Ember/RoR Engineers Available for Hire
With Ruby on Rails, developers have a powerful tool for creating, administering, and maintaining web-based systems while also providing technical assistance. Full-stack developers who are skilled in Ember/RoR can handle front-end development tasks alongside their server-side work, resulting in a seamless experience for users.
As more and more companies recognize the benefits of using Fullstack Ember/RoR technologists in their operations, there is a growing demand for experienced professionals to fill these roles. If you are considering a career in this field and unsure if it’s the right choice for you, consider exploring Fullstack Ember/RoR engineer roles through Works, where you can acquire valuable experience and deep expertise in these technologies.
What is Involved in Fullstack Ember/RoR Development?
Ember is a widely used web framework that has been employed in the creation of many popular websites and applications for desktop and mobile devices. Notable examples include Groupon, LinkedIn, Apple Music, and Vine. Backed by major corporations such as Facebook, Ember is also supported by a growing number of businesses, including Tilde, Cardstack, Simplabs, and LinkedIn on their platform.
In today’s digital landscape, businesses require cutting-edge website and application development technologies more than ever before. Fullstack engineers specializing in Ember/RoR play a crucial role in this transition by integrating applications with a wide variety of web services and supporting front-end developers in the process. These engineers are primarily responsible for designing powerful back-end components that link applications to other web services, making remote Fullstack Ember/RoR engineer roles in high demand for their versatility and ability to handle a wide range of tasks.
With new Fullstack Ember/RoR engineer opportunities emerging all the time, those who are hired for remote roles in this field can look forward to a bright future.
If you are hired for a Fullstack Ember/RoR engineer role, the following are some of the key tasks and responsibilities you can expect to encounter:
Tasks may include:
- Develop complex cross-platform applications from start to finish.
- Lead the entire development process, from design and coding to testing and networking.
- Collaborate with the team to conceptualize and build the application architecture.
- Ruby on Rails can be utilized to add server-side functionality to an Ember.js web application.
- Ensure that data is effectively communicated between users and the server.
- Work closely with product managers and software developers to rapidly deliver sophisticated solutions.
- Integration, development, SCRUM, code standards, and refactoring are all critical aspects to be included.
What is the path to becoming a Fullstack Ember/RoR developer?
While the role of a Fullstack Ember/RoR Engineer demands a high level of skill and expertise, anyone who shares a genuine passion for this field and can meet the aforementioned responsibilities is encouraged to apply for remote positions in this role.
Building the required skills to excel as a Fullstack Ember/RoR developer often necessitates enrolment in a college program. A computer science degree can prove to be highly beneficial, imparting a strong base and credentials that employers seek. However, individuals with poor academic records may encounter obstacles in getting accepted into a college that can help them obtain Fullstack Ember/RoR development positions.
Joining a boot camp program is a cost-effective and time-efficient avenue to gaining the skills necessary for pursuing a career as a Fullstack Ember/RoR Developer. These programs offer a comprehensive education in the appropriate programming languages and frameworks and can prove to be an alternative to pursuing a traditional three- or four-year degree. Moreover, these courses may further offer access to job placement services that can aid individuals in finding remote Fullstack Ember/RoR Developer positions.
Whichever path one may choose to follow to achieve success as a remote Fullstack Ember/RoR engineer, it’s certain that the future bodes well with a plethora of profitable employment opportunities. With the appropriate knowledge and experience, one can gain access to a fulfilling career that provides the conveniences of remote work.
Essential skills for becoming a Fullstack Ember/RoR engineer
Acquiring the technical skills and knowledge required is of utmost importance to secure a well-paying job as a Fullstack Ember/RoR Engineer. To gain a comprehensive insight into the competencies needed for such a role, let us examine the specific abilities deemed necessary for remote Fullstack Ember/RoR Developer positions.
HTML (Hypertext Markup Language)Do not be misled by its technical name; HTML is one of the simplest programming languages to comprehend. It is a coding language that directs the visual presentation of text on a website. HTML is predominantly employed in designing basic webpages made up of text only. However, considering its limited capabilities, HTML is incapable of generating the same outcomes as the other coding languages mentioned earlier. Thus, it is imperative for candidates aiming to apply for remote Fullstack Ember/RoR developer positions to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of HTML.
