Hire Cloud Infrastructure Engineers
A cloud infrastructure engineer is an information technology expert who is in charge of all technical aspects of cloud architecture, such as design, planning, administration, maintenance, and support. Cloud computing solutions have risen in popularity as enterprises across the globe transition away from local data centers and server rooms. The majority of big corporations are migrating to cloud-based services for business applications and data storage. Furthermore, transitioning to cloud services is the top strategic priority for half of those firms’ IT departments.
Companies need highly experienced engineers to manage their cloud use, which includes app development, resource allocation and maintenance, and effective use of major cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure.
What does cloud infrastructure engineering entail?
The future of cloud computing has changed dramatically in recent years. Because of digital technology, the world is now inextricably linked. This is one of the primary reasons for the change in the scope of cloud computing. The quantity of labor, technology, and research resources required to forecast the future reach of cloud computing has also expanded. As a consequence, we’ve witnessed a slew of exciting cloud computing advancements.
Remote cloud infrastructure engineer positions have been classified as one of the most in-demand IT occupations for 2022 due to the high number of organizations transferring business activities to the cloud. According to NetEnrich study, 68 percent of corporate IT departments currently use public cloud infrastructure. As businesses migrate away from on-premise infrastructure models and toward a cloud-first approach for upgrading or developing new environments, the need for cloud-experienced engineers has skyrocketed.
What are the duties and obligations of a Cloud infrastructure engineer?
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will be primarily responsible for organizing upgrades and deployment projects, as well as offering technical expertise and ideas for delivering client solutions.
The following are the major tasks after getting remote Cloud infrastructure engineer jobs:
- Communicate with customers and stakeholders to strategize creative and fully automated cloud solutions.
- Create new cloud products and services while redesigning, launching, implementing, monitoring, and improving existing ones.
- From start to end, provide infrastructure management services.
- Cloud coding and scripting may assist you in optimizing infrastructure operations.
- Automate infrastructure migration to cloud environments while minimizing downtime.
- Cloud architectures and roadmaps should be developed and improved.
- To increase performance, diagnose, and resolve technical and operational issues.
- Install and record best practices and initiatives.
- To enable DevOps, automate various processes and employ cloud-based microservices architecture.
- Create and manage CI/CD pipelines to automate the delivery process.
- Participate in initiatives aimed at automating tasks.
- Let’s have a look at how to become a remote Cloud infrastructure engineer.
How can I get a job as a cloud infrastructure engineer?
Jobs as a cloud infrastructure engineer often need the following education, credentials, and experience:
EducationA bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field with comparable talents is necessary for the role of cloud infrastructure engineer. A Master of Science degree is preferred by many companies.
CertificationsIn addition to education and experience, some employers want additional certifications to demonstrate technical proficiency in one or more domains. Certifications for major providers such as AWS and Microsoft, as well as skill areas such as cloud security, are among the most popular.
- Most firms want Cloud infrastructure engineers with at least three to five years of expertise with cloud services, including open-source technologies, software development, system engineering, scripting languages, and working with a range of cloud providers. Cloud infrastructure engineers must also have experience implementing or designing cloud-based internet services.
- Programming languages such as Java, Python, and Ruby are required for remote Cloud infrastructure engineer positions. Many firms are looking for OpenStack, Linux, Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, Google Compute Engine, Microsoft Azure, and Docker-experienced Cloud infrastructure experts. APIs, orchestration, automation, DevOps, and databases, especially NoSQL databases, are all critical skills.
Qualifications for becoming a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
The first step is to begin gaining the necessary skills that will assist you in obtaining a high-paying Cloud infrastructure engineer employment. Let’s take a look at the talents you’ll need.
Architecture without a serverServerless is a cloud-based code execution paradigm in which cloud providers, rather than developers, control server and computer resource management. There are no virtual computers or physical servers since vendors immediately place them in the cloud. When firms recruit remote cloud infrastructure engineers, they search for this.
