Hire Golang Developers
With the rise of modern technology and the ever-evolving demands of the software industry, the use of Golang has been gaining increasing popularity as an alternative to Python. This section aims to provide a comprehensive overview of Golang, the benefits of using it, and the steps to become a proficient Golang developer. Golang is a statically typed, compiled programming language created by Google. Its syntax is simple and easy to learn, making it a great choice for web and mobile application development. Its concurrency model enables it to run complex tasks efficiently, making it a preferred choice for cloud-based applications. Golang also offers a wide range of standard libraries, which allow developers to rapidly develop applications with minimal effort. To become a proficient Golang developer, it is important to understand the language’s syntax, semantics, and paradigms. Additionally, a good understanding of the standard library and other external libraries is also essential. It is also recommended to use an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) to assist with debugging and troubleshooting. In conclusion, Golang is rapidly emerging as one of the most preferred programming languages for web and mobile development. Its simple syntax and efficient concurrency model make it a great choice for developers, and with the right knowledge and skills, developers can easily secure a job as a Golang developer.
In recent years, Google’s Golang programming language has become increasingly popular amongst developers due to its wide range of built-in functions and other benefits. Launched in 2009, Golang has seen a steady rise in its rankings among programming languages, and as of 2019 it is one of the top choices for developers looking to begin a project. In particular, there is currently higher demand for Golang developers in remote employment compared to Python engineers.
Due to its numerous advantages, Golang is expected to be the language of choice for software development in the years to come. Customers are migrating from Python to Go and it has rapidly become the language of preference for developers. As such, it is likely that Golang will remain the go-to language for software development in 2022 and beyond.
What does Golang development entail?
Go is one of the newest offerings to the modern programming language landscape. Boasting an open-source model, it claims to make the development of simple, reliable and effective applications a breeze. Not only that, developers can take advantage of its powerful and efficient language to create concise, uncomplicated and secure software. With Go / Golang as a modern programming language, developers are able to build cross-platform and multi-faceted projects with minimal effort. Furthermore, thanks to its easy-to-write and test nature, the need for remote Go developers is on the rise.
Golang usage in the workplace and business environment is on the rise, with 76% of respondents indicating that they use it in their professional settings. Additionally, 66% of participants believe that its usage is essential to their company’s success. This is further supported by the high level of satisfaction among those surveyed, with 92% expressing their approval. The overall trend of this data suggests that the demand for Golang roles in the digital industry is at an all-time high.
What are the duties and obligations of a Golang developer?
The remote employment of a Golang developer is frequently dependent on the type of project, required updates, or the direction of management. As a Golang developer, they are primarily accountable for developing and sustaining a dependable operating environment with an uptime of 99.99%, as well as providing quality, timely, cost-effective, and reliable technical services to ensure the best possible experience for customers.
Essentially, the tasks and responsibilities of a Golang developer fall under these areas.
- Despite being testing and development professionals, many Golang developer positions require creating innovative solutions without a pre-defined plan. As a part of the larger team, Golang developers are expected to contribute significantly to the development of viable solutions. Additionally, for remote Golang developers, the solutions must be able to function across multiple platforms. It is essential for the success of the project that these developers are able to consistently create reliable solutions that work across multiple platforms.
- As a Golang Developer, it is my responsibility to utilise necessary tools to develop efficient, scalable, and modular software applications. My job involves creating and constructing back-end components and connecting applications to other web services.
- The primary goal of a Golang job is to create efficient code throughout the software architecture. As many Golang developer positions require them to collaborate with other developers, they are typically tasked with developing specific software solutions or components of a single product. Therefore, it is essential for Golang developers with remote employment to understand the deployment process, as this is a critical part of their professional responsibilities.
- As a Golang developer, it is essential to ensure that all products issued are free from defects and errors. To ensure this, it is necessary to test, update and patch regularly. Furthermore, you must also examine any mistakes or faults in the product in order to develop, implement and test the code. Regular testing of the code you write is an essential part of Golang development jobs.
How do you get started as a Golang developer?
In order to become a proficient Golang developer, it is essential to invest a great deal of effort, focus, and time into the process. One of the most obvious paths to gain a Golang development education is to take college-level classes. While a computer science degree or certificate is not a necessity to work in the Golang development field, many college graduates who develop in Golang tend to come from computer science programs. If you are already knowledgeable in Go/Golang and its associated technologies, it is not difficult to find a remote Golang developer job. To further enhance your skills, it is recommended to select a software solution to practice and apply it to various coding assignments and jobs on a regular basis.
Gaining hands-on experience in applying technical skills through coding in real-life projects and assignments is a great way to hone one’s abilities while simultaneously learning new concepts. This is a crucial step in compiling a comprehensive portfolio and resume as a Golang developer to present to potential employers.
Let’s have a look at the abilities and methodologies you’ll need to learn to be a good Golang developer:
Qualifications for becoming a Golang developer
In order to be successful in securing a high-paying remote role in Golang development, it is essential to have a comprehensive understanding of the necessary skills and competencies. To start, it is important to study and gain an understanding of the fundamental skills that are required for a Golang developer job. This may include topics such as understanding the Golang programming language, its syntax, and how to use it to develop efficient and secure applications. Additionally, having knowledge of related technologies such as web frameworks, databases, and other programming languages can be beneficial. It is important to take the time to research and become familiar with these topics in order to be a competitive candidate for a position in Golang development.
