily predicted. In the foreseeable future, technology will concentrate on data, since most of the services and systems that are specifically designed to process and manage this data will be hosted on the cloud.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a public cloud computing facility that renders hosted application development, computing, and storage capabilities to commercial IT professionals, software developers, and cloud administrators. GCP services are easily accessible by users over the public internet or through a dedicated network connection.
To take advantage of cloud computing, machine learning, big data, networking, IoT, along with Azure or Google Cloud Platform features such as cloud management, developer tools, and security, businesses are required to employ experts having proficiency in these services. Employing professionals with expertise in these services can guarantee that businesses leverage the maximum potential of the solutions offered.
Roles and Responsibilities of an Azure/GCP engineer
The obligations of an Azure/GCP engineer vary as per the project, but they should possess the skills to carry out diverse responsibilities. This may involve devising solutions, developing suitable architecture, attending meetings with clients to showcase products, and creating a customized GCP architecture that caters to the company’s distinctive necessities and demands.
To successfully implement solutions, an Azure/GCP Engineer must work in conjunction with Cloud Solution Architects, Cloud DBAs, Cloud Administrators and customers. Facilitating the entire development process of cloud applications, from design and definition to deployment, maintenance, and performance optimization and monitoring forms a part of this role.
If you are looking for Azure/GCP engineer jobs to work remotely, the subsequent duties of an Azure/GCP engineer might be of interest:
- Collaborate with Azure-integrated Microsoft products, such as Office 365, PowerShell, and more.
- Satisfy the company’s technology and resilience needs using native Azure services.
- Formulate software monitoring strategy, configuration management, and identity and access management approach.
- Responsible for designing the network connection process.
- Devising, executing, and troubleshooting cloud applications.
- Specialized knowledge in utilizing APIs, SDKs, and command-line interfaces for application development.
- Familiarity with key attributes of Cloud Service Providers.
- Comprehension of application lifecycle management.
- Employ continuous integration and distribution pipeline to deploy applications.
- Develop code to implement crucial security measures.
- Code modules should be created, updated, and validated.
- Proficiency in coding for serverless applications.
- Knowledge of using containers in development procedures.
What is the process of becoming an Azure/GCP engineer?
Those looking to advance their careers can benefit significantly from obtaining the DevOps Cloud Professional certification. Obtaining certifications such as the Google Professional Cloud Developer Accreditation can also be essential for accessing higher-paying roles. Successfully finishing the Professional Cloud Developer exam allows you to create applications that are compatible with various supporting services and utilize Google Cloud Professional Services to develop the most effective techniques for managing application-related tasks.
Obtaining several Azure development certifications can hasten the process of obtaining a position in the field. These certifications distinguish an individual’s profile from the competition and demonstrate that they have the necessary skills and ability to succeed. Additionally, Microsoft provides credentials for those interested in a career as an Azure developer.
The Azure/GCP Developer role is available to candidates who hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Security, Engineering, or Information Technology. Candidates who possess professional certifications such as AWS Certified Architect, MCSE new role-based certificates (Azure), GCP Cloud Architect, CCSP, and CISSP are preferred.
Having multiple cloud certifications can be beneficial in demonstrating your skills in application development and design. These credentials can enable access to remote engineering positions in both Azure and GCP, particularly if you have the necessary abilities for the job.
Requirements for becoming an Azure/GCP engineer
Cloud EngineeringUnderstanding the services provided by different Cloud Service Providers is critical for maximizing Cloud Computing benefits. Popular providers such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Microsoft Azure provide a wide range of services, including compute, storage, databases, machine learning, and migration. This necessitates the expertise of cloud engineers, who can facilitate managing all aspects of cloud computing.
Cloud-Native Application DesignA solid theoretical comprehension of application design principles is necessary to ensure the reliability and security of your applications. Additionally, to make informed decisions about data and storage architecture, one must be knowledgeable about the complete range of Google Cloud Platform services that are accessible.
Cloud NetworkingCloud computing and networking are closely interconnected due to the central computer resources shared with clients through the Cloud. This has resulted in a trend of transitioning more network administration tasks to the cloud, which eliminates the need for client devices to manage the network. With greater access to the Internet and consistent WAN bandwidth, there is an increasing demand for cloud networking as customers seek faster methods of setting up and accessing networks using a cloud-based service. Remote Azure/GCP engineers may also be responsible for devising automated network adjustment techniques to ensure that the network responds to user requirements. Consequently, it is critical for Cloud engineers to be knowledgeable about network fundamentals and virtual networks since they are essential components of cloud networking.
