Recruit RESTful API/AWS Engineers
REST (Representational State Transfer) and RESTful APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) are now widely utilized in the modern technology industry since they fulfill the REST design principles and enable communication with RESTful web services. Most RESTful APIs consist of a set of standards and specifications for building and configuring applications. Moreover, the API designs may differ based on the specific requirements of a business or product. RESTful APIs have gained immense popularity among developers because of the numerous benefits they offer.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has established itself as a leading cloud service provider across the globe. AWS is a cloud computing platform that has played a significant role in the digital transformation of businesses. AWS offers servers, storage, networking, remote computing, email, mobile development, and security features, which developers can use for various projects and optimize their application programming interfaces (APIs) for better efficiency and scalability. Research estimates suggest that AWS caters to over a third of the cloud market, emphasising the importance of having AWS engineers with API development skills in many businesses.
As the industry as a whole strives to reap the rewards of digital transformation, the importance of API development and leveraging Amazon Web Services (AWS) is expected to grow. Most businesses today rely on cloud-based services to run their operations. Therefore, developers with expertise in API design, development, distribution, and maintenance can use their skills to advance their careers. Additionally, working with AWS and related technologies can prove to be immensely advantageous for organizations worldwide looking to capitalize on digital transformation.
What does RESTful API/AWS Development Involve?
As the significance of efficient cloud solutions and digital sales funnels grows, it is evident that professionals will reap the benefits of better job opportunities. For instance, RESTful APIs and cloud services enable cost-effective and accessible software, facilitating businesses to reach out to more potential customers via technology. As such, these technologies have become an ideal solution for meeting current corporate requirements.
The use of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) has surged, making them two of the most widely leveraged technologies today. These technologies often underpin customer-facing solutions, streamlining numerous tasks. The worldwide prevalence of APIs and cloud services, like AWS, stems from more than just technological advantages. Developers tend to favour these systems, which means that the community support is ample. Moreover, these technologies offer a plethora of third-party connectors that enhance application performance.
If you aspire to establish a successful career in the software development industry, acquiring in-depth knowledge of RESTful API and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is crucial for accessing desired opportunities and making a valuable contribution to large-scale projects. A robust understanding of these technologies will prove immensely advantageous in accomplishing your professional objectives.
What are the Responsibilities of a RESTful API/AWS Engineer?
When serving as a RESTful API or AWS developer, your responsibilities will involve contributing to different aspects of a software development project. This encompasses activities such as building, managing, and designing web applications and constructing back-end components. Developers are also expected to possess a thorough understanding of CI/CD pipelines to enhance project performance. Moreover, API experts should be well-versed in various business domains and capable of addressing and resolving arising issues. All these elements are crucial for generating solutions that are highly valuable.
As a RESTful API/AWS developer, your daily responsibilities may include:
- Developing, maintaining, and creating web applications, user interfaces, and backend components.
- Monitoring in-app data using web-based analytics.
- Developing, configuring, and managing continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines for server-based technologies. Learn more about designing for resilience in a workplace microservice architecture here.
- Working alongside cross-functional teams to develop scalable solutions.
- Deploying advanced software and cloud security features and protocols.
- Staying abreast of emerging technological advancements to identify optimal solutions.
- Developing and building RESTful APIs and services.
- Contributing to the software development life cycle.
- Defining project parameters and conducting feasibility testing.
- Delivering high-quality outputs on time and with minimal supervision.
What are the steps to becoming a RESTful API/AWS engineer?
RESTful APIs are becoming increasingly popular in the development world. To succeed in the software development industry, developers must stay up-to-date on the latest trends and development methodologies. Companies seek developers with proficiency in current technical stacks, and expertise in creating corporate applications. Successful IT organizations also value developers skilled in the most relevant coding languages for their industry. Additionally, staying informed about the best practices associated with current technologies is crucial for delivering quality solutions. Possessing a specific set of essential skills can help you achieve your professional aspirations.
If you aspire to become a RESTful API/AWS engineer, this section provides a detailed understanding of the essential competencies. By familiarizing yourself with the attributes that define a modern RESTful API/AWS engineer, you can gain valuable insights into the career path and the required qualifications.
Requirements to become a RESTful API/AWS engineer
To achieve success as a RESTful API/AWS developer, in-depth knowledge and proficiency of essential skills are necessary.
