Hire Mobile Tech Leads
As an experienced software engineer, you may be ready to take on increased responsibilities. A Mobile Tech Lead position is an excellent opportunity to combine your knowledge of technology with your management skills. If this is a career path you’re interested in, it’s important to understand what it involves. Becoming a technical leader requires you to demonstrate leadership qualities and stay abreast of the latest technological advances. Taking on this role is a great way to further your software development career.
A Mobile Tech Lead is a highly qualified professional responsible for leading a team of technical specialists in a software or technology organisation. This role requires a deep understanding of software development and technology, as well as the ability to manage a variety of technical tasks such as software development, engineering operations, and product releases. Additionally, the Mobile Tech Lead must possess excellent interpersonal skills to effectively lead and collaborate with others. To be successful in this role, Mobile Tech Leads must have a comprehensive knowledge of software development, a working knowledge of technology, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
What are the opportunities for Mobile Tech Leads?
The need for mobile technology professionals is growing across all industries, including app development companies for Android and iOS, merchants, the healthcare sector, travel and tourism, media, and many more. The development of mobile applications has become increasingly wide-ranging, not only due to the range of development platforms that are available, but also the countless ways in which these applications can enhance our lives. This growth is seen across all of the major mobile operating systems, such as iPhone, Android, iPad, and Windows Mobile.
In recent years, there has been a marked uptick in the need for mobile application developers as more and more people have become increasingly reliant on their mobile devices. This has resulted in a proliferation of companies seeking to develop their own unique applications in an effort to gain a competitive edge in the marketplace. Consequently, the demand for mobile developers has risen dramatically, with the profession now being in greater demand than ever before.
What are the duties and obligations of a Mobile Tech Lead?
Mobile technology leads are responsible for a range of tasks depending on their level of experience and the platform they are working with. They are responsible for creating, managing and implementing the source code for a program, as well as collaborating with the development team to generate a prototype of the application and determine the structure of the program units.
Mobile Tech Leads are responsible for the following tasks:
- Create product roadmaps for mobile development projects with the help of business analysts and management.
- In coordination with a cross-functional design and development team, plan and build mobile app components for the platform.
- Build highly scalable, clean, and efficient code, and train younger engineers how to adhere to high coding standards.
- Inform stakeholders and management on the status of the development process.
- Prepare development technical documents and give architectural and technology recommendations.
- Ascertain that the development approaches adhere to the concepts and characteristics of Android/iOS development.
- Client and development team consultation to convert demands into technical specs
- Ascertain that the technical and functional aspects are in alignment.
- Creating an appropriate connection between the backend and the frontend
- Keep current with the latest terminology and ideas for developing mobile applications.
- Existing web applications should be used in apps.
- Collaboration with several teams to constantly improve app functionality and design
How Can You Become a Mobile Tech Lead?
In order to successfully attain a position as a Mobile Tech Lead, one must possess a unique combination of expertise, practice, and determination. Generally, the path to a Mobile Tech Lead role begins with obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. To develop a comprehensive understanding of the Android and iOS platforms, regular practice is essential. To further sharpen your technical abilities, consider participating in coding tournaments. Additionally, to stand out among other job seekers, a developer should compile a portfolio that showcases their impressive skillset. With the right attitude and dedication, becoming a Mobile Tech Lead is achievable.
Let’s take a deeper look at the abilities required for a Mobile Tech Lead position:
Qualifications for a Mobile Tech Lead
The first level is to learn the skills needed to secure a high-paying Mobile Tech Lead position. Let’s go through what you need to be aware of.
KotlinKotlin is an official programming language for Android just like Java, and it combines object-oriented and functional programming capabilities, making it a great choice for functional programming. Furthermore, Kotlin is more concise and expressive than Java, making it suitable for server-side, client-side, and Android development. Additionally, its null-safe design helps to improve both performance and code safety.
JavaJava is an object-oriented programming language that has been widely adopted by developers in order to create Android applications. It provides a precise and unambiguous codebase which clearly defines the components of a program and the operations they must perform, thereby minimising the potential for misinterpretation. However, developers must exercise caution when allocating RAM resources and specifying the data types necessary for their application, as the language is data-type sensitive.