LinuxLinux, being an open-source platform, offers programming professionals numerous benefits, such as customisation and security, among others. This favourable reputation has resulted in Linux being embraced by several cloud providers, making it essential for cloud engineers to have the abilities required to design, plan, build, manage and maintain Linux servers in cloud environments. In the constantly developing world of cloud computing, the ability to work with Linux can be crucial for those aiming to stay competitive.
VirtualizationVirtualization software has enabled numerous users to optimise their hardware resources by running several virtual computers on the same physical hardware, allowing them to simulate different components of their IT systems. In order to access reliable, fault-tolerant resources, organisations must utilise virtualization or services such as virtual machines, Amazon EC2 and AWS Lambda, enabling them to shift towards a serverless computing model. Consequently, it is crucial to obtain the highest quality cloud engineering expertise.
ContainersContainers provide a logical packaging technique for software that isolates it from the operating environment, allowing for fast and dependable deployment, regardless of the target environment, such as a private data centre, public cloud, or even a developer’s laptop. Therefore, understanding the operation of well-known containers like Kubernetes and Docker can be beneficial to one’s Curriculum Vitae in the Cloud domain.
Programming SkillsThe importance of developers in the technology sector cannot be overstated when it comes to cloud engineering abilities. Developers have the capacity to create, deploy, and maintain applications, which is a crucial aspect of cloud computing for improved flexibility and performance. Therefore, having a thorough comprehension of related programming languages and frameworks can be advantageous. Many of the most skilled Azure/GCP developers possess expertise in .NET, SQL, Python, and Java.
How can I land a remote job as an Azure/GCP engineer?
Being a software developer offers immense rewards, but it is crucial to possess a fundamental understanding of programming languages and consistently practice to maintain proficiency. Additionally, having a clear product vision is vital in keeping the entire team aligned. Those with strong communication skills can coordinate tasks and prioritize them according to the overall objective. Works has simplified the search for remote Azure/GCP engineer jobs. It offers the best remote Azure/GCP engineer jobs to assist you in advancing your GCP developer career. Join a community of top developers to discover long-term, full-time remote Azure/GCP engineer jobs that offer better salaries and numerous opportunities for growth.
Description of the Job
Responsibilities of the Job
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify, evaluate, and manage business requirements.
- Assess the impact of the cloud migration strategy on infrastructure, networks and security.
- To add value to the organisation, research, evaluate and implement contemporary cloud technologies.
- Utilise Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to enhance the management of infrastructure components.
- Design, develop, and implement CI/CD systems that support provisioning.
- Work together with DevOps engineers to determine the necessary Azure resources.
- Establish a secure and well-managed corporate environment using Azure.
- Guide team members in adopting and adhering to the latest cloud technology standards and best practices.
- Collaborate with IT security team and solution architects to address any security challenges.
- Lead the conceptualisation, presentation, and implementation of ideas across diverse software development projects.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, information technology, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three years of work experience in cloud engineering is mandatory (exceptions may be made for exceptionally skilled individuals).
- Experience in Azure Functions, Azure Databricks, and architectural expertise.
- Thorough comprehension of Azure Machine Learning Services and its architecture.
- Demonstrated expertise in cloud service providers, particularly GCP, its infrastructure, and configurations.
- Proficiency in Linux and/or Windows administration and scripting is necessary.
- Comprehensive understanding of the CI/CD process and continuous testing tools.
- Hands-on experience with automation scripting technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, and others.
- Understanding of Google security and compliance products, such as IAM, KMS, Resource Manager, and others.
- Proficiency in Kubernetes and containerization technologies is a must-have.
- Proficiency in REST API and PowerShell scripting.
- Fluent English is essential for effective communication.
- Work full-time (40 hours per week) with a minimum of 4-hour overlap with US time zones.
- Knowledge of networking concepts and protocols.
- Fundamental understanding of GCP BigQuery, Dataproc, and Dataflow.
- Familiarity with test-driven development.
- Azure certified applicants will be given preference.
- Prior experience working in an Agile environment. Exceptional technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication and organisational skills.