Engage iOS Swift and ObjC Developers
Swift is a programming language that is compatible with various Apple operating systems such as OS X, iPad OS, iPhone OS, Apple TV OS, and Apple Watch OS. It is a fast, secure, and enjoyable language to work with, which leverages modern linguistic research, Apple’s engineering expertise, and input from its active open-source community. The compiler and the language itself have been optimized, making the process of developing apps in Swift a breeze.
Even if you have no prior programming knowledge, you can quickly learn Swift. It is a high-quality programming language that is accessible for beginners and can be utilized as a scripting language, making coding fun. With Swift, you can experiment with code in real-time in a playground and receive immediate feedback without committing to creating and managing a complex app.
Ever since its creation, Swift has integrated contemporary programming paradigms that have eliminated many common programming errors. See below for a list of techniques that are widely used in modern programming:
- Assigning the initial value to a variable before using it.
- Validation to detect out-of-range errors in arrays.
- Testing for integer overflow.
- Utilizing optionals to handle missing values correctly.
- Automatic memory management.
- Deliberate process of resuming operations after an unexpected fault has occurred.
Developing apps for Mac OS X and Apple’s iOS requires proficiency in Objective-C (ObjC), which is a dynamic, object-oriented programming language and a superset of the C programming language. Objective-C syntax for constructing classes and functions, including grammar, basic types, and flow control expressions, is mainly based on C.
Objective-C and Swift are Apple’s primary languages for creating applications that run on Cocoa, Cocoa Touch, iOS, and OS X.
Cutting-edge Swift and ObjC Technology
Swift’s named variables utilize a simplified syntax that facilitates the understanding and management of the language’s application programming interfaces. Moreover, there’s no need to enter semicolons. Modules use inferred types and fewer headers, ensuring more maintainable and readable code, and reducing the likelihood of errors. The language’s Unicode-compliant strings use UTF-8 for encoding, making it possible to support a wide range of languages and symbols, including Emoji. Memory usage is kept to a minimum thanks to Swift’s automatic memory management system, which is based on tight, deterministic reference counting and avoids the need for garbage collection.
Objective-C is an object-oriented programming language that extends C with features borrowed from Small Talk. It excels as an application development language since it supports all four pillars of object-oriented development:
- Data hiding.
iOS Swift and ObjC Developers: Roles and Responsibilities
An iOS Swift or ObjC developer’s primary responsibility is to develop and maintain software for mobile devices powered by Apple’s iOS. The specific duties of developers skilled in iOS Swift and ObjC may vary depending on their position and level of expertise within the organisation. Below are some of the core responsibilities typically assigned to these developers:
- Create innovative iOS applications from the ground up.
- Collaborate with other teams to conceptualize, design, and launch new features.
- Your contribution will improve code quality, organisation, and automation.
- Develop applications and publish them to app stores.
- Leverage state-of-the-art tools to enhance your application’s performance.
- Ensure code reliability by conducting unit tests for aspects such as performance, usability, and edge cases.
- Identify and address areas that cause slow-downs, as well as enhance overall application performance.
- Continuously discover, analyse, and adopt new technologies to increase development efficiency.
- Ensure the application’s reliability, speed, and quality are maintained.
- Proficiency in the foundational aspects of the Swift programming language, including its syntax, classes, inheritance, initialisation, Objective-C compatibility, error handling, control flow (if and switch statements), and optionals.
- Familiarity with Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, and other third-party frameworks is beneficial, but not mandatory.
- Experience with Apple’s Xcode development environment.
- Proficiency in Flutter or React Native is an added advantage.
- Ability to develop designs using Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) principles.
- Prior experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Bluetooth, and CocoaPods, is necessary.
- Expertise in offline storage management, threading, and optimisation of application performance.
- Understanding of the REST APIs utilized to link iOS applications with server-side resources.
- Thorough knowledge of Apple’s interface standards and design principles.
- Outstanding proficiency in Git and related code-versioning technologies.
- Pre-existing familiarity with low-level C libraries is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in enhancing system speed and memory management using diverse tools.
- Capability to utilise cloud messaging APIs for sending and receiving push notifications.
- Proficiency in map APIs and geographic locations handling.
- Proficiency in both written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work efficiently as a team player.
- An acute attention to detail
- An imaginative sense for designing layouts.
- Demonstration of efficient time-management skills.
- Efficient in executing one’s plans.
Apart from possessing the required technical knowledge, an iOS developer must hold applicable professional experience and a history of accomplished projects. To excel in an iOS development role, the following experiences are necessary:
- Mastery of Objective-C and the iOS software development kit (SDK) is imperative.
- Dependable background in software development work.
- Hands-on experience of Swift and ObjC used in constructing iOS applications.
- Having created at least one iOS app listed on the App Store.
- proficiency in Objective-C and Cocoa Touch.
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics, and Core Text is an added advantage.
- Comfortable working with APIs and other related libraries.
- Having a thorough comprehension of the mobile industry’s framework, present trends, and forthcoming advancements is crucial.
Important Points to Remember
- Swift is a programming language that is compatible with OS X, iPad OS, iPhone OS, Apple TV OS, and Apple Watch OS. It is a secure, fast, and enjoyable language to code with.
- Even if you have no prior programming knowledge, you should be able to navigate Swift effortlessly. It is a top-notch programming language that is as enjoyable to use as a scripting language.
- Objective-C is the preferred language for creating applications on OS X and iOS.
- Being object-oriented and possessing a dynamic runtime, it is a more extensive version of the C programming language.
- Swift’s named variables have a straightforward syntax that simplifies learning and managing the language’s application programming interfaces.
- Objective-C fully supports the four principles of object-oriented development- encapsulation, data hiding, inheritance, and polymorphism.
- In addition to technical skills, soft skills like communication, time management, execution, and collaboration are indispensable.
- Recent surveys indicate that a skilled iOS Swift and ObjC developer may receive an annual salary of $82,472 (with a bonus of $5,012) and a share of profits amounting to $2,300 (also yearly).
- Generally, a developer’s income is influenced by factors such as their level of experience, the location of their employment, and the complexity of the work involved.
- For those seeking employment as an iOS Swift or ObjC developer, possessing certification in either of the languages is an effective way to distinguish your resume. Consequently, employers highly value skilled developers.
Expertise and Professionalism in the Industry
At Works, we specialize in the recruitment of remote tech engineers across various sectors. Our all-inclusive HR service encompasses a comprehensive range of activities such as selection, invoicing, compliance, and taxation involved in recruiting and onboarding overseas employees and freelancers. Our primary aim is to assist you in integrating the most suitable remote developers to aid you in accomplishing your technical projects and critical technology initiatives.