Engage Prestashop Developers
With the increasing awareness of the advantages of online shopping such as convenience, cost-effectiveness, and time-saving, more consumers and entrepreneurs are relying on the internet to purchase products and services. Therefore, it is crucial to discover a reliable e-commerce platform that provides easy-to-use tools for those interested in the e-commerce industry. Besides, visitors prefer websites that offer comprehensive details about their products without compromising on fast loading times and secure payment options.
PrestaShop, widely known as ‘PShop’, is an open-source e-commerce system with robust and comprehensive features that enable merchants to commence their online selling. Without prior coding or programming skills, you can launch your online store within just 15 minutes, leveraging the power of the LAMP stack – one of the widely used open-source e-commerce systems. With PrestaShop, you can promptly and easily create your e-commerce store and market your products to customers all over the world.
For state-of-the-art online store management, choose PrestaShop.
Paris was the birthplace of PrestaShop in 2011. Later in August 2007, it became public under the Open Software Licence. Presently, it supports only nine languages – English, Portuguese, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Polish, and Russian, from a pool of 63 available languages. Paid support plans are available for those requiring technical assistance, along with the PrestaShop Community Forum, which keeps growing. In both 2010 and 2011, PrestaShop was awarded the title of the Best Open-Source Business Application.
Functions of PrestaShop
Constructed with the PHP programming language, PrestaShop is a free and open-source content management system (CMS), fuelled by the widely-popular Smarty template engine, which is a preferred option for retailers. The system operates using the MySQL database.
PrestaShop provides numerous beneficial functions, such as:
- PrestaShop enables you to effortlessly manage your inventory, orders, invoices, employees, customers, suppliers, products, and additional details.
- PrestaShop’s “MyProducts” segment makes it easy for your customers to add and handle their own products on your digital store.
- Developers can design third-party modules with adaptable functionality using PrestaShop.
- With numerous safety measures in place, you can use PrestaShop without any concerns.
- PrestaShop can integrate with several payment gateways, including Google Checkout, Authorise.Net, PayPal, DirectPay, Skrill, and EBANX Checkout, using application programming interfaces (APIs). Third-party vendors offer additional payment modules that clients can acquire to improve their payment options.
- The store’s administration interface primarily relies on AJAX, ensuring a streamlined experience for the store’s owner. Additionally, third-party programmers can customise the store’s modular building blocks at no cost, presenting the owner with more opportunities to personalise the store to their preference.
- ‘PShop Addons’ is PrestaShop’s official marketplace that offers a range of premium modules and themes for purchase. Furthermore, several developers who contribute to the PrestaShop community have created their own extensions.
- PrestaShop operates a website called PrestaBox to transform the software into an all-inclusive hosting service.
- The latest version of PrestaShop has been enhanced to provide greater ease of maintenance and a higher level of quality assurance. This upgraded version delivers a more polished experience than its predecessor, simplifying maintenance and ensuring the attainment of the highest quality standards.
- With this merchandising system, you can efficiently handle all of your merchandise, customers, invoices, automated order processing, promotions, and discounts from a single, central location. This solution enables you to streamline your operations, resulting in time and cost savings while improving productivity.
- When a customer orders a product from your online store powered by PrestaShop, they can receive an email notification immediately.
What drives PrestaShop?
PrestaShop is an e-commerce platform that relies on a web server, such as Apache or Microsoft IIS, PHP 5.1 or higher, a MySQL database with 5.0 or greater permissions, and accessibility to an FTP server to establish a functional online store. While PrestaShop’s backend is based on the MySQL database, the platform is adaptable to support multiple database systems. The PHP scripts handle all of the backend processing necessary for the website to function as a virtual storefront, once the essential files have been downloaded and installed on the site.
MySQL allows for the rapid creation of databases that can be utilised for storing and managing data. Following PrestaShop’s installation, you can swiftly configure your online store by establishing an administrator account and providing your store’s information. From the administrative dashboard, you can manage your inventory, access sales data, modify the storefront’s appearance and other customisations, and control access to specific areas.
The control panel enables access to the following settings:
- Product catalog used to manage various products, including relevant details, options, and modifications.
- Sales – for tracking invoices, customer follow-up and creating shipping labels.
- Customers – Enables management of your customer database by providing access to view, edit and create custom customer groups.
