Hire Python/PostgreSQL Developers
When compared to other programming languages, Python stands out for its flexibility and general-purpose use. It is widely used for web development, machine learning, game development and Internet of Things (IoT) coding, as well as for creating applications that require data processing and mathematical calculations. Python’s versatility makes it an ideal choice for a variety of software development projects.
PostgreSQL is an open-source database management system that combines the best of PostgreSQL and Berkeley DB, offering powerful and dependable capabilities for handling complex data. It provides a range of data models, including user-defined types and text arrays, and features full-text search and stored procedures. Additionally, PostgreSQL is highly scalable, replicating via transaction logs, and can be enhanced with over 160 free functionalities.
What does Python/PostgreSQL development entail?
Python is a powerful and versatile high-level, multi-paradigm programming language that has the same capabilities as the traditional programming languages such as C, C++, and Java. The widespread use of Python has created a high demand for Python developers due to the language’s popularity and its capability of providing solutions in a wide range of industries, ranging from web applications to data science and machine learning.
PostgreSQL is a powerful and widely adopted open-source database that can be found on all major cloud providers, operating systems, and virtualization platforms. In addition, it is supported by companies that provide technical assistance, while users have the option to maintain it themselves.
What are the duties and obligations of a Python/PostgreSQL developer?
Python developers are highly sought after for their server-side programming expertise. They are tasked with creating logic and platforms that meet the needs of users and provide them with data from Python programs. Additionally, Python developers are often called upon to collaborate with front-end developers, marrying their work with the Python application for a holistic user experience.
It may come as a surprise that PostgreSQL is employed by more than one thousand companies for consumer purposes. Not only is it used by software developers and publishers to create applications, but PostgreSQL cloud database developers are also knowledgeable in how to design and build efficient APIs and how to modify datasets for cloud platforms.
A Python/PostgreSQL developer‘s duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Build scalable application architectures using Python code.
- Identify and create efficient systems, databases, user interfaces, and online services.
- Determine how current software solutions might be enhanced.
- Improve application functioning by running numerous unit tests.
- Provide applications that are dependable, low-latency, and high-performance.
- Integrate best practices in security throughout the development process.
- Investigate, study, and apply new technologies, best practices in design, and usability patterns to your development process.
- Provide technological solutions to fulfill the demands of the company.
- Work with product managers, data analysts, and developers to create database code.
- Maintain the database’s code and structures’ dependability, validity, and quality.
How can I get started as a Python/PostgreSQL developer?
Gaining expertise as a Python/PostgreSQL developer is becoming increasingly desirable among IT professionals. Contrary to popular belief, becoming a Python/PostgreSQL developer is not a particularly challenging endeavour. For those looking to pursue such a career, the most obvious approach is to take college-level courses or obtain a degree/diploma in computer science.
It is important to note that a degree in computer science is not a prerequisite to becoming a proficient Python/PostgreSQL developer. To excel in Python/PostgreSQL development, one must have a general understanding of the concepts and a solid command of the relevant programming language.
Let’s have a look at the abilities and methodologies you’ll need to learn to be a good Python/PostgreSQL developer:
Qualifications for becoming a Python/PostgreSQL developer
To gain the necessary expertise to obtain a lucrative job as a Python/PostgreSQL developer, it is important to acquire the core skills required for the role. To help you get started, let us take a look at the fundamental knowledge and abilities you should possess.
PostgreSQL (PostgreSQL)PostgreSQL is a powerful and versatile open source database that is available on all major cloud providers, operating systems, and virtualization platforms. It is backed by companies that offer professional support services and allows users to self-manage the system if they choose to do so.
SQLStructured Query Language (SQL) is a commonly used computer language for accessing, manipulating and storing data in relational database management systems. It is the most widely used language of its kind, due to its specific syntax which is designed to make the process of data management easier. SQL is used for a variety of activities, including inserting data into databases and making modifications to existing data. Although most programming tools are compatible with SQL, many developers opt for using an already existing data collection rather than spending extra time manually changing the data.
Python frameworksPython frameworks are designed to streamline the development process, by removing the requirement to set up lower-level components such as sockets, protocols, or threads. The Django framework is one of the most widely used frameworks, and there are also other frameworks such as Flask, Web2Py and Bottle available. By making use of a Python framework, developers may save time, as they will no longer need to write code that requires debugging.
Python librariesThe Python Package Index (PyPI) is a clear indication that Python boasts a vast and varied selection of open-source packages. Each module can be downloaded and installed independently, allowing Python software developers to build applications that are tailored to their specific needs. When creating software for a certain purpose, this adaptability allows coders to avoid having to start from scratch. Programming with Python libraries is less complex than beginning from the ground up, as much of the code has already been written, eliminating the need for duplication.
Version managementVersion control systems (VCS) are an important tool for software developers, aiding them in the creation and management of the codebase. They are essential for software engineers of all levels, regardless of how long it has been since they were first exposed to them. VCS are widely used across many industries, as they provide a comprehensive history of the development process and are essential for efficient functioning of a wide range of enterprises.
Where can I get remote Python/PostgreSQL development jobs?
At Works, we are committed to helping Python/PostgreSQL developers reach their full potential. We offer the best remote development jobs in Python/PostgreSQL, giving you an opportunity to work with the latest technologies and tackle challenging technical and business problems. Join our growing community of top-level developers to find full-time, long-term remote development positions that come with higher pay and better promotion prospects.
Responsibilities at work
- Use Python programming to create scalable application architectures.
- Create effective solutions for systems, databases, user interfaces, and online services.
- Examine current software solutions for opportunities for improvement.
- Conduct several unit tests to guarantee that the apps’ functionality is enhanced.
- Create and deploy applications that are dependable, low-latency, and highly performant.
- Throughout the development phase, use the finest security measures.
- Investigate, study, and apply new technologies, best practices in design, and usability patterns to development processes.
- Implement and maintain technological solutions to meet company needs.
- To satisfy database code needs, collaborate with product managers, data analysts, and developers.
- Maintain the database code and structures’ efficiency, integrity, and quality.
- Engineering or computer science bachelor’s/master’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of Python programming and large-scale data management expertise (rare exceptions for highly skilled developers)
- Excellent command of the Python Django framework Knowledge of PostgreSQL stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views
- Capability to work with big data sets
- Experience with MVC and event-driven programming Experience with database architecture and data modelling Experience with SQL and REST APIs
- GIT and software configuration management knowledge
- To communicate successfully, you must be fluent in English.
- Work full-time (40 hours per week) with a 4-hour overlap with US time zones
- Knowledge of Linux system administration
- Knowledge of ETL ideas, data structures, and algorithms
- IoT Protocols and Network Architectures Concept
- Accessibility and security compliance knowledge
- Clear understanding of Agile delivery approaches such as Scrum and Kanban
- Outstanding organisational, communication, and leadership abilities
- Excellent technical, analytical, and problem-solving abilities