Hire Kubernetes/Golang Engineers
Kubernetes (K8s), an open-source system, has revolutionised containerized application deployment, scaling, and management. Google was at the forefront of the adoption of Linux container technology, which has enabled organisations to rapidly and efficiently deploy applications. Kubernetes offers an automated and cost-effective way of managing containerized applications at scale.
As engineers undertake various projects, they must consider a wide selection of programming languages to determine the best fit for the job. Of all the available languages, Google’s Golang has recently emerged as a top contender. Introduced to the world in 2009, Golang has gained a significant amount of traction among engineers as of 2019 due to its many inbuilt features and other benefits for developers. This has resulted in more job opportunities for Golang developers compared to Python developers.
Python may be losing ground to the increasingly popular programming language, Golang. Therefore, it is essential to understand the benefits of using Golang and how to secure a remote Kubernetes/Golang engineering job. A comprehensive knowledge of the language is vital before making a definitive choice. To ensure success, thorough research should be conducted and an in-depth understanding of the language should be obtained. Ultimately, the decision of which language to use will depend on the situation and the individual’s preferences.
What is the scope of engineering in Kubernetes/Golang?
Due to the rapid advancement of applications and the widespread adoption of Kubernetes, it has become the predominant flow of operations. To keep up with this changing landscape, it is not only essential to modernise the architecture, but to also alter the way in which software is developed and managed. Kubernetes is quickly gaining recognition as the cloud operating system, offering universality and the opportunity for numerous advantages to IT organisations and professionals. In 2017, Kubernetes saw a surge in popularity, with all the major cloud providers providing native Kubernetes services and several container orchestration solutions based on Kubernetes.
Recent research has revealed that the usage of Golang in the workplace is on the rise, with 76 percent of respondents indicating that they are currently utilising the programming language in their professional environment. Furthermore, two-thirds of these respondents acknowledged the importance of Golang for the successful operation of their organisation. Moreover, the survey results demonstrate that Golang is highly satisfactory for those who use it, with 92 percent expressing contentment. Given this widespread acceptance and satisfaction, it is no surprise that the demand for Golang development is at an all-time high. As a consequence, there is an increasing availability of remote engineering positions that focus on Kubernetes/Golang.
What are the duties and obligations of a Kubernetes/Golang engineer?
It is essential for Kubernetes engineers to understand how containers function during runtime, especially when utilising a Kubernetes orchestrator in a production environment. On the other hand, Golang engineers are looked upon to set up and maintain an operational environment with a 99.99% uptime, and to deliver technology services that are cost-effective, reliable, and of high quality to the customers. On obtaining a remote Kubernetes/Golang engineer role, the primary duties include:
- We will create a Jenkins-based continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) system with multiple component pipelines to accommodate both regular weekly and special out-of-cycle releases. The CI/CD system will enable us to automatically build, test, and deploy software quickly and efficiently, improving our release cycle times and ensuring our software products are of the highest quality.
- Docker-based deployments, Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker-registries, and Kubernetes experience are required.
- Lead the move to Chef-based ‘infrastructure as code,’ which includes cookbook design and implementation.
- Golang programmers should be able to build efficient, scalable, and modular software using the fundamental technologies.
- The goods that are released must be bug-free; they must be tested, updated, and patched on a regular basis. Golang developers often test their code.
How does one go about becoming a Kubernetes/Golang engineer?
Acquiring the expertise and skills to become a Kubernetes/Golang developer will require a significant commitment of time, effort and patience. One of the most common pathways to get started is to take college-level courses in Kubernetes/Golang programming. However, it should be noted that a degree or certificate in computer science is not mandatory to pursue a career in Kubernetes/Golang development. If you are knowledgeable of the technical stacks, you can easily obtain remote Kubernetes/Golang engineering jobs. The best strategy is to choose a software solution to focus on and to then dedicate yourself to mastering the application of it to different areas and coding challenges.
By developing and honing your coding skills, you will be able to test your technical knowledge in real-world projects and jobs. This is a critical step if you want to demonstrate your talents as a Kubernetes/Golang developer and build a portfolio to show to potential employers. Learning on the job is a key component of this process, and it allows you to develop the necessary skills to succeed in the industry.
Let’s look at the skills and approaches required to be a good Kubernetes/Golang engineer:
Qualifications for becoming a Kubernetes/Golang engineer
In order to become a successful and highly sought-after Kubernetes and Golang engineer, it is essential to have a strong foundation of technical knowledge. To begin your journey, start by familiarising yourself with the necessary skills and understanding that are required to land a high-paying job in this field. We will now discuss the steps you should take in order to become adept with Kubernetes and Golang technologies.
Programming and programming languagesAs a professional engineer, scripting is an essential tool in your toolkit for one simple reason: it enables you to automate processes and complete projects more quickly. If you are not already familiar with scripting, it is important that you begin learning it right away. Additionally, it is highly beneficial to explore other programming languages, such as Python. By employing a new approach to programming, you may find that you can achieve higher levels of productivity and more efficiently solve any issues that arise. It is a critical skill to possess when applying for a job as a remote Kubernetes/Goland engineer.
