Hire NetSuite API Engineers
As a NetSuite developer, it is essential to have a deep understanding of SuiteScript and the associated NetSuite APIs. This can be developed by working under a developer or sandbox account to modify SuiteScript. The most successful NetSuite developers possess a comprehensive knowledge of all types of SuiteScripts, thus being able to confidently undertake any NetSuite customisation.
Not all NetSuite developers are familiar with Suitelet development, even though this can be essential for creating custom NetSuite solutions. An increased demand for NetSuite API knowledge has been spurred by the various advantages of the API. As a result, remote NetSuite API engineer positions are becoming increasingly popular amongst software engineers. In the following sections, we will explore this topic in greater detail.
What does NetSuite API development entail?
When collaborating with a team of developers, NetSuite developers are tasked with being problem solvers. The native features to be utilised will be determined by the functional consultant, while the NetSuite engineer may use SuiteScript to make extensive modifications.
NetSuite, initially launched as a web-based accounting program dubbed ‘Net ledger’ in 1998, has since blossomed into a robust Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system with a comprehensive suite of accounting capabilities. Not only is the system web-based, but it is also highly scalable, providing tailored solutions to both small and large organisations. Furthermore, NetSuite offers the flexibility to utilise a single chart of accounts or multiple charts for different, distinct businesses.
Are you curious about what it’s like to be a NetSuite API developer and interested in learning about the remote opportunities available for NetSuite API engineers? Let’s explore the specifics of what this role entails.
What are the duties and obligations of a NetSuite API developer?
After getting remote NetSuite API engineer employment, the following are some of the most critical roles.
- Assist new clients in connecting our API with their newly created instances.
- Use the label creation and tracking tools in your existing NetSuite system.
- Recognise how our goods are used by consumers and seek to enhance them on a regular basis.
- Provide correct information based on tracking statuses.
- Assist us in delivering the most cost-effective shipping options throughout the label creation process.
How can I get a job as a NetSuite API engineer?
Despite the fact that remote NetSuite API engineering roles require a high level of technical expertise and proficiency, anyone who is passionate about this field and able to undertake some of the duties associated with a NetSuite API engineer is welcome to submit an application.
Acquiring the skills necessary to secure remote NetSuite API engineer employment is achievable in a variety of ways. For those looking to enter the field, a degree in Computer Science is a great starting point, providing a solid foundation and official credentials. However, for those who may not have done well in high school, attending a college that will help them attain a job in remote NetSuite API engineering may not be an option.
Enrolling in a short-term boot camp program is a cost- and time-effective way to become a successful NetSuite API developer. These programs focus on teaching the languages necessary for applying for remote NetSuite API engineer jobs, either in person or online, and provide an alternative to a three- or four-year degree.
No matter which path you decide to take to become a Remote NetSuite API Engineer, you can rest assured that you will have a successful and prosperous career with numerous opportunities for employment in this field.
Qualifications for becoming a NetSuite API engineer
Gaining the requisite skills is the initial step in attaining a position as a NetSuite API Engineer with a good salary. In order to properly understand the technical aptitude required for a remote NetSuite API Engineer job, it is important to take a closer look at each required ability.
NetSuiteWithout a doubt, having a comprehensive understanding of NetSuite and its related APIs is essential for those seeking employment as a NetSuite API developer. There are a variety of online programs available that can provide a solid foundation of the fundamentals, as well as an abundance of online materials that can serve as an aid in quickly grasping the necessary skills. Furthermore, joining organisations or networks that are focused on developers can also be a great resource for furthering one’s knowledge.
HTMLThe HyperText Markup Language (HTML) has been the cornerstone of the Internet’s development. As the latest version, HTML5, is now available, it is important for any aspiring remote NetSuite API programmer to become familiar with it in order to remain competitive. Not only will understanding HTML enable developers to create more efficient Content Management System (CMS) modules, but it also provides an advantage when it comes to implementing Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) techniques on the back end. Therefore, in order to gain the most out of any NetSuite API development, it is essential to start learning HTML5 as soon as possible.
