Hire Ruby on Rails Developers
Ruby on Rails engineers are tasked with the development and upkeep of web-based applications, as well as providing technical assistance to clients. They specialise in server-side programming, while also having the capacity to work on the front-end, such as user interfaces and the overall user experience.
As a Ruby on Rails developer, you will be accountable for the maintenance and debugging of existing web applications, in addition to developing back-end components and integrating front-end components. Furthermore, you will be responsible for incorporating data storage options into the system.
What opportunities exist for Ruby on Rails developers?
A Ruby on Rails Developer is an experienced web or software developer who has a comprehensive understanding and expertise in the Ruby on Rails framework. This type of developer typically works for software companies or within the IT departments of larger corporations. They are equipped with the necessary skills to develop and maintain web applications, create databases, and debug code.
As the digital landscape continues to expand and evolve, so too does the requirement for website and app development. Ruby and Rails developers play a critical role in this process, creating back-end components that enable applications to be connected to other web services, as well as aiding front-end developers in the integration of their work with the application.
Ruby on Rails developers are often tasked with creating back-end components that enable applications to be linked to other web services, as well as integrating front-end developer work with the application. Such components provide a crucial link between the front-end and back-end of applications, allowing for the efficient and effective development of both.
If you are looking to advance your career in mobile application development, a Ruby on Rails developer position would be an ideal fit. Before making a decision, it is important to evaluate your skills, experience and knowledge of the domain. Ruby on Rails specialists are highly sought-after due to their expertise and proficiency in the field, so if you feel you possess the necessary qualifications, this may be the perfect opportunity for you to take your career to the next level.
What are the duties and obligations of a Ruby on Rails developer?
As your professional journey progresses, you may find yourself taking on more responsibilities or assuming leadership positions. Our career map for Ruby On Rails Developers can help you identify and achieve your career goals.
Ruby on Rails developers use the framework to create server-side web application solutions. In other words, they use Ruby on Rails to create cutting-edge websites and web applications with the benefit of speed, efficiency, and versatility. This makes it ideal for a variety of projects, such as e-commerce sites, websites, intranet sites, or content management systems (CMS).
What can Ruby on Rails developers expect to perform on a daily basis as part of their jobs? Among the most common assignments are:
- Creating, creating, testing, and deploying new Ruby software and web applications
- Developing back-end components and connecting them to front-end components
- Putting current Ruby software to the test and improving it
- Software documentation creation
- Providing Ruby-specific information and suggestions to customers
- API development, management, and maintenance
- Collaboration between project managers, front-end developers, designers, and other stakeholders throughout the project’s life cycle
- Measure and enhance a website’s or application’s speed and scalability.
- Integrate server-side logic with front-end developers.
- Participate in development life cycle tasks such as task estimate and sprint planning.
- When required, troubleshooting
How can I get started as a Ruby on Rails developer?
If you have an affinity for coding, computers and the Information Technology (IT) industry, then a remote Ruby on Rails developer position may be an attractive career option for you. This type of job offers an engaging and fulfilling experience, as well as a lucrative financial reward.
You’ll need three things: education, accreditation, and experience.
- In addition to a comprehensive understanding of the Ruby programming language, employers typically expect that potential Ruby developers hold a college degree or higher education credential. A Bachelor of Science in either Computer Science or Information Technology is highly desirable.
- In addition to the traditional education and qualifications provided by educational institutions, there is now an abundance of certificate courses and training programs offered by private companies and organisations. Pursuing one of these credentials could be an effective way to create a more attractive and competitive resume.
- Having a comprehensive understanding of Ruby on Rails libraries, such as Rescue and RSpec, in addition to the ability to produce high-quality Ruby code, would be a great asset. Furthermore, familiarity with code versioning systems, including Git, GitHub, SVN, and Mercurial, could also be beneficial.
- In addition to the aforementioned three prerequisites, you will need a platform to showcase your talents, skills, and qualifications. Crafting a professional resume that highlights your experience with Ruby on Rails is essential.