Cloud architecture and designThe days of cloud computing being simply limited to renting servers have passed; the technology has evolved to provide a straightforward (or at least comparatively easy) solution to address storage and computing needs. It is now critical to be able to integrate multiple distinct elements, particularly as multi-cloud and hybrid cloud systems become the norm and serverless technology is rapidly gaining traction among leading-edge software developers.
Visit LibrariesWorking with the Go programming language can be made significantly more efficient and straightforward by leveraging the right libraries and packages. Of the most popular libraries for Go, Go Kit, GORM, Gen, and CLI each offer unique characteristics; for this reason, it is recommended to select the library that best meets the desired goals and focus on mastering it. This expertise is in high demand among employers hiring remote Kubernetes/Golang engineers, as they seek candidates who have a deep understanding of these tools.
Handling ErrorsError handling is an essential part of developing robust, reliable, and maintainable programming. Self-programming can help you become accustomed to unfamiliar environments. When constructing libraries and packages for users to utilise, error handling is an indispensable aspect of generating powerful, reliable, and dependable code.
TestingTesting software programs is undoubtedly one of the most essential responsibilities of a software engineer. By running tests to verify that the code is functioning as expected, a software engineer can have a high level of assurance that the program will work as intended. Additionally, if an engineer modifies the code, they can rerun tests to make sure that no new errors or regressions have been introduced. Moreover, software testing provides a software engineer with a way to outline the anticipated behaviour of a program.
JSONHaving a thorough understanding of JSON files is of paramount importance for any Golang developer. A JSON file helps to organise and manage package data, dependencies, and scripts for a project, allowing for easy access when one needs to verify what packages or dependencies to use in the application. Therefore, it is highly recommended for anyone interested in applying for remote Kubernetes/Golang engineer positions to ensure they have a good comprehension of this skill.
Databases.As an engineer, having the ability to effectively manage databases is an essential requirement. Engineers must be able to perform a variety of database operations, including the storing, producing, adding, updating, and deleting of data. In order to develop applications or software, engineers must be familiar with relational database management systems such as PostgreSQL or MySQL. Knowledge of logging frameworks, with Zap being particularly important for applications built on the Go programming language, may also be beneficial.
Where can I get remote Kubernetes/Golang engineer jobs?
Kubernetes/Golang developers are some of the most sought-after professionals in the IT industry, due to the increasing prevalence of the Kubernetes/Go architecture. These professionals can help businesses in a variety of ways by leveraging the dynamic capabilities of the Kubernetes/Go system. However, in order to reach a professional level in software development, engineers must put in a lot of hard work and effort. There are two key aspects to consider in order to be successful: guidance from an experienced mentor and continual practice. Knowing how much practice and which areas to focus on is essential. Therefore, it is important to assemble a team of trusted advisors to aid and guide you through the process.
At Works, we offer the best remote engineering jobs for those specialising in Kubernetes and Golang. Our positions provide the opportunity to engage with cutting-edge technology, tackle complex technical and commercial challenges, and develop professionally at a rapid pace. Additionally, by joining our network of world-class engineers, you can find long-term, full-time remote engineer employment with the potential for increased income and promotions.
Responsibilities at work
- Kubernetes API automation for deployment/updates/patching, etc.
- Design, build, and deploy fully working products, as well as debug and repair faults
- Deliver a high-quality user experience while overcoming scaling difficulties
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including development, automated testing, deployment, and operations.
- Write code that is scalable, resilient, efficient, testable, and easy to maintain.
- Convert user needs into reliable, high-performance software.
- Create detailed software documentation for internal teams and clients.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or engineering is required (or equivalent experience)
- At least three years of experience as a Kubernetes/Golang engineer is required (rare exceptions for highly skilled developers)
- Strong understanding of Golang (Go) scripting for performance profiling
- Operator, framework, networking, logging/monitoring, and infrastructure knowledge
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker Knowledge with IoT applications using MQTT
- Solid understanding of the Linux production environment, including Shell scripting
- Extensive experience dealing with databases such as MongoDB and MySQL
- Practical experience testing RESTful Services
- Terraform is capable of configuring and managing AWS resources.
- English fluency is required for good communication.
- Work full-time (40 hours per week) with a 4-hour overlap with US time zones
- Solid knowledge of Linux, Ubuntu, RHEL, and Amazon Linux OS system administration
- Understanding of business data pipeline management with AWS SNS/SQS
- Knowledge of how to configure and operate Kubernetes environments
- familiarity with the Kubernetes SDK and operator development
- Experience with web security compliance
- Working with Agile techniques and the DevOps manner of operation
- Excellent intellectual and problem-solving abilities, as well as communication and organisational abilities