Hire Full-stack iOS Engineers
A Full Stack Developer is an individual with expertise in both the server-side and client-side components of an application. They must possess a comprehensive range of coding skills, from databases to graphic design and UI/UX management, in order to successfully achieve their roles and responsibilities. Full Stack Developers have the ability to adapt to any situation and provide assistance wherever it is needed throughout the development process.
The entire team of iOS engineers is essential for producing a minimum viable product without any help. Their expertise in the whole range of iOS applications and components makes them invaluable in the iOS development sector. It is a highly sought-after ability among those in the industry, and those who possess it are considered highly valuable.
What are the responsibilities of Full Stack iOS engineers?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labour Statistics (BLS), web developer positions are expected to grow by 13 percent between 2018 and 2028, significantly faster than the average for all occupations. Additionally, LinkedIn’s 2020 Emerging Careers Report ranked full-stack engineer as the fourth top emerging career of 2020. Data from 2015 to present show that the number of full-stack iOS developer positions has increased by 35 percent annually. This rapid rate of technological advancement has made full-stack engineers a valuable resource for any organisation. The top industries that require this type of knowledge are computer software, IT and services, the Internet, financial services, and higher education.
Companies are increasingly seeking to hire Full Stack iOS engineers as a cost-saving measure due to the complexity of modern websites and technologies. As opposed to hiring multiple staff with a narrow range of specialties, a Full Stack iOS engineer is capable of performing a number of tasks and working on various topics. This allows a single individual to oversee and understand the entirety of a project, thus preventing the emergence of miscommunication and information isolation.
What are the duties and obligations of a Full Stack iOS engineer?
A Full Stack iOS Developer is responsible for designing, creating, testing, and improving applications for mobile devices running Apple’s iOS operating system. The developer must demonstrate an in-depth understanding of iOS and its capabilities, including how it interacts with different Apple devices such as the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. Additionally, they must be able to tailor applications to meet the specific needs and requirements of their organisation or customer.
Some of the duties and obligations that a Full Stack iOS developer must complete are as follows:
- Own the development, testing, and maintenance of native SDKs and Unity on a variety of mobile platforms, operating systems, and devices.
- Eager to learn new things, try new technology, and look for opportunity to develop and mentor.
- Provide thought leadership in mobile engineering on a regular basis, and leverage your excitement for technology to excite and inspire others.
- Give accurate work estimates and guarantee that features are delivered on time.
- Produce high-quality, comprehensible, and well-tested code.
- Use your judgement and skills to plan and execute targets on schedule.
- Take ownership of the components required to give features and results to internal stakeholders.
- In charge of creating and developing novel solutions to technology and commercial problems.
- Work with business stakeholders to deliver features on time and on budget.
- Encourage the usage of new technologies while continuing to improve and evolve our old codebase.
- Collaboration with team members is required to develop our best practices and procedures.
- Participate in code reviews, run automated tests, and help shape our technology strategy.
How can you become a Full Stack iOS developer?
In order to obtain a job as a Full Stack iOS developer, it is essential to have proficiency in several hard skills, such as concept formation, market analysis, design fundamentals, and, most importantly, coding. Additionally, one should be well-versed in user testing, compliance requirements, as well as the process for submitting an application to the App Store. While these skills may be easy to learn, they require dedication and hard work to master. Moreover, the most successful Full Stack iOS developers are those who are able to combine their technical knowledge with a variety of soft skills. These abilities take a bit longer to cultivate, but they are highly sought after across a number of industries. Here is a six-stage process to help you secure a job as a Full Stack iOS developer:
- Learn the basics of iOS programming.
- Enrol in a training program for iOS developers.
- Learn the fundamental programming languages.
- Create your own project to hone your iOS programming abilities.
- Improve your soft skills
- Make an iOS programming portfolio to show at employment.
Qualifications for a Full Stack iOS Engineer
The initial step to achieving success with remote Full Stack iOS jobs is to gain a thorough understanding of the necessary skills. To get started, it is essential to become knowledgeable about the fundamentals that will enable you to excel in this field. Let us take a moment to go through all the information you will need to know in order to get the most out of this opportunity.
Swift 3.0 programming language.Apple’s Swift 3.0 programming language is the internationally acclaimed and widely utilised language for iOS mobile app development. Having an understanding of Swift 3.0 should be as instinctive as a batsman’s ability to catch a ball. The fundamental components that should be familiar to all users include syntax, interoperability with Objective-C, classes, inheritance, initialisation, and switch expressions.