CSSIf you are looking to work as a NetSuite API developer, it is essential to have a comprehensive understanding of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). CSS is used to create layouts, fonts, colours, styles, and other visual components for static websites. In recent years, the importance of CSS has grown exponentially due to the sheer number of different screen sizes that are now available. CSS allows for web pages to be designed in a manner that is both fluid and responsive, no matter what size device is accessing the page.
Extensible Markup Language (XML)A markup language is a set of codes, often referred to as tags, which are used to structure and identify the components of a digital document. To be qualified for remote NetSuite API engineering jobs, it is essential to have a fundamental understanding of Extensible Markup Language (XML).
API classificationsWhen it comes to web development, there is no way to build a website without utilising third-party components. This can be a tricky situation, as it is essential that the website remains operational and the code is not exposed. APIs can be a helpful solution in this case. The most important APIs for a web developer to understand are CRUD operations, data formats, RestAPIs, and HTTP request techniques. These are essential for ensuring that the website performs as intended and still remains secure. Knowing how to use APIs correctly is an essential part of web development and should not be overlooked.
PHPUnitPHPUnit is a widely utilised unit testing framework for validating the output of small pieces of code against expected results. It is a vital practice for any PHP programmer to utilise unit tests, and these tests can be used in test-driven development (TDD) methodology, in which tests are created first and then followed by the development of code.
WindowsMicrosoft developed the Windows operating system, a suite of operating systems that control a computer’s operations. When interviewing for a remote NetSuite API engineering role, it is important to demonstrate an understanding of Windows.
Where can I get remote NetSuite API engineer jobs?
As a NetSuite API engineer, it is important to remember that when undergoing training, you should always give it your all. Technology is constantly advancing, and this is especially true for NetSuite development. As the demand for NetSuite API development grows, so does the competition. However, if you strive to be the best version of yourself and remain up-to-date on the latest trends, you can still be successful in your chosen field.
At Work, we provide the best remote NetSuite API engineer jobs to help you achieve your ambitions. Our NetSuite API engineering opportunities offer you the chance to refine your skills and work on complex technical problems with some of the most talented engineers in the world. By joining our international network of the most exceptional experts in the field, you can find full-time, long-term remote NetSuite API engineer positions that offer higher salaries and greater professional growth.
Responsibilities at work
- Assist clients in connecting the company’s API with NetSuite instances.
- Use current NetSuite instances to implement label generating and tracking tools.
- Recognise product use and attempt to improve it properly.
- Provide precise information depending on tracking status.
- Determine the most cost-effective distribution alternatives for the label creation process.
- Participate in the creation of new SuiteApps features.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of technical solutions and NetSuite modifications.
- Post-launch technical assistance for enhancements, bug fixes, and optimisation
- Share your thoughts and views with colleagues, stakeholders, and clients in open forums.
- Bachelor’s/degree Master’s in engineering, computer science, or information technology (or equivalent experience)
- At least three years of experience designing NetSuit solutions is required (rare exceptions for highly skilled developers)
- Extensive experience implementing NetSuite connections with middleware like as Workato, Boomi, and Mulesoft.
- Extensive experience with NetSuite modules like as manufacturing, warehouse management, supply and demand forecasting, and so on.
- Strong knowledge of important business processes such as Procure-to-Pay, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and Accounting.
- English fluency is required for good communication.
- Work full-time (40 hours per week) with a 4-hour overlap with US time zones
- Knowledge of Jira, Jenkins, GitHub, and best practices for Devops
- Knowledge of LIMS, Apttus, and Coupa
- Consider the ITIL framework (Incident, Change, Demand and Release Management)
- Accreditations in NetSuite would be desired.
- Working knowledge of the Hybrid/Agile project approach
- Outstanding organisational and interpersonal abilities