Hire developers proficient in Objective C++
Objective-C is essentially a variant of the ANSI C language that has been supplemented with additional functionalities. Developers can also use the Objective-C compiler developed by Apple to write Objective-C++ code, which combines features from both C++ and Objective-C to create a more powerful tool for developers.
One of the biggest advantages of Objective-C is its compatibility with millions of lines of existing C code used worldwide. Additionally, there is the potential to merge Objective-C++ with existing C++ codes effectively as Objective-C++ supports C++ features such as name mangling for direct linking between the two.
Objective-C source code files are identified by the .m file extension while the ones with .M or .mm extensions are recognised as Objective-C++ code by Apple’s compiler. The -x compiler option can be used with an input file to make Apple’s compiler treat it as Objective-C++ code.
Tools and resources accessible to a programmer proficient in Objective C++
Combining Objective-C and C++ classes is possible, which allows an Objective-C method to call a C++ member function or a C++ class to contain a reference to an Objective-C object. However, it is not possible for classes written in one language to inherit from those written in the other. Creating and deleting instances require careful consideration since the two languages interpret these actions differently. Despite the challenges in merging the two languages, the benefits of using existing C++ code in Objective-C applications far outweigh the associated difficulties.
The GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) is a powerful suite of development tools that support the compilation of C, Objective-C and C++ code. It is important to note that when there is overlap between C++ and Objective-C code, it is advisable to use the .mm or .M file extension instead of the .m file extension when compiling to alert the compiler that the file has both C++ and Objective-C codes.
Applications that integrate C++ and Objective-C codes include the following examples.
- Objective-C objects can reference C++ fields, and C++ fields can do the same in return.
- Objective-C can access C++ object methods, and vice versa.
- Objective-C objects can utilise C++ object references, instead of pointers, to implement their fields provided the relevant C++ class contains no virtual methods.
It is important to note that Objective-C and C++ are not entirely compatible with each other. Some prohibited actions include:
- Objective-C cannot inherit from C++ classes, and C++ cannot inherit from Objective-C classes.
- Objective-C classes cannot be defined in C++ namespaces or used as templates in C++ programmes.
- Due to this limitation, it is not possible to use C++ keywords as variable names in Objective-C.
- Similarly, it is not possible to use C++ syntax to invoke Objective-C methods.
To eliminate confusion, several restrictions have been set in place. The following are a few examples:
- Naming a C++ template “id” is not allowed. In certain situations, the expression ‘TypeName > var’ could be interpreted as a declaration of a C++ template or an Objective-C protocol, provided that such use is permitted.
- When passing a C++ variable with a global scope to an Objective-C function, ensure to include a space between the first and second colons.
Responsibilities and Involvement of an Objective-C++ Developer
An Objective-C++ developer‘s responsibilities can differ based on their level of experience, the company they work for, and the assignment at hand. A developer’s tasks typically involve designing, coding, debugging, and testing applications; creating and maintaining databases; enforcing company and industry coding standards; and collaborating with other teams to ensure successful project implementation. Moreover, they may be accountable for developing user interfaces, resolving software issues, and providing technical assistance.
- iOS app development for Apple
- Ensure that the speed, quality, and responsiveness of the application are exemplary.
- Work with fellow team members to ideate, build, and launch new features.
- Identify system slow-downs and glitches and eliminate them.
- Strive to maintain the superior quality, structure, and automation of the codebase.
- Publication of the app on the App Store
- Check for compliance with construction regulations
- Proficiency in iOS Concurrency and Memory Management.
- Proficiency in both Objective-C++ and Cocoa Touch is necessary.
- Hands-on experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data and Core Animation.
- Thorough knowledge of the infrastructure and services that support iOS is mandatory.
- Acquaintance with Apple’s design principles and their expectations for application user interfaces is essential.
- Proficiency with source code management tools such as Git, Mercurial, and Subversion.
- Aptitude for utilizing C++ libraries.
- Knowledge of cloud-based communications, APIs, and push notifications.
- Expertise in continuous integration.
Requirements: Strong Proficiency in Soft Skills
- Excellent collaborative skills.
- Proficiency in both written and verbal communication.
- Capable of efficient time management.
- Outstanding listening skills.
- Commitment to work with integrity.
- Efficient time allocation skills.
- Proficiency in data analysis.
- Demonstrated success in software development tasks.
- Verified history of being an iOS developer.
- Released at least one iOS application to the general public.