SaaS (Software as a Service)Software as a Service (SaaS) is a model for delivering software via the internet. It empowers users to access software without the requirement of downloading and upgrading to the latest version as updates are managed from the cloud. With SaaS, users can operate software with minimal upkeep of their device and software. The user interface is what end users interact with, providing a direct view of the services and functions offered.
GraphQL (Apollo)A seamless end-user experience is vital for any triumphant API, and this must be taken into consideration when initiating the development process. To tackle and overcome these issues, Facebook introduced GraphQL, which is now an increasingly popular tool among individuals and enterprises. If you intend to obtain remote Fullstack Ember/RoR developer employment, it is advisable to acquaint yourself with GraphQL.
Validation and Testing CapabilitiesBefore public release, web software must undergo regression testing. Without a competent Fullstack Ember/ROR developer to test the final product, all the effort put into it would be rendered useless. Consequently, organisations must confirm that their chosen Ruby developer is adept at executing complex commands and spotting any prospective issues. One of the most crucial competencies is the ability to ensure that the final product satisfies the required standards for widespread public use.
DjangoDjango is frequently employed in designing websites with a sleek and professional appearance. It offers a fundamental platform for content forms, administrative tools, user authentication, and many other functions, allowing full-stack Ember/RoR developers to produce potent, dynamic websites powered by a database. These features come pre-built into Django, reducing the need for developers to source them from external libraries, thereby simplifying the development process.
RubyUnderstanding the Ruby programming language and its integration in the Rails python framework is crucial when designing a website. This is because the code written in Ruby forms the groundwork for developing a sturdy website, thereby ensuring that the final outcome is of exceptional quality. Thus, having an in-depth understanding of Ruby is essential for coding excellence.
DatabasesHaving an extensive knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) is obligatory for anyone planning to pursue a career in web development. Knowing how to write SQL codes embedded in active Ruby on Rails entries is a valuable skill for all fullstack Ember/RoR engineers, as they must be capable of identifying and resolving any issues that may arise. Moreover, MySQL is a commonly used database engine that is certain to continue playing a crucial role in the future of web development.
Where can I find job opportunities for remote Fullstack Ember/RoR engineers?
To attain the best job opportunities as a remote Fullstack Ember/RoR engineer, it is crucial to acquire and maintain the requisite skills. Dedication to learning these skills is indispensable since the ever-changing technological landscape demands it. To outmatch your competitors and secure the most desirable positions, it is necessary to readily adapt to novel advancements. Ultimately, your efforts will play the most significant role in determining your success.
Partnering with Works could help you achieve your goal of becoming a Fullstack Ember/RoR Engineer by presenting exceptional remote Fullstack Ember/RoR Engineer opportunities. You can enhance your expertise by collaborating with other proficient engineers to tackle complex technical issues. In addition, you can become part of a worldwide community of eminent Fullstack Ember/RoR Engineers to access higher-paying remote Fullstack Ember/RoR Engineer positions that will propel your career forward.
- Develop complex end-to-end cross-platform applications.
- Oversee the complete development cycle that encompasses design, coding, testing, and networking.
- Collaborate with the team to design and build the application architecture.
- Combine server-side functionality with a RoR Ember.js web application.
- Ensure the continuous flow of data between the server and the users.
- Collaborate with software developers and product managers to effectively deliver complex products.
- Integrate, implement SCRUM methodology, comply with code standards, and restructure.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- A minimum of three years of experience in full-stack development is mandatory (with rare exceptions for highly skilled developers)
- Proficiency in the Ruby programming language and expertise with the Ember.js framework
- Exceptional understanding of standard Ruby libraries, such as RSpec and Resque
- Thorough understanding and expertise in both front-end and back-end architecture
- Demonstrated history of developing web applications on a large scale
- Experience in designing REST APIs and developing services
- Familiarity with version control systems, such as Git. Read this article on working knowledge of version control systems
- Proficiency in English is mandatory for effective communication
- Commit to full-time work (40 hours per week), including a four-hour overlap with US time zones
- Prior knowledge of Rails and MongoDB is essential
- Designing and developing complex components
- Advanced understanding of complex architectural issues
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Superior communication and organizational skills