RESTful designREST, or representational state transfer, is a unique software architecture approach that facilitates web application design and development.
Representational State Transfer (REST) is a widely adopted architectural style that has become a critical element of modern software projects. Renowned for its flexibility and scalability, REST enables developers to automate a range of activities, accept various call types, return diverse data formats, and even modify the architecture through hypermedia implementation. Therefore, RESTful APIs help define a set of constraints on web application behavior.
Cloud Computing ServicesA comprehensive understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform is crucial to stay competitive in the job market. As an aspiring API developer with AWS experience, it is essential to have detailed knowledge of AWS products and services, including pricing, availability, models, and other associated data. AWS is currently a leading service provider in the industry, powering a significant portion of the internet. Therefore, gaining expertise in the AWS suite of services can be an advantage for those pursuing a successful career in API development or any other relevant technical specialization.
MVCModel View Controller (MVC) is a well-established software architecture that divides applications into individual logical components. It utilizes components such as models, views, and controllers to create new applications. MVC is one of the most popular web development frameworks for building extendable and scalable solutions. Over the years, the framework has been widely used in various projects, making it a preferred choice for many developers. The framework not only remains reliable but also allows developers to integrate third-party connectors to enhance performance and functionality.
Version Control SoftwareToday, nearly all software development projects utilise small code modules to enhance the stability of applications and enable developers to modify the codebase without affecting the program’s integrity. To track changes and perform various activities, developers use version control systems. These solutions are designed to provide stability to software development teams and make programs scalable. One of the most valuable benefits of these programs is the ability to revert to a stable version when necessary. Possessing expertise in versioning tools has become a prerequisite for creating solutions that can leverage these advantages.
Interpersonal skillsHaving a robust technical competence is vital for success in today’s software development landscape. However, equally important is the ability to communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders. There is a need to be confident and fluent in the relevant programming languages to meet professional standards. Additionally, with the increasing number of remote roles, developers must possess excellent communication skills to operate successfully in a cross-functional, collaborative environment.
What are the options to find a job as a Remote Full-stack RESTful API/Go Developer?
Leading software development organizations often look to recruit experienced engineers who possess a deep understanding of diverse businesses and their specific requirements. Employers seek developers who demonstrate a genuine interest in working with the latest tools and technologies. Having in-depth knowledge of relevant technologies, coupled with proficiency in key areas such as RESTful APIs and AWS, can contribute to producing high-quality solutions. Additionally, developers must be familiar with user requirements to improve application usability and performance. Therefore, to maximize opportunities for RESTful API/AWS engineering roles, it is crucial to continuously expand one’s technical skill set.
Works is rapidly emerging as a leading platform for developers seeking to advance their career as a remote RESTful API/AWS developer. We offer developers the opportunity to tackle challenging projects and solve complex business problems using the latest technology. Join the world’s fastest-growing network of top developers and secure employment as a full-time, long-term remote RESTful API/AWS developer with highly competitive compensation packages.
- Develop a REST API using AWS Services.
- Establish, deploy, and manage the AWS cloud infrastructure configuration.
- Develop robust and scalable data pipelines in AWS.
- Develop AWS solutions that are sustainable for the future.
- Contemporary architecture and design of Big Data pipelines
- Develop scalable, high-level Python and PySpark code.
- Stay up to date with the latest best practices in software engineering.
- Be accountable for documenting decisions, resolutions, and issues.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Applicants should have at least three years of professional experience in cloud computing, application programming interface (API) development, and automation. Highly qualified candidates may be considered even if they do not meet these criteria.
- Proficiency in developing REST APIs and APIs
- Familiarity with AWS Services (S3, Redshift, DynamoDb, RDS, EMR, Kinesis)
- Expertise in Nodejs, SQL (SP), RDS Aurora, Serverless, and EC2 is necessary.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines (GIT, Bash Script, Groovy, Ansible)
- Thorough comprehension of Big Data technologies and procedures
- Strong understanding of Lambda architectures
- Familiarity with open source workflow management systems like Apache Airflow
- Proficiency in English is necessary for effective communication.
- Work a full-time schedule (40 hours per week) with at least a 4-hour overlap with US time zones
- Comprehension of networking concepts and protocols
- Familiarity with AWS Glue data integration and ETL tool
- Exceptional understanding of Spark/Scala
- Prior experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills