Hire iOS Engineers
A Full Stack Developer is an individual responsible for developing and maintaining both the back end and front end of an application. They must possess comprehensive knowledge across a range of coding and development skills, such as databases, graphic design and user experience management, in order to deliver optimal results. As a ‘jack of all trades’, they are ready and available to assist in any area as and when needed throughout the development process.
The entire team of iOS engineers is invaluable due to their versatility in developing a minimum viable product independently. Furthermore, they can provide insight into the entire iOS application, making contributions to all of its components. This is a highly sought-after skill in the iOS development industry, and many strive to attain it.
What are the responsibilities of Full Stack iOS engineers?
According to the latest data from the Bureau of Labour Statistics, the employment of web developers is expected to experience a 13% growth between 2018 and 2028, which is significantly greater than the average projected growth rate for other professions. LinkedIn’s 2020 Emerging Careers Report has identified full-stack engineering as one of the top emerging careers of 2020. Moreover, the demand for full-stack iOS developers has seen a remarkable 35% annual increase since 2015, as organisations seek the expertise of full-stack engineers to remain competitive in the rapidly advancing technological landscape. The industries that are most actively looking for full-stack developers include computer software, IT and services, the Internet, financial services, and higher education.
Companies are increasingly looking to hire Full Stack iOS engineers due to the complexities of modern web development and the need to manage projects more efficiently. By hiring one person to be responsible for all aspects of a project, companies can save money while avoiding miscommunication and the potential for information to be lost between different departments. Full Stack iOS engineers are experienced in working with a variety of different technologies and websites, as well as more intricate stacks than ever before. This enables them to take on multiple tasks, ensuring that the project is managed and understood by one person.
What are the duties and obligations of a Full Stack iOS engineer?
A Full Stack iOS Remote Job requires a professional with extensive knowledge and experience in developing, testing, and improving applications for Apple’s iOS operating system that are tailored to the objectives and needs of the organisation or customer. This individual must possess a comprehensive understanding of iOS and its compatibility with various Apple devices such as the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV, as well as the ability to customise applications to meet the specific demands of the organisation or consumer.
Some of the duties and obligations that a Full Stack iOS developer must complete are as follows:
- Own the development, testing, and maintenance of native SDKs and Unity on a variety of mobile platforms, operating systems, and devices.
- Eager to learn new things, try new technology, and look for opportunity to develop and mentor.
- Provide thought leadership in mobile engineering on a regular basis, and leverage your excitement for technology to excite and inspire others.
- Give accurate work estimates and guarantee that features are delivered on time.
- Produce high-quality, comprehensible, and well-tested code.
- Use your judgement and skills to plan and execute targets on schedule.
- Take ownership of the components required to give features and results to internal stakeholders.
- In charge of creating and developing novel solutions to technology and commercial problems.
- Work with business stakeholders to deliver features on time and on budget.
- Encourage the usage of new technologies while continuing to improve and evolve our old codebase.
- Collaboration with team members is required to develop our best practices and procedures.
- Participate in code reviews, run automated tests, and help shape our technology strategy.
How can you become a Full Stack iOS developer?
In order to become a successful Full Stack iOS developer, it is essential to be proficient in a variety of hard skills, such as conceptualization, market research, basic design, and, most importantly, coding. Additionally, knowledge of user testing, compliance, and App Store submission is very beneficial. Despite the fact that these skills may be relatively easy to learn, they require significant dedication and effort to master. Moreover, the ideal Full Stack iOS developer possesses both technical skills as well as a diverse set of soft skills. The latter may take longer to develop, but can be beneficial for employment in a variety of fields. To help guide you on your journey, here are the six stages to becoming a Full Stack iOS developer:
- Learn the basics of iOS programming.
- Enrol in a training program for iOS developers.
- Learn the fundamental programming languages.
- Create your own project to hone your iOS programming abilities.
- Improve your soft skills
- Make an iOS programming portfolio to show at employment.
Qualifications for a Full Stack iOS Engineer
The first step in obtaining lucrative remote employment as a Full Stack iOS developer is to acquire the foundational skills necessary for success. Therefore, it is important to understand what is required to gain the necessary knowledge and experience. Let us explore the necessary components that need to be mastered in order to become a successful Full Stack iOS developer.
Swift 3.0 programming languageApple’s Swift 3.0 programming language has established itself as the world’s most popular programming language for iOS mobile app development. It should be intuitive and natural to you, much like a batsman catching a ball. The following core functionalities should be familiar to you: syntax, interoperability with Objective-C, classes, inheritance, initialisation, and switch expressions.