SwiftSwift is a multi-paradigm, compiled programming language developed by Apple for the purpose of iOS application development. It is an up-to-date language that is not difficult to learn, containing various useful features such as the ability to simplify common patterns, generics, and type interfaces, thus providing a high level of participation in development. Additionally, the language is efficient and secure, making it an ideal choice for Mobile Tech Lead roles. To excel in this profession, it is essential to have a thorough understanding of Swift and its core fundamentals.
FlutterIn May 2017, Google introduced Flutter, a free and open-source mobile UI framework. Flutter offers a unique advantage of enabling developers to create native mobile applications with a single codebase. This means that developers can use the same programming language and codebase to create two distinct applications for iOS and Android platforms. The Flutter framework is composed of two main components; an SDK (Software Development Kit) and a Framework. The SDK is a set of tools which aid developers in creating applications, including the ability to compile code into native machine code for both iOS and Android platforms. Furthermore, the Framework provides developers with a library of reusable UI components (buttons, text inputs, sliders, etc.) which can be customised to suit the requirements of their application.
Android SDKA Software Development Kit (SDK) is a collection of pre-programmed code, libraries and tools that allow developers to access the features of a mobile device, such as the camera and accelerometer. Gradle, a library that is a key component of the Android SDK, helps keep the code of a project organised if it is connected to a social networking site. SDKs provide a variety of modules for Android developers to utilise when creating an Android app. When it comes to mobile development, experience with API development platforms, cross-platform app development frameworks, and responsive design for mobile web applications is highly recommended.
XMLXML (Extensible Markup Language) is an essential language for the development of mobile applications as it allows data to be shared in a consistent and comprehensible way across devices. This is why many Android developers use XML to create layouts, which are used as the primary user interface standard for Android apps; in other words, understanding the fundamentals of XML is a key requirement for developers who create Android applications.
How can I find remote Mobile Tech Lead jobs?
Athletes and developers share a common trait in the need to practice effectively and consistently in order to improve their respective skills. It is important to ensure that improvement continues over time, and this is achieved by focusing on two key areas. Firstly, it is essential to have access to the advice and guidance of an experienced and successful individual who can provide support and guidance in practice techniques. Secondly, it is important to understand the need to balance practice with rest and recovery in order to avoid burnout. With these two elements in place, athletes and developers can ensure they are giving themselves the best opportunity to excel in their chosen field.
At Works, we provide the best remote mobile tech lead jobs that can help you reach your professional goals and ambitions. With access to cutting-edge technology, you can develop your skills and grow swiftly while solving complex technical and commercial challenges. As part of a thriving community of the world’s best developers, you can explore full-time and long-term remote mobile tech lead positions that come with greater salary and promotion opportunities. Join us today and take your career to the next level with our unparalleled job opportunities.
Responsibilities at work
- Build product roadmaps for mobile development initiatives in collaboration with business analysts and management.
- Plan and construct mobile app components for the platform in collaboration with a cross-functional design and development team.
- Write highly scalable, clean, and efficient code, and train younger engineers to follow excellent coding standards.
- Inform stakeholders and management on the development process’s progress.
- Prepare technical documentation for the development and provide architectural and technological suggestions.
- Ascertain that the development methods follow the Android/iOS development principles and features.
- Engineering or computer science bachelor’s/degree master’s (or equivalent experience)
- At least 5 years of experience developing mobile apps (rare exceptions for highly skilled developers)
- Solid understanding of designing Android and iOS applications using React Native and Node.js
- Knowledge of Kotlin, Java, Swift, and Flutter
- Extensive knowledge of third-party libraries and APIs
- Knowledge of MongoDB, MySQL, GraphQL, React, and Docker is required.
- Knowledge of automated testing, code management, versioning, and the Git Branching Strategy
- AWS infrastructure and Cloudfront CDN experience
- ECS, Load Balancing, Security, AWS API Gateway, Lambda functions, S3, Web Sockets, RDS, and Elemental Media Convert experience
- English fluency is required for good communication.
- Work full-time (40 hours per week) with a 4-hour overlap with US time zones
- Experience with the DevSecOps concept and CI/CD pipelines utilising Git, Jenkins, or other version control tools is required.
- Practical experience with difficult and varied technological development
- Experience in API design and implementation, as well as developing scalable RESTful services
- Excellent design and UX sensibility
- Excellent team leadership and project management abilities
- Outstanding intellectual, analytical, consultative, and communication abilities