Visit librariesUsing popular Go libraries such as Go Kit, GORM, Gen, and CLI can make working with Go much easier. Each of these libraries have their own unique features, so it is important to consider your project goals and choose a library that is best suited to your needs. Doing so will ensure that your work is as efficient and effective as possible.
Handling ErrorsError management is an essential factor in crafting robust, reliable, and maintainable software programs. Writing code with an emphasis on anticipating unforeseen circumstances can help ensure that the code is up to the task, particularly when writing libraries or packages for other users. Error handling is a crucial component for creating strong, reliable, and trustworthy code that others can depend on.
Software program testingSoftware testing is an essential part of a software developer‘s job. It provides the assurance that a program will run properly and that any code changes won’t cause errors or unexpected behaviour. Additionally, software testing allows developers to determine the desired functionality of the software. By running tests, software developers can have confidence that their programs will operate as expected.
JSONThe JSON file is an essential component of Golang programming, as it is responsible for organising and storing package data and dependencies. This data can be accessed whenever necessary, making it invaluable for developers who are creating remote tasks in Golang. Furthermore, the JSON file offers a convenient way to keep track of the project’s scripts. In summary, the JSON file offers an efficient method for managing the data and dependencies required for a Golang project.
DatabasesAs a developer, it is essential to have a thorough understanding of working with databases. This includes familiarity with record storage, creation, insertion, updating, and removal. To develop applications and/or programs effectively, proficiency in using relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL is a must. In addition, knowledge of log frames, with Zap being the most significant for Go, is also beneficial.
Functional evaluationFunctional testing, also known as end-to-end testing and outside-in testing, is an important process that ensures that a program behaves as expected by the end user. This type of testing evaluates the program from the external perspective, without considering the internal details of the software code. Through functional testing, organisations can verify that their product meets the original requirements and operates as intended.
Integrity checksIn general, integration testing is the process of verifying how different components of an application interact with each other. This type of testing is important because it allows developers to ensure that the components of their application are working together as expected. Unit testing, on the other hand, is focused on testing the smallest, most isolated pieces of a program. Unit testing is useful for verifying that individual components of an application are functioning correctly. Both integration testing and unit testing are essential for developing robust, reliable applications.
Unit testingFor those new to developing in Go, unit testing is of paramount importance. The Go standard library includes a testing package, though given Go’s minimalistic nature, additional tools may be desired for a more comprehensive testing experience. Two of the more popular frameworks for this purpose are Ginkgo and GoCheck. Ginkgo, in particular, is particularly useful for both behavioural and integration testing.
Command-line programming (CLI)Command-line programs (sometimes referred to as command-line utilities or tools) are software applications that can be run directly from a terminal window. With the help of the Go programming language, it is possible to learn how to write a command-line application and parse parameters as well as create subcommands. Prior to the development of graphical user interfaces (GUIs), it was common practice to interact with computers through the command line. Even today, command-line tools remain a popular option for programmers and system administrators to interface with their operating system.
How can I find remote Golang developer jobs?
Due to the unique infrastructure of Golang, engineers with specialised knowledge of the language are highly sought after in the IT industry. They can provide companies with a range of services thanks to Go’s dynamic qualities. To reach this level of proficiency in software development, however, requires a significant amount of hard work and dedication. Successful developers must focus on two primary areas to reach this level of expertise: obtaining guidance and assistance from experienced professionals, and honing their own skills through practice. Understanding the importance of practice is a key factor in achieving success as a Golang engineer, and it is essential to have a team of experienced professionals who can assist and provide guidance when facing difficult programming obstacles.
At Work, we connect talented developers with the best remote Golang jobs available. Take your engineering career to the next level by tackling challenging technical and commercial problems with the latest technologies. Be part of a global network of experienced developers and find exciting full-time Golang job opportunities with better salaries and room for advancement.
Responsibilities at work
- Write code that is scalable, resilient, efficient, testable, and easy to maintain.
- Convert user needs into reliable, high-performance software.
- Design and manage a distributed architecture in collaboration with developers.
- Create back-end components and connect apps to other web services.
- Contribute to the delivery of comprehensive and constructive design and code reviews.
- Computer Science Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years’ experience as a Golang developer (exceptions made based on skill level)
- Expertise in the Go programming language and its paradigms
- Excellent knowledge of popular Goroutine and channel patterns
- Working knowledge of dependency management and code generating tools
- Knowledge of major Go web frameworks such as Revel and router packages
- English fluency is required for collaboration with engineering management.
- The capacity to work full-time (40 hours per week) with a four-hour overlap with United States time zones.
- Working knowledge of SQL/NoSQL databases
- Understanding of CI/CD and containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and others.
- Basic knowledge of AWS/GCP
- Knowledge of code versioning technologies such as Git
- Excellent team player with excellent communication skills