Engage Full-stack WordPress Developers
Developed by Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little in 2003, WordPress is an open-source content management system that has become a go-to option for millions of individuals, businesses, and corporations globally, available in over 70 translated versions. With WordPress, developers can create adaptable and robust websites of various enterprises, eCommerce stores, and online publications, and users can easily update the content without the need for technical assistance. Its scalability feature provides users with flexibility, ensuring that their websites are up-to-date with the latest trends. The platform has gained immense popularity due to its straightforward interface and design, making it an excellent choice for many users. Additionally, WordPress programming presents a lucrative career opportunity due to its global appeal.
What are the opportunities for lead development in full-stack WordPress?
WordPress offers an open-source platform for blogging and content management that includes a plethora of additional features and functions, such as creating multi-vendor marketplace websites, eCommerce websites, ERP systems, website analytic tools, SEO solutions, and many more add-ons, themes, and fundamental features, providing numerous job opportunities for programmers and web developers. As WordPress gains more attention as an open-source content management system, more developers have access to the resources necessary to create content for the platform. Due to the platform’s potential for growth across various industries, businesses are investing their time and resources in producing content for WordPress. Moreover, full-stack WordPress developers are eager to expand their skill sets and keep up with the latest advancements.
What are the roles and responsibilities of a Lead Full-Stack WordPress developer?
Our experienced full-stack WordPress developers specialize in developing both front-end and back-end of websites, delivering an engaging and user-friendly experience that caters to the customers’ design and functionality requirements. The end-result is a high-quality website that meets the customer’s expectations.
- Developing a successful design to create a responsive and efficient theme, plugin, or application.
- Developing and incorporating new WordPress features and functionalities.
- Being responsible for maintaining high-performance and accessibility levels of the CMS.
- Developing and managing the website’s back-end, which includes integrating a server and database.
- Conducting UI and performance tests on websites or applications.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of live webpages and applications.
- Identifying and resolving any content-related issues promptly.
- WordPress platform allows the creation of both websites and applications.
What is the training path of becoming a Lead Full Stack WordPress Developer?
The traditional path to succeed in a career as a developer involves obtaining a degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field. A bachelor’s degree equips you with the practical knowledge and skills necessary to achieve professional success and lays a strong foundation for your future career growth. To become a Lead Full Stack WordPress Developer, a bachelor’s degree is the first step. To excel in this role, you must possess technical expertise as well as the supporting skills essential for the job.
Prerequisites for working as a Lead Full Stack WordPress Developer
To apply for the position of Remote Full Stack WordPress Lead Developer, you must possess an extensive knowledge of the relevant technologies. To be considered for this role, you should have a thorough understanding and familiarity with the following technologies:
PHPPHP is one of the widely used general-purpose programming languages for creating websites. Initially designed as a tool to embed HTML documents, it has now transformed into a versatile and robust language for developing dynamic content. The most common application of PHP is in building complex websites that are database-driven. Developers now prioritize security in new PHP versions to ensure that they have the best tools necessary for creating new web projects.
CSS and HTMLComprehensive knowledge of HTML (HyperText Markup Language) and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) is crucial for web developers. HTML is the primary language used to create webpages, and it determines the functionality and content of a website. CSS is responsible for specifying how the website’s content should be presented. As a result, candidates aspiring to become full-stack WordPress lead developers must exhibit proficiency in both HTML and CSS.
Bitbucket and GithubUsing productivity tools such as Github and Bitbucket has become essential for developers to enhance their work efficiency. Github is the largest software repository in the world, used by millions of developers and enterprises. It is utilized for creating, managing, and distributing software, while also safeguarding against any progress loss. On the other hand, Bitbucket is not just a repository for Git code, but includes code review for ensuring high-quality software development. Thus, having a comprehensive understanding of Github and Bitbucket is crucial for any candidate aspiring to work in the role of full-stack WordPress Lead Developer.
DjangoDjango is an open-source Python web framework used for developing database-driven websites. Full-stack WordPress developers frequently utilize this framework to build secure, minimalist aesthetic websites. Django offers a simplified development process as it comes with an inclusive set of functionalities packaged together, instead of separate libraries.
BootstrapWhile not mandatory, experienced Full Stack WordPress Lead Developers often possess hands-on experience with popular CSS frameworks like Bootstrap and W3.css. Many highly visited websites incorporate several of Bootstrap’s features, such as Navigation Bar, Breadcrumbs, Forms, Modals, and Carousel. By using an established framework like Bootstrap, developers can expedite the website creation process by eliminating the need to replicate coding. An alternative to Bootstrap is the W3.css framework, which can also be utilized.
What are the options for finding remote Full Stack WordPress Lead Developer job opportunities?
Remote working can be a lucrative career option and presents numerous opportunities to those who possess the required technical skills and have a structured work routine. To attract potential employers interested in hiring remote Full Stack WordPress Lead Developers, it is essential to stay updated with the latest industry trends and maintain technical expertise. Additionally, having a reliable work routine demonstrates that you can deliver results.
As an individual possessing relevant skills and experience, it shouldn’t be difficult to secure a remote Full Stack WordPress Lead Developer job. All that is needed is a laptop and internet access to kick-start the job search. At Works, we offer developers the flexibility of working from home, helping them achieve their desired career path. Upon joining our platform, you can quickly find a suitable position to progress your career while concurrently learning and growing within the developer community.
Overview of Job Responsibilities
- Develop customized WordPress backends to cater to bespoke website creation.
- Collaborate with the design and UX teams to create responsive and dynamic websites.
- Integrate with third-party APIs such as Google Maps and Salesforce.
- Coordinate with account managers to generate estimates and ensure timely completion of deliverables within the allocated budget.
- Contribute insightful feedback and generate innovative ideas during pitch sessions.
- Manage technical correspondence with account managers and other key stakeholders.
- Collaborate on the maintenance and enhancement of internal projects, including the development and deployment tools.
- Guarantee precise and efficient workflow, which is standardized and implemented consistently.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or work experience equivalent)
- A minimum of 3 years of WordPress development experience.
- Demonstrated success in developing user interfaces for WordPress websites.
- Experience in designing and developing responsive websites is essential.
- Proficiency in using React, Angular, or Vue JS to develop WordPress websites and plugins, as seen on our page for WooCommerce Developers.
- Previous experience with debugging tools, such as Firebug, Chrome Inspector, and other similar tools.
- Thorough understanding of the implications of CSS changes and their effects.
- Working with RESTful APIs and various formats, including JSON, XML, and others.
- Proficiency in using code versioning systems, namely Git, SVN, or Mercurial, is necessary.
- Thorough understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Fluency in English is essential for effective communication with engineering management and clients.
- Be available for full-time work (40 hours per week) with at least a 4-hour overlap during US time zones.
- Familiarity with PHP back-end programming and the Laravel Framework, as discussed in our blog post on the two popular PHP frameworks – CakePHP and Laravel.
- Experience working with a range of CMSs, including Shopify, Magento, Drupal, and other similar platforms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to independently manage projects and present/ report on progress is necessary.