Migration to the cloudCloud migration is the process of moving digital assets such as data, workloads, IT resources, or applications to cloud infrastructure. The process of transferring tools and data from on-premises data centers or legacy infrastructure to the cloud is known as cloud migration. Though the term “cloud migration” normally refers to moving data from on-premises to the cloud, it may also refer to moving data from one cloud to another. During a migration, all or chosen assets may be migrated. It also includes a host of other aspects. That is why we have created this guide to teach you all you need to know about cloud migration.
Cloud implementationDeploying an application through one or more cloud-based hosting models, such as software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and/or infrastructure as a service (IaaS) (IaaS). This includes cloud workload design, planning, execution, and management.
DevOpsIf you’re a software developer or an operations engineer, you’re well aware of the challenges that these professionals face on a daily basis while working in a variety of contexts. DevOps combines development and operations into a single package, removing task dependencies and bridging the gap. Employers may find that having a practical understanding of DevOps operations is useful since DevOps is a popular Cloud infrastructure engineering technique. Cloud service companies are particularly interested in AWS DevOps.
VirtualizationEngineers in cloud infrastructure should be able to install and maintain application software on virtual machines. Businesses must use virtualization to have access to scalable, fault-tolerant resources. A fundamental grasp of virtualization or services like as virtual machines, EC2, and Lambda would be a significant step toward Serverless Computing. As a result, it is a top-tier certification for Cloud infrastructure engineers.
How can I acquire a job as a remote Cloud infrastructure engineer?
You must develop an effective job-search strategy while gaining as much practical experience as feasible. Before you begin searching for work, consider what you’re looking for and how you’ll use that information to narrow your search. When it comes to showing to employers that you’re job-ready, it’s all about getting your hands dirty and putting your skills to use. As a consequence, it is vital to continue learning and growing. If you work on a lot of open-source, volunteer, or freelance initiatives, you’ll have more to speak about in an interview.
Works provides the best remote Cloud infrastructure engineer jobs in the business, all of which are targeted to your specific career objectives. Working with cutting-edge technology to solve complex technical and commercial difficulties may help you grow quickly. Join a network of the world’s most brilliant engineers to get a full-time, long-term remote Cloud infrastructure engineer job with higher pay and professional advancement.
- Communicate with clients and stakeholders in order to develop innovative, completely automated cloud solutions.
- Create new cloud goods and services, as well as redesign, launch, implement, monitor, and improve current ones.
- Provide comprehensive infrastructure management solutions.
- Using cloud coding and scripting, you may improve infrastructure operations.
- Automate infrastructure transfer to cloud environments with minimal downtime.
- Cloud architectures and roadmaps must be implemented and refined.
- To improve performance, troubleshoot and address technical operational concerns.
- Best practices and strategies should be implemented and documented.
- DevOps may be enabled by automating various processes and using cloud-based microservices architecture.
- Create and manage CI/CD pipelines to automate the delivery process.
- Participate in workload automation projects.
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree in engineering, computer science, or information technology (or equivalent experience)
- At least three years of hands-on expertise with cloud infrastructure is required (rare exceptions for highly skilled developers)
- Experience architecting, creating, developing, and executing cloud solutions is required.
- Experience developing and managing cloud-native apps
- A strong foundation in Linux Shell Scripting and/or Python scripting is required.
- Understanding of Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) and the use of technologies such as CloudFormation or Terraform
- Excellent knowledge of automation tools and methodologies
- Strong command of the English language is required for efficient communication.
- Work full-time (40 hours per week) with a 4-hour overlap with US time zones
- Working knowledge of serverless architecture, cloud migration, and deployment
- Knowledge of AI/ML algorithms and frameworks is required.
- Understanding of how to use DevOps technologies in a cloud context
- Prior expertise in large-scale system design contexts is preferred.
- familiar with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Outstanding organizational, technical, and communication abilities