The Xcode IDE from AppleThe Apple Xcode Integrated Development Environment (IDE) is an essential component of any iOS developer’s skill set. Xcode provides a powerful and versatile platform for developing unique applications which offer an exceptional user experience. Xcode is the first choice for creating applications that run on Apple products such as iPad, TV, iPhone, and Mac. The Cocoa Touch frameworks are often used alongside Xcode and provide developers with the opportunity to leverage Apple services such as Passbook and Game Centre. Acquaintance with the Xcode IDE is a prerequisite for any aspiring iOS developer.
Geographical reasoningOne of the most essential qualities required during the app development process is the ability to think spatially. When designing an app, it is important to consider the user and how exactly they intend to use the app. To ensure your target audience has an exceptional user experience, it is important to think innovatively and outside of the box. Utilising a logical approach to the design of the user interface and implementing more convenient features will make the user’s access to the app much easier. As a developer, it is your responsibility to create an app that is both relevant and beneficial to the user.
Design principlesApple devices are renowned for their unique design, inspiring customers to invest in their products. When developing applications for iOS, it is essential to abide by precise guidelines and learn to create remarkable apps that meet Apple’s design principles. This requires dedicated training from an experienced iOS app development company. Upon mastering the skill, amazing results can be achieved.
Experience in UI and UX designIt is essential to understand that UI and UX are the core elements of app design, although their functions may differ. UI stands for user interface, which is related to the visual appearance of the app, while UX is short for user experience, which indicates how the app is navigated and utilised. When UI/UX design is used efficiently in the development of a mobile application, it can lead to a remarkable shift in the overall look of the app, which in turn encourages more users to engage with the app. Therefore, those who are seeking a Full Stack iOS job remotely must possess a solid comprehension of design concepts, as well as the capability to create an attractive UI/UX design for any mobile application they design and build.
Apple’s user interface standardsAs a Full Stack iOS developer, it is essential that you are familiar with the Apple Guidelines. This knowledge will be beneficial in helping you to obtain the best remote job. Additionally, the guidelines will serve as a guide for your learning process. Following the guidelines will enable you to create applications that have maximum impact, great design, and an outstanding user experience.
Primary dataCore Data is an incredibly useful tool for creating a smooth user experience. By storing data on Apple devices, it removes the need for users to restart the software each time they use it, eliminating any frustration associated with this process.
Where can I find remote Full Stack iOS Engineer jobs?
Athletes and developers share many similar characteristics. To succeed in their respective areas, it is important for individuals to practice frequently and effectively. To grow and develop their skills, it is critical for developers to focus on two key elements: having someone more experienced to assist and guide them in their practice and understanding the importance of knowing when to practice to avoid burnout. It is beneficial to have a mentor who can provide support and encouragement while monitoring the individual’s progress and ensuring they do not become overwhelmed.
At Works, we provide the best opportunities for Full Stack iOS engineers to grow professionally in a remote environment. Our challenging projects utilise the latest technology, allowing developers to sharpen their skills and further their career. With our vast network of talented engineers, you can find long-term, full-time remote Full Stack iOS engineer jobs that offer higher salaries and more promotion opportunities. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to join the world’s best developers and embark on an exciting new career path.
Responsibilities at work
- Create the front-end and back-end components of iOS apps.
- Create new apps and update existing ones.
- Ensure application quality, performance, and dependability.
- To enhance performance, analyse and resolve application bottlenecks.
- Implement innovative technology to increase the efficiency of app development.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and create new features.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science is required (or equivalent experience)
- At least three years of experience as a full-stack iOS engineer is required (rare exceptions for highly skilled developers)
- Swift and Objective-C programming skills are required.
- Knowledge of relational databases such as SQL, MySQL, and others.
- Understanding of AWS, Azure, and other cloud services.
- Implementation of RESTful APIs and service deployment expertise
- Comprehensive knowledge of networking and Apple’s design concepts
- English fluency is required for collaboration with engineering management.
- Work full-time (40 hours a week) with a 4-hour time difference with US time zones.
- Knowledge of Swift frameworks such as Core Animation, Core Data, Core, and so on.
- Strong understanding of computer science concepts such as data structures and algorithms, computability, and so on.
- Understanding the lifecycle of mobile application development
- Understanding of the most recent iOS application development trends, structures, and upcoming technologies