Pen Testing Developers for Hire
Penetration testing, also known as pen testing, serves as a security test to discover potential threats and vulnerabilities within a software application. These threats may be present within the website, application or network, and pose a risk to the system’s security. Penetration testing involves examining all potential network scenarios to identify and test for these vulnerabilities.
Vulnerabilities in the system refer to potential risks that may be exploited by hackers to leverage unauthorized access into the database, thereby disrupting the application’s function. These risks are created due to errors during the software development phase, which go unnoticed during the testing phase. Penetration analysis comprises of penetration testing and vulnerability assessment, which helps identify these vulnerabilities.
Organizations, especially those in the financial sector that deal with sensitive user data, rely on penetration testing to ensure the safety of their systems from malicious attacks. Get in touch with the experts at Works to learn more about how to hire penetration testing developers for your company.
Penetration Testing Development Technologies and Tools
Three different methods are utilized for penetration testing.
Black box testinginvolves the penetration tester not having access to the internal code structure and systems for testing purposes. The test focuses instead on the software application’s input and output. Black box testing can be classified into functional testing, non-functional testing, and regression testing categories.
White box testingis where the tester has complete knowledge regarding the implementation of the network or systems slated to be tested. The tester is granted access to the source code, IP address, database schemas and OS details. White box testing is akin to simulating an attack from any internal source within the network.
Grey box testinginvolves providing the tester with limited knowledge regarding the network or system’s implementation. This is performed when an external hacker, who has gained unauthorized access to the organization’s infrastructure, carries out the attack.
In line with your software development industry requirements, Works can assist in streamlining your recruitment process to help you find the most suitable pen testing developers for your company.
Penetration Testing Steps
Penetration testing is conducted through four distinct steps.
Planning PhaseIn this initial phase, the scope and requirements of the assignment are understood, and a strategy is devised for planning out a penetration attack. The emphasis is on studying the existing security policies and standards to determine the scope of the attack.
Discovery PhasePreceding the attack, the discovery phase entails gathering as much information as possible regarding the system’s architecture, schemas, authorization checkpoints, usernames, and passwords. This phase is also referred to as “fingerprinting.” System ports are scanned and probed, and potential vulnerabilities are screened within the system.
Attack PhaseThe attack phase entails exploiting the various identified vulnerabilities by utilizing the necessary security privileges to gain entry into the system.
Reporting PhaseIn the post-attack phase, all identified vulnerabilities are thoroughly documented. The risks and vulnerabilities are assessed to determine their business impact and level of risk. Often, in this phase, the penetration tester provides recommendations and solutions for improving the security of the existing system infrastructure.
If you require the services of a pen testing developer, Works can assist you in identifying the perfect candidate for your organization. To learn more, please contact Works’ experts.
Responsibilities and Duties of Penetration Testing Developers
The primary duties of a penetration testing developer include:
- Establishing, maintaining, and addressing security and vulnerability concerns
- Providing comprehensive solutions to stakeholders
- Demonstrating expansive knowledge of software and security technologies and their practical implementation
- Identifying and recommending appropriate suggestions and enhancements based on current implementation and scenarios
- Attending to client or company inquiries and assisting clients with monitoring, testing, and support
Schedule a demonstration with Works’ experts to procure the top pen testing developers in the country of your preference.
Essential Skills for Penetration Testing Development Sector
Penetration testing developers are expected to:
- Conduct penetration testing on computer systems, software applications and networks
- Fully comprehend the business needs for efficient application testing
- Identify security vulnerabilities in the system that may enable hackers to compromise a target system
- Document the results of penetration testing thoroughly to facilitate developers in resolving identified vulnerabilities
- Assume accountability for any information loss that occurs during testing.