- Customers might require information regarding their purchase delivery, including shipping options, associated costs and approximate delivery times. Our website offers extensive information on all these factors, enabling customers to make informed purchasing and delivery decisions. Our commitment to providing customers with the finest service and convenience remains unwavering.
- The Price Rules section within any store’s settings page allows for a range of discounts to be implemented, including discounts for shipping services, vendors, products, categories, manufacturers, retailers, promotions, coupons, gift cards and free shipping. All of these modifications can be managed within this section, ensuring that customers receive the greatest value.
- Modules – used for the enhancement of all shopping-specific modules such as menus or shopping carts.
- Settings – enables users to personalise their experience.
- Preparing a store for use across various time zones, countries, states, languages, currencies, tax systems, and translations is referred to as “localisation”.
- Management of preferences, profiles, authorisations, addition/removal of users and user accounts.
- Performance Settings – enable customisation of options such as backups, cache, and logs.
- The objective of collecting and analysing data pertaining to the traffic, sales, and conversion rates of your eCommerce store in relation to your competitors is to gain an insight into how you can optimise your store to meet your customers’ needs efficiently. By gaining this understanding, you can adapt your store to enhance customer satisfaction and, consequently, increase sales and conversions.
PrestaShop Content Management System (CMS) empowers you to create the fundamental pages for your online store, such as “About Us” and “Terms and Conditions”. Furthermore, you can revise the module order and choose which ones display on specific pages. PrestaShop enables you to personalise the scale of your store’s default images, including categories, landscapes, items, and more, imparting a unique ambience to your online store. You can also customise the template to suit your preferences by selecting appropriate dimensions and designing alluring layouts.
Themes play an essential role in defining online stores. PrestaShop offers a range of themes, a few of which are free and can be found on their Addons page. These themes add a distinct personality and identity to your store’s graphic design, enhancing its visual appeal through a unique style and tone. By selecting the ideal theme, you can make your store stand out from the competition and offer your customers an unforgettable experience.
With PrestaShop, businesses can effortlessly consolidate customer inquiries and monitor any unanswered email threads, eliminating the necessity to contact each person in the chain, hence saving time. Furthermore, they can oversee abandoned shopping carts and offer coupons to customers who left their carts or are recurring purchasers, as a gesture of appreciation, utilising the Customer Follow-up module.
Description of the Position
- Proficiency in the area of electronic commerce
- Having experience in creating mobile-friendly websites is an added advantage.
- Familiar with Model-View-Controller (MVC) Patterns
- capability to modify and substitute PrestaShop’s standard features
- Superior expertise in developing PrestaShop modules and modifying theme layouts
- Proficiency in the PrestaShop shopping cart system is mandatory.
- should have knowledge of the functioning of the SmartyPHP framework.
- Capable of efficiently utilising PrestaShop and implementing industry best practices
- Proficient in integrating APIs, collaborating with payment processors, and developing in XML with an emphasis on standards and protocols.
- Broad experience in working with source control systems
- applies reasoning and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills; dependable team player
PrestaShop’s swiftness, user-friendliness, and SEO-friendliness make it a popular selection for e-commerce ventures. Therefore, PrestaShop developers need to be proficient in incorporating their ideas to streamline the shopping process and provide customers with solutions that align with their preferences. In addition, they must stay abreast of the latest technological advancements to effectively provide solutions that cater to the business necessities they are accountable for.
A PrestaShop developer is anticipated to perform the tasks mentioned below.
- Focus on fundamental coding, debugging, and code examination.
- Maintain the efficiency of the present or impending PrestaShop store.
- Innovate with novel concepts and PrestaShop add-ons.
- Enhance the customer’s PrestaShop store by preserving and incorporating new updates and refinements.
- It is beneficial to survey the business for any extraneous items and eliminate them.
- Engage both the business and development teams in addressing and resolving the issues that have been identified.
- Assess the current websites and conceive new enhancements to augment their functionality.
- Recognize imperfections in the system and carry out appropriate remedies.
- Remain updated on new developments in the field of software.
Mastery in Domain
At Works, we are a leading expert in the recruitment of freelance software developers and other IT professionals across all industries. We offer all-inclusive Human Resources solutions such as selection, invoicing, compliance, and taxation for the hiring and integration of remote workers and international contractors. Our primary objective is to assist you in acquiring the finest remote developers for your team, empowering them to drive your most critical technological goals and technical initiatives.