Hire Cloud Architects
As organisations across the globe transition away from local data centres and server rooms, the popularity of cloud computing solutions has greatly increased. As a result, the demand for Cloud Architects has also risen, as these highly skilled Information Technology (IT) professionals are responsible for the design, planning, and administration of cloud-based services. This shift to cloud technology is the top strategic priority for more than half of all major corporations, as they seek to take advantage of the advantages associated with cloud-based services, such as improved business applications and more efficient data storage.
Companies are in need of highly experienced cloud architects to ensure that their cloud usage is managed effectively. This includes the development of applications, the allocation of resources, and the maintenance of these resources, as well as the efficient utilisation of industry leaders such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure.
What are the responsibilities of Cloud Architects?
The past decade has seen a dramatic transformation in the landscape of cloud computing. This can be largely attributed to the rise of modern technology, which has facilitated increased connectivity between people and businesses around the world. In order to gain a better understanding of the potential of cloud computing, a considerable amount of resources such as manpower, technology, and research capital must be invested. These investments have enabled a wide array of pioneering developments in the field of cloud computing, making it an exciting and lucrative industry to be a part of.
Cloud engineering roles, specifically cloud architecture, have been identified as one of the most sought-after IT occupations for 2022. This is due to the proliferating number of businesses shifting their business operations to the cloud. According to a NetEnrich study, an impressive 68 percent of corporate IT departments have embraced public cloud infrastructure. As businesses transition away from traditional on-premise infrastructure models and prioritise a cloud-first approach when upgrading or building new environments, the requirement for personnel with cloud expertise has experienced an exponential surge.
What are the duties and functions of a Cloud Architect?
As a Cloud Architect, it is my responsibility to design and manage the cloud computing infrastructure necessary for organisations to maintain their flexibility and agility. I possess the expertise and capabilities to construct cloud solutions that satisfactorily meet – if not exceed – the needs of the business. With the prevalence of cloud technology in the corporate world, more and more companies are beginning to unlock their full potential through the use of these solutions.
As a Cloud Architect, you will be responsible for managing and overseeing the various tasks associated with cloud infrastructures. You will be expected to design and implement cloud architecture, optimise cloud technologies, develop cloud strategies, supervise cloud operations, and evaluate cloud services. Additionally, you will be expected to collaborate with other departments and stakeholders to ensure the successful execution of cloud initiatives. Furthermore, you will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing cloud systems and security measures. Finally, you will be required to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in cloud technologies and trends.
- An AWS Architect is a cloud specialist who specialises in the design and implementation of secure internet protocols and the management of Amazon Web Services (AWS) security services and features. As an AWS Architect, they will be responsible for ensuring that the security features of the AWS cloud environment are properly configured and maintained, as well as ensuring that all applications and systems utilising the AWS cloud are secure. The AWS Architect is also responsible for developing and executing strategies to protect the organisation’s cloud assets and ensure compliance with cloud security standards. To do this, they must have a strong understanding of security best practices and have experience with cloud-based infrastructure and application development. Furthermore, they must be able to identify and mitigate potential security risks in order to protect the organisation’s data and maintain the integrity of its cloud-based systems.
- As an Azure Cloud Architect, you will be responsible for providing expert assistance in the design, implementation, and management of Azure cloud infrastructures. You will serve as an authoritative source of guidance on the use of Azure cloud services, and will be tasked with ensuring that these services are used effectively and appropriately. You will need to understand the nuances of cloud computing, and be able to develop solutions that are tailored to the needs of the organisation. Additionally, you must be able to monitor and adjust the cloud infrastructure in order to ensure that it is operating optimally.
- As a Service Cloud Architect, it is my responsibility to define, diagnose, analyse, invent, provide, and integrate cloud services to enable enterprises to function in the cloud. This entails assessing the fundamental business requirements before matching them with an appropriate cloud solution. Additionally, I am also tasked with ensuring that cloud computing services and solutions are implemented both inside and outside of the bounds of a corporate business network.
- Create an intelligent cloud plan and keep an eye on the change.
- Review cloud applications, hardware, and software on a regular basis.
- Develop and manage cloud-based apps.
- Monitor the company’s cloud privacy in collaboration with IT security.
- Respond to technological challenges in a timely and competent way.
- Help with infrastructure migration approaches, such as moving a big number of apps to the cloud.
- Determine the best cloud architecture alternatives to help the organisation achieve its strategic goals.
- Upon evaluating the resource usage and scalability requirements of the project, it is necessary to ensure that these criteria are incorporated into a cloud structure that can adequately meet the project’s needs.
A Cloud Architect is a highly-specialised role responsible for overseeing an organisation’s cloud computing architecture. They are responsible for monitoring cloud activity, developing and migrating applications to the cloud, and assessing computing requirements. Additionally, they provide guidance on how to effectively manage potential risks and threats. This is a senior-level position that requires a distinct blend of technical, business, and interpersonal capabilities.
What does it take to become a Cloud Architect?
The following education, credentials, and experience are often required for cloud architect jobs:
Education: In order to be considered for the position of cloud architect, applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field that has similar capabilities. While a Master of Science degree is not required, many companies prefer applicants who hold this type of degree.
Accreditations: In addition to educational qualifications and professional experience, some employers may require employees to have additional certifications to demonstrate their technical proficiency in certain areas. Certifications from major providers, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft, and skill areas such as cloud security, are among the most sought-after. Obtaining such certifications can help to ensure employers that applicants have the knowledge and skillset necessary to fulfil their job requirements.
Expertise: Cloud architects with five or more years of experience in cloud services, which includes open-source technologies, software engineering, system architecture, scripting languages, and working with multiple cloud providers, are highly sought after in the industry. In addition, these professionals must have prior experience in the construction or design of cloud-based internet services.