- Maintain confidentiality of extracted data and information between the organization and the tester
- Conduct tests on computer systems, networks and applications
- Stay updated with the latest ethical hacking techniques and evaluate new penetration testing tools
- Perform network and system security audits to evaluate the organization’s systems
- Analyze the effectiveness of the organization’s security policy, provide recommendations for security policy enhancements, and work towards improving the security policy
- Record findings, generate security reports, and collaborate with the IT department and management to offer recommendations and feedback following implementation of security fixes
Interpersonal Skills/Additional Qualifications
The responsibilities of a penetration test developer extend beyond the technical realm, involving some degree of client-side management. Moreover, they might be expected to actively engage in tasks such as:
- Collaborating with the IT delivery team and coordinating with clients to deliver a comprehensive understanding of cyber threats and risks associated with their infrastructure and applications
- Working alongside a team of senior and lead-level penetration test developers and staying in sync with the rest of the team
- Collaborating with a business analyst and a subject-matter expert to identify processes, and perform a feasibility analysis
- Enhancing one’s skill set and keeping pace with new methodologies and tools in the cybersecurity field
- Participating in meetings to develop processes and identify issues while proposing solutions
- Demonstrating exceptional communication and negotiation abilities, as well as the ability to interact with stakeholders on a regular basis
Works is capable of identifying, evaluating, and recruiting the finest pen testing developers for your organization. Schedule a consultation with our specialists at Works to discover more.
Requirements and Accreditations for Penetration Testing Developers
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)The CEH certification is widely regarded as the standard for ethical hackers. It encompasses all the current hacking methodologies and malware tactics. The certification exam requires a four-hour multiple-choice theory assessment followed by a six-hour practical exam to obtain the certification.
Certified Penetration Tester (CPT)The CPT certification assesses the candidate’s understanding of penetration testing in general, with a specific focus on Unix, Linux, and Windows operating systems. Aspects of wireless security and web application exploitation are also examined. Due to the rapid development of technology, this certification is valid for four years.
GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN)The GPEN certification concentrates on the technical aspects of ethical hacking and penetration testing. Additionally, the certification provides candidates with a legal viewpoint on pen testing, which is advantageous when working with industry clients.
Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)The OSCP assessment is based on a real-world scenario, with candidates given 24 hours to examine the given scenario. The candidate must collect network data and submit a comprehensive report. Points are awarded based on the severity of the discovered vulnerabilities, making it a challenging certification examination.
What Are the Benefits of Certification?
Employers typically favour candidates who possess industry-standard certifications in the field of penetration testing, ethical hacking, and other aspects of cybersecurity, as it helps them to stand out from other job seekers. Certifications necessitate that pen testing developers demonstrate their understanding of the concepts and acquire hands-on experience, both of which are crucial to their profession. Furthermore, certifications assist developers in establishing a solid foundation of fundamentals in this area.
Works can assist you in recruiting certified and experienced penetration testing developers from all over the world to meet your hiring needs, whether as freelancers, full-time employees, or on a contractual basis. Contact us to know more.
Important Points to Remember
- The responsibility of a penetration testing developer is to detect vulnerabilities, security breaches, threats, and risks in an organization’s current software, network, and applications.
- The primary forms of penetration testing include white box testing, black box testing, and grey box testing.
- Certifications empower candidates to enhance their fundamentals and become well-prepared for the industry.
- The cybersecurity arena is constantly evolving, with new methods and tools being introduced every day; as a result, developers must regularly update their expertise to remain up to date with the most recent advancements and methodologies.
Works’ custom solutions can assume responsibility for the hiring process of your pen testing developers. To know more, schedule a demo with us.
Conclusion: Why Choose Works?
Professional Knowledge and Expertise
Works is a comprehensive, worldwide human resources (HR) platform that simplifies the process of building and managing remote teams by recruiting talent from over 150 countries. You no longer need to deal with the difficulties of managing employee payrolls, contracts, compliance, and benefits.
As an Employer of Record (EOR) service, we can serve as your company’s legal employer in the country of your choosing and handle all of your hiring needs, including those pertaining to finding pen testing developers. We can handle the everyday activities connected your remote employees, from hiring to onboarding, billing, compliance, and tax compliance. We offer top-notch services to various industries, including:
- Logistics and Transportation
- Retail and E-commerce