- Proficiency in Cocoa Touch and Objective-C++.
- Knowledge of iOS frameworks such as Core Animation, Core Data, Core Text, and Core Graphics.
- Knowing external APIs and libraries is an added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of the mobile industry’s structures, current trends, and future advancements.
- A complete comprehension of the mobile development procedure.
Certification for Objective-C++ Programmers
To attain your Objective-C++ Developer Certification, you must participate in an immersive Objective-C++ training course. This training will cover essential and advanced language features, its evolution, primary applications, key elements, and the best techniques for accomplishing routine programming tasks.
The certification procedure considers the following fields:
- Understand the fundamentals of Objective-C++.
- Using Objective-C for simple programming assignments.
- Objective-C programs can be compiled and executed successfully.
- Adopting object-oriented and class-based approaches in the code context.
- Data encapsulation with instance variables.
- Understanding arithmetic expressions, the Objective-C++ calculator class, assignment operators, and bit operations.
- Discussion on the significance of inheritance in Objective-C++ and its association with other characteristics.
- Detailed coverage of Polymorphism, binding, and dynamic types.
- Thorough understanding of various Objective-C++ categories, protocols, attributes, arrays, structures, and methods.
What advantages would you gain from obtaining this certification?
For software developers seeking to enhance their expertise and progress in their profession, acquiring certification in Objective-C++ technology is an exceptional way to accomplish that. This accreditation serves as an authentic testament to your knowledge and skillset, which can be a valuable addition to your CV. Furthermore, employers seeking Objective-C++ programmers highly value certified professionals and are willing to offer higher salaries to attract competent individuals. Thus, obtaining certification in this field can provide you with new opportunities, demonstrate your coding proficiency, and impress potential employers.
At Works, businesses can easily find experienced Objective-C++ programmers from anywhere in the world. We specialize in connecting you with the ideal professionals, whether you require part-time, full-time, or contract personnel for your project.
- Objective-C is a programming language that adheres to the ANSI C standard, with a few additional features that enhance its flexibility and efficiency. Similarly, Objective-C++ incorporates the fundamental components of Objective-C while adding several characteristics from the C++ language. The Apple-developed Objective-C compiler supports both Objective-C and Objective-C++ codes, enabling developers to benefit from the strengths of both languages in their projects.
- Objective-C’s compatibility with millions of lines of existing C code used globally is one of its primary advantages. It is also a superset of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) C, which means it contains all features of ANSI C and others. Consequently, developers enjoy greater flexibility while writing code since they can leverage Objective-C’s additional features yet maintain ANSI C’s familiarity.
- Objective-C source code files can be distinguished from other files based on their extensions. The ‘.m’ extension indicates Objective-C files, while the ‘.M’ or ‘.mm’ extension denotes Objective-C++ files when processed by Apple’s compiler.
- The GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) consists of a compiler assortment for C, Objective-C, and C++ programming languages. Objective-C++ and C++ codes can have certain resemblances, and to inform the compiler of files that contain both languages, the file extension can be modified from “.m” to either “.mm” or “.M”. This will ensure proper processing of the code by GCC.
- Objective-C++ developers must create, develop, and maintain iOS applications to ensure optimal responsiveness, quality, and performance. Additionally, they require cooperative skills to collaborate in a team to create, implement, and publish new features while also identifying and addressing issues or hindrances that may arise.
- For iOS development, one must possess specific hard skills, such as a complete understanding of Memory Management and iOS Concurrency Programming, along with excellent proficiency in Objective-C++ and Cocoa Touch. Additionally, a thorough knowledge of iOS Frameworks like Core Data and Core Animation is vital to excel in this area.
- On average, a developer with less than a year of experience may earn an annual salary of USD 71,424, including bonuses, overtime pay, and gratuities.
- During the certification process, you will gain insight into the intricacies of Objective-C++, enabling you to become a more versatile developer.
- Expert Objective-C++ programmers are in high demand, and employers seeking the best candidates for their roles place a significant value on certifications in the language, making it an advantageous addition to any resume. Holding authentic certification in Objective-C++ can significantly enhance your employment opportunities and transform you into a highly sought-after candidate.
Area of Specialization
Works specializes in tech recruitment of remote tech engineers for various sectors. We provide all-inclusive HR services that cover every aspect of recruiting and onboarding overseas employees and freelancers, including selection, invoicing, compliance, and taxation. Our aim is to assist you in integrating the best remote developers into your team to propel your technical projects and critical technology initiatives forward.