Cloud architects are increasingly in demand, with many businesses seeking professionals who possess the technical acumen to manage cloud-based computing solutions. To be successful in this role, candidates must possess experience in programming languages such as Java, Python, and Ruby. Furthermore, knowledge of OpenStack, Linux, Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, Google Compute Engine, Microsoft Azure, and Docker is essential. Equally important are skills related to application programming interfaces (APIs), orchestration, automation, DevOps, and databases, particularly NoSQL databases.
Qualifications for becoming a Cloud Architect
In order to successfully land a high-paying Cloud Architect job, it is essential to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge. To achieve this, it is important to understand what is required of a Cloud Architect and to map out a plan of action to gain the necessary expertise. Let us now explore the steps you need to take in order to become a successful Cloud Architect.
LinuxCloud architects should possess a working knowledge of the Linux operating system, which has become increasingly commonplace in the realm of cloud development. As Linux offers a range of features such as open-source customizability, high-level security, and a wide range of development capabilities, it is highly sought after by many programmers. Therefore, cloud architects should be well-versed in Linux server design, maintenance, and administration. This is reflected in the fact that Linux has been deployed on various cloud platforms by providers who are aware of its broad range of benefits.
Programming Cloud architectsDevelopers play an integral role in the computer industry and must possess advanced proficiency in a wide range of programming languages, including SQL, Java, Python, Ruby, Golang, PHP, and .NET. Furthermore, developers are essential when it comes to cloud computing, as they are able to design, launch, and manage applications that utilise the cloud’s scalability and strength.
CollaborationIt is essential for cloud architects to comprehend virtual networks and the fundamentals of network administration. With the rising popularity of cloud computing, which involves the sharing of centralised computer resources with clients, there has been a corresponding increase in the transfer of more network management operations to the cloud. This advancement has diminished the requirement for consumer devices to manage the network.
DevOpsAs a software developer or operations engineer, it is no secret that these professionals face a wide array of difficulties on a daily basis. DevOps has emerged as a response to this, unifying the development and operations processes, eliminating the need for task dependencies, and creating a bridge between the two. Having an understanding of DevOps operations can be beneficial to employers, as DevOps is a widely used methodology in cloud engineering. Companies that specialise in cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), are especially interested in hiring those with a background in DevOps.
ContainerizationContainers are a highly advantageous way to package applications, as they allow them to be separated from their environment. This decoupling allows for the straightforward and dependable deployment of container-based software, no matter if the target is a private data centre, a public cloud, or a developer’s laptop. Gaining an understanding of popular containers, such as Kubernetes and Docker, can be an invaluable asset on your resume. It can be especially beneficial in the cloud industry, but also in the broader software field.
VirtualizationAs a cloud architect, it is essential to have the ability to install and manage virtual machine application software. This is because businesses must utilise virtualization in order to gain access to resources that are both fault-tolerant and scalable. Furthermore, having a strong understanding of virtualization technologies and services such as virtual machines, Amazon EC2, and AWS Lambda, is a major step towards achieving Serverless Computing. Consequently, this makes a cloud architect’s knowledge of virtualization a highly sought-after and valuable credential.
Application programming interfaces (APIs) and web servicesCloud architects should have a thorough understanding of open standards, such as Extensible Markup Language (XML), Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), Web Services Description Language (WSDL), and Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration (UDDI). In addition, they should be aware of how Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) are constructed.
How can I get a job as a remote Cloud Architect?
In order to be successful in your job search, it is important to create an effective and well-thought-out job search strategy. Before getting started, it is essential to identify and consider what type of job you are searching for and how to utilise that information to refine your search. Additionally, it is critical to demonstrate to potential employers that you have the skills and abilities to be successful in the role. To do this, it is important to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in your field and to continue to grow and develop your skills. Participating in open-source, volunteer, or freelance projects can be an excellent way to gain practical experience and build a portfolio that can be presented in an interview, highlighting your qualifications and capabilities.
At Works, we provide the most comprehensive and attractive remote Cloud Architect positions available. Our jobs are tailored to your individual career goals as a Cloud Architect, allowing you to take advantage of cutting-edge technology to solve intricate technical and business problems. Joining our network of the world’s leading engineers and professionals can help you secure a full-time, long-term remote Cloud Architect job with increased remuneration and career advancement opportunities.
- Create an educated cloud plan and manage the transition.
- Examine and put DevOps and Agile best practices into action.
- Plan, create, build, and manage a wide range of cloud-based systems.
- Work closely with IT security to monitor the company’s cloud security.
- In order to ensure our customers receive the highest quality of support, we will respond to any technical issues swiftly and professionally. Additionally, we will provide assistance in the development of infrastructure migration strategies, such as the transfer of large-scale applications to the cloud.
- The team should focus on migrating, installing, and optimising operations in the cloud, in order to determine the most suitable cloud architecture that will effectively help the company reach its strategic objectives.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, or information technology (or equivalent experience)
- At least three years of expertise in cloud computing, including designing, developing, and managing IT cloud systems.
- A positive attitude and a strong dedication to creating high-quality work
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and contemporary computing trends
- Capability to communicate complex cloud information to management and other IT development partners
- English fluency is required for collaboration with engineering management.
- Work full-time (40 hours a week) with a 4-hour time difference with US time zones.
- Capability to develop in Java, Python, C#, or any other programming language with an official AWS SDK
- Knowledge of DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, CDN, and VPN networking tools
- Understanding of AWS services such as SQS (basic queuing), SNS (notifications), and RDS (Relational Database Service)
- Tuning and configuring cloud-hosted systems and solutions
- Outstanding technical support documentation and architectural abilities