Qualifications for becoming a Ruby on Rails developer
As a Ruby on Rails Developer, it is essential to have the ability to interpret requirements and convert them into comprehensive specifications. Additionally, strong mathematics and problem-solving capabilities are required. Furthermore, having excellent interpersonal skills is critical for success in this role, as developers often collaborate with others. Additionally, a Ruby on Rails Developer must be able to keep up with the ever-evolving IT industry, staying up-to-date with the latest changes, launches, and releases. It is also necessary to have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
Ruby AbilitiesWhen constructing a website, it is necessary to have a solid understanding of the Ruby on Rails framework, as this is developed using the Ruby programming language. Writing code in Ruby is essential in order to ensure that the end product is of the highest quality. Having a strong foundation in Ruby is key in order to ensure that the website is optimally developed and functions as expected.
HTMLWhen working with Ruby on Rails, it is essential for developers to have a solid understanding of HTML in order to create and utilise HTML tags effectively. Therefore, it is paramount that any applicant for a Ruby on Rails development role possess excellent HTML skills to ensure that expectations are met.
SQL Database KnowledgeHaving a thorough understanding of Structured Query Language (SQL) is essential for anyone involved in web development. This is especially true for developers working with the active records of Ruby on Rails, which often contain SQL code. An experienced Ruby on Rails engineer will not only recognise potential issues that may arise on the web, but also be able to interpret logs accurately and concisely.
MySQL/PostgreSQLMySQL is a widely recognised database management system that will remain an essential part of the web development landscape for years to come. As such, it is recommended that Ruby on Rails developers possess an understanding of the database engine.
Handling and administration of toolsCreating a website requires a significant investment of resources. Examples of tools often used in the development of successful online applications include GIT, Trello, Pivotal, Asana, Docker, Continuous Integration, and Heroku. Utilising these tools can help ensure that the website is built in a timely and effective manner.
Where can I get remote Ruby on Rails developer jobs?
You must stand out while applying for a remote job since you will be competing with people from all over the nation.
Are you looking to find a remote Ruby and Rails development job? If so, it is essential to determine if you possess a specialised skill set that is in high demand. Additionally, if you have significant experience in the field and are looking for a full-time position with a top-tier IT company, you should take the time to assess if a remote role is the best option for you. To ensure that you are able to work from the comfort of your own home, it is important to verify that at least one of the criteria described above is applicable to you.
At Works, we are committed to helping you reach your professional goals as a Ruby on Rails developer. We offer the greatest remote jobs in the industry, so you can work on complex technical and commercial challenges using the latest technologies to develop your skills quickly. Plus, you can join a thriving international community of the best Ruby on Rails developers and find a full-time, long-term position with increased salary and potential for career advancement.
Responsibilities at work
- Connect front-end components to server-side logic.
- Keep data flowing between the server and the users.
- Create features that are durable, secure, and scalable.
- The architecture of contemporary tools and runtimes for code operation must be clearly defined in order to ensure successful implementation. This includes integration, development, SCRUM methodology, code standards, and refactoring. Integration is necessary to ensure that different tools and technologies can work together in a cohesive manner. Development refers to the process of creating the actual code that will be used to build the desired program. SCRUM methodology is used to track the progress of the project and to coordinate tasks between team members. Code standards help to ensure that code is written in a clear and consistent manner. Finally, refactoring is a process of improving the design or structure of existing code with minimal changes to its external behaviour.
- Work with product owners to deliver products in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer Science Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails development experience (rare exceptions for highly skilled candidates)
- Working familiarity of the Ruby programming language as well as common libraries such as RSpec and Resque is required.
- REST API design and service development experience
- English fluency is required for collaboration with engineering management.
- The capacity to work full-time (40 hours per week) with a 4-hour time difference with US time zones.
- Salesforce integration and Webhooks expertise
- Unix/Linux environment experience, including basic commands and scripting
- Strong understanding of code versioning tools (Git, Merging, Branching, Pull Requests, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of continuous integration, deployment, and monitoring
- Knowledge of server-side CSS preprocessors