The Xcode IDE from AppleHaving a solid understanding of the Apple Xcode IDE is a crucial component of any iOS developer’s skill set. Xcode is an incredible platform for creating unique apps that provide users with an amazing experience. It is the primary development environment for constructing applications for all Apple products, such as the iPad, Apple TV, iPhone, and Mac. These applications can be built using the Cocoa Touch frameworks, and developers are often encouraged to take advantage of Apple-specific services, such as Passbook and Game Changer. Therefore, becoming familiar with the Xcode IDE is an essential part of iOS development.
Geographical reasoningHaving a strong sense of spatial thinking is essential when creating an app. It is essential to consider the user experience while designing the app. To provide an optimal experience to the target audience, it is important to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions. When developing an app, it is important to think logically in terms of the user and develop an interface and functions that make it easier for the user to access the website. As a developer, it is your responsibility to make the app relevant and useful to the users.
Design principlesApple customers are drawn to their cellphones due to their unique design and features, making them highly sought-after items. When it comes to developing iOS applications, there are specific guidelines to adhere to in order to create remarkable, successful apps. Learning how to develop iOS apps while following Apple’s design principles is an important skill to be acquired during training with an iOS app development company. Once this has been mastered, the potential for creating amazing apps is limitless.
Experience in UI and UX designThe success of a mobile application relies heavily on its User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) design. UI design is primarily concerned with the visual aspects of an app such as its layout, typography, and colour palette, while UX design focuses more on the navigational structure, flow, and functionality of an app. Utilising UI/UX design in the development of a mobile app can result in an improved overall look and feel, and potentially a greater user engagement. As such, a Full Stack iOS job remote requires a comprehensive understanding of design fundamentals and the capacity to create an attractive UI/UX design for a mobile app.
Apple’s user interface standardsAs a Full Stack iOS Developer, it is essential to be knowledgeable of Apple’s Guidelines. This will be the most beneficial skill to acquire when seeking out a remote job. Not only will Apple’s Guidelines assist in your learning process, but they can also be beneficial in creating effective applications that have a great user experience, attractive visuals, and maximum impact. Following these suggestions will greatly enhance the development of your applications.
Primary dataCore Data is an invaluable tool for creating a seamless user experience, as it eliminates the need for users to constantly restart their software in order to access stored data. By storing data on Apple devices, Core Data eliminates the frustration of having to repetitively restart software, allowing users to enjoy a smoother and more efficient user experience.
Where can I find remote Full Stack iOS Engineer jobs?
Athletes and developers have many things in common when it comes to achieving success. To reach their goals, it is essential for them to practice regularly and diligently in order to improve their skills. To ensure that this growth is continuous and steady, it is important for developers to focus on two key elements – obtaining guidance from somebody who is more knowledgeable and experienced, and applying effective practice techniques. Furthermore, it is important to ensure that the right amount of practice is undertaken, and that signs of burnout are recognised and dealt with accordingly.
At Works, we strive to provide our clients with the best remote Full Stack iOS engineer jobs that are customised to their individual professional goals. Working on intricate technical and commercial challenges with up-to-date technology provides an opportunity for accelerated development. Join our network of the finest developers globally and explore full-time, long-term remote Full Stack iOS engineer jobs that offer attractive remuneration and promotion possibilities.
Responsibilities at work
- Create the front-end and back-end components of iOS apps.
- Create new apps and update existing ones.
- Ensure application quality, performance, and dependability.
- To enhance performance, analyse and resolve application bottlenecks.
- Implement innovative technology to increase the efficiency of app development.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and create new features.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science is required (or equivalent experience)
- At least three years of experience as a full-stack iOS engineer is required (rare exceptions for highly skilled developers)
- Swift and Objective-C programming skills are required.
- Knowledge of relational databases such as SQL, MySQL, and others.
- Understanding of AWS, Azure, and other cloud services.
- Implementation of RESTful APIs and service deployment expertise
- Comprehensive knowledge of networking and Apple’s design concepts
- English fluency is required for collaboration with engineering management.
- Work full-time (40 hours a week) with a 4-hour time difference with US time zones.
- Knowledge of Swift frameworks such as Core Animation, Core Data, Core, and so on.
- Strong understanding of computer science concepts such as data structures and algorithms, computability, and so on.
- Understanding the lifecycle of mobile application development
- Understanding of the most recent iOS application development trends, structures, and upcoming technologies