Hire iOS App Development Developers
iOS, also known as iPhone OS, is a mobile operating system created for exclusive use on Apple devices. Apple Inc. is the only producer of this operating system that runs on their devices like iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and other mobile gadgets. iOS is the second most popular operating system after Android. It was originally introduced in 2007 for the first iPhone and has since been updated to work with subsequent iPhone models as well as other Apple products. As of March 2018, the App Store for iOS has more than 2.1 million applications available.
Based on Mac OS X, Apple’s iOS is a UNIX-like operating system that uses four different abstraction layers.
- The core OS layer is the fundamental component of any operating system, providing the essential framework for communication and protection against potential threats posed by malicious hardware.
- The Core Service Layer’s primary function is to provide the required services to the upper levels of the system.
- The media layer plays a crucial role in enabling the transportation of audio, video, and other visual content.
- The Cocoa Touch layer hosts the frameworks required for iOS app development and is frequently used during application development.
iOS Programming for Apple Devices
In simple terms, iOS app development involves creating mobile applications for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPod devices. The programming languages primarily used for developing these applications are Objective-C or Swift, which are then uploaded to the app store for downloading by end users. To develop these apps, it is essential to hire an experienced iOS app developer.
Requirements for iOS App Developers
To initiate the development of an iOS app, the developer must possess the following:
- A new Apple Mac featuring the latest version of macOS is required.
- Apple’s Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for macOS, Xcode, can be obtained from the Mac App Store.
- The developer must have an active developer account which can be purchased for $99.
The Xcode integrated development environment (IDE) is exclusively supported by Apple’s macOS. To distribute software via their App Store, you must enroll in Apple’s Developer Program. The applications require Xcode’s signature to be published to the App Store. Xcode provides a full suite of tools such as code editors, testing engines, UI designers, asset stores, and more to streamline the development of iOS apps.
Programming Language for iOS App Development
Two programming languages are currently available for iOS app development:
Objective-C: Apple has long relied on the use of Objective-C, an object-oriented programming language that facilitates communication among several threads.
Swift: Swift, on the other hand, is the go-to language for creating iOS applications. Swift places a greater emphasis on security and features a more straightforward syntax than other programming languages. Additionally, it has a lower learning curve than Objective-C and is generally considered to be both safer and more efficient to work with.
Role and Responsibilities of an iOS Developer
The iOS app developer must develop the core functionality of the app, maintain and enhance its code, troubleshoot any issues that arise, add support for new features, and more. Developers creating iOS apps should have a solid understanding of the platform’s best practices and conventions.
The responsibilities of an iOS developer are:
- Design software that is custom-built for Apple’s iOS system.
- Ensure that the software is dependable, swift, and responsive as per program requirements.
- Identifying and resolving issues and performance lapses.
- Ensure that the code quality and modularisation of the application are error-free.
- Implementing updates to the application you have developed.
- Publish the application to the app store so that it can be accessed by all users.
- Set goals and devise plans based on your expertise and discretion, and communicate your plans at the appropriate time.
- Encourage everyone on your team to participate in the process of enhancing the methods and procedures.
- Expeditiously adopt state-of-the-art technology.
- Formulate a technical roadmap, create an automated testing program, and participate in code reviews.
- Develop advanced software applications that can operate on various platforms beyond iOS.
- Analyse and improve both the backend and frontend while emphasising on efficiency, dependability, simplicity, and performance.
- Join forces with the product team to strategize and carry out the development of multiple features and modular building blocks.
- Collaborate with the team to devise technical designs, offer suggestions and perform code and design evaluations.
Required: Hard Skills
- Expertise in the Swift programming language.
- The Apple Xcode integrated development environment.
- Standards for Artistic Expression.
- Cognitive Skills Associated with Spatial Thinking.
- Familiarity with user interface and user experience (UI/UX) design.
- Guidelines for Apple’s user interfaces.
- Basic Information.
- Capability to rapidly build functional prototypes of a product.
- Developing native iOS apps for use with Works’ proprietary services and products.
- Proficient in Swift or Objective-C, Cocoa Touch development.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher in IT/Computer Science from a reputable institution.
- Thorough knowledge of Native Frameworks for data persistence, concurrency management, background tasks, etc.
- Proficiency in iOS frameworks like Core Animation, Core Data, etc. is mandatory.
- Demonstrated aptitude in offline data storage, threading, and performance optimization.
- Mastery of web design principles, encompassing user interface and user experience.
- Knowledge of Apple’s interface guidelines and design principles.
- Proficiency in lower-level C libraries is an added advantage.
- Should be at ease working with Rest APIs for integrating iOS apps with backend services.
- Aptitude to enhance memory and performance by utilizing available software.
- Understanding of cloud messaging APIs and push notifications is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in code versioning and continuous integration is mandatory (Mercurial, Git, and SVN).
- Aspirants in this role must be passionate about mobile app development ecosystems like Cordova, React Native, and Flutter.
iOS app development training
Obtaining certification in iOS app development is indispensable if you aim to augment the field to your curriculum vitae. The capacity to write across various platforms (macOS, watchOS, iOS, tvOS, etc.) and overall familiarity with each of them are imperative for thriving as an iOS app developer. Coding proficiency is a prerequisite if you desire to venture into the iOS app development domain. To establish a reputation in the fiercely competitive field of iOS app development, you have to start learning from the ground up.
The demand for developers is surging, so if you plan to make a career out of it, it’s advisable to lay some groundwork in advance. Working in iOS app development can lead in several different directions.
Advantages of getting certified
Acquiring a certification could be a stride towards an uplifting in your IT profession and unlock new horizons. The set of proficiencies requisite for iOS development might differ for you contingent on your present level of expertise. There is a link between possessing a certification in iOS app development and better salary offerings.
With Works services, companies can find and engage proficient iOS app developers who can fulfil their specific requirements.
- Developing apps for the iOS (iPhone OS) platform.
- Knowing either Swift or Objective-C is mandatory to create apps for iOS devices.
- The ultimate outcome of the software development process is uploaded to the app store.
- An Apple iOS platform developer necessitates access to a Mac, the Xcode integrated development environment (IDE), and an Apple developer account.
- iOS development relies on native APIs and libraries that are user-friendly and loaded with advantageous features.