Recruit SaaS Development Experts
In the rapidly changing world of technology, businesses must constantly adapt to remain competitive. New innovations surface every day across the globe, and those working in the tech industry must stay updated to keep pace with the latest trends. This holds especially true for SaaS development roles. Highly desirable, remote SaaS developer positions show a high demand, with a shortage of qualified professionals to fulfil them. Therefore, people with pertinent expertise and experience in developing software-as-a-service products should find a wealth of opportunities available.
The Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) market is rapidly growing, which in turn amplifies the competition for SaaS developer roles. If you wish to pursue a career in this expanding industry, refining your skills is a key way to secure remote SaaS developer employment. Possessing the right qualifications can make you a valuable asset to any business utilizing SaaS technology.
What is the precise extent of SaaS Development?
Major industry giants, such as Microsoft and Oracle, have adopted Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) owing to benefits provided by subscription-based pricing. The rising preference to adopt a SaaS consumption model is increasing pressure on businesses to transition their software solutions to this format quickly.
The cost of owning on-premises and software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions is similar, hence the tendency to adopt SaaS solutions is expected to rise in forthcoming years. This is because customers can access identical product features through a subscription-based payment system. As a result of this trend, industry leaders including IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, and SAP are expected to maintain their market share.
The Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) sector exhibits an 18% annual growth rate, and it is anticipated that by 2022, almost 99% of companies will have adopted one or more SaaS solutions. This trend is particularly evident in small businesses, with 78% having already invested in SaaS. Furthermore, SaaS use in the healthcare industry is seeing a significant uptick with an annual growth rate of 20%.
Are these figures motivating you to pursue remote SaaS developer roles? To gain a more extensive insight into the extra advantages, let us investigate further.
What are the tasks and responsibilities of a SaaS Developer?
The primary obligation of a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) developer is to successfully bring the product to life. To achieve success in this role, it is crucial for them to possess a deep comprehension of the monetization strategy, the preferences and requirements of the target audience, and the technologies necessary for product development. Therefore, an adept SaaS developer should have extensive knowledge of both the industry and the technical skills required to create the product.
The developer decides the number of features to incorporate in both product and service upgrades.
The team holds the responsibility of establishing connections between the product and other services via application programming interfaces (APIs), while ensuring that the platform is both secure and dependable, and has scalability.
Now, let’s explore the job responsibilities that will come with obtaining remote SaaS developer employment.
- Develop systems, platforms, and infrastructure using their expertise in distributed and large-scale storage systems.
- Formulate, build, and design software along with its features for testing, deployment, maintenance, and updates.
- Apply technical expertise to effectively manage project timelines, priorities, and deliverables.
- Guide and mentor junior team members as they gain insights into design methodologies and code standards.
- Address and resolve bottlenecks as and when required.
What is the process of becoming a SaaS developer?
It is noteworthy that a formal education is not a prerequisite for pursuing a career in SaaS development. Regardless of whether one holds a degree or not, they can still acquire the required skills and embark on a successful career in SaaS development. The key lies in having practical knowledge and comprehension of key technical and non-technical skills associated with this field.
Although acquiring a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline is not mandatory to become a remote Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) developer, possessing such a degree can prove advantageous. It may offer better insights into computer programming and web development, which can aid in mastering SaaS development. Moreover, many employers mandate a specific degree for prospective SaaS developers, thus improving employment prospects.
To tackle any challenges that may come up, in-depth research is crucial. Developing coding skills and accumulating relevant work experience can make obtaining a remote Software as a Service (SaaS) developer position relatively straightforward. A well-crafted SaaS developer curriculum vitae (CV) can further enhance the chances of leaving a positive impression on prospective employers.
Now, let’s examine the skills and strategies that corporations seek in SaaS developers.
Requirements for becoming a SaaS developer
Acquiring the necessary skills is the initial step in obtaining SaaS developer employment. The essential proficiencies are outlined below.
PythonPython is a versatile, high-level programming language famous for its significant indentation-based design philosophy which enhances code readability. Its broad spectrum of language features and object-oriented methodology can be particularly advantageous for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) developers, empowering them to build robust and logical applications for projects of varying sizes. Developing comprehensive proficiency in Python can prove invaluable for SaaS professionals, enabling them to showcase their programming prowess and distinguish themselves during remote job interviews.
Database DesignThe role of a software-as-a-service (SaaS) developer includes deciding which data points to preserve and how they connect with one another. They can then start mapping the data to the appropriate database model. Data is managed and stored correctly with the use of a database management system.
Database ManagementDatabase administration serves as a critical aid for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) developers, providing them with the ability to store, organize, and retrieve data from a computer system. This encompasses data storage, operations, and security protocols handled by the Database Administrator (DBA) throughout the lifespan of the data. It also enables the amalgamation of various disparate datasets into a unified entity.
DjangoDjango is an open-source web framework created by skilled software-as-a-service (SaaS) developers. Its purpose is to simplify the process of developing SaaS applications. This framework handles the majority of the technical aspects, enabling developers to focus on the core features of their applications instead of reinventing the wheel.
JQueryJQuery is a free and open-source software created to assist Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) developers in building their platforms. As of May 2019, JQuery was being utilized by 73% of the top ten million websites, with its usage constantly expanding. It is licensed under the permissive MIT Licence.
UI/UXUser Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) design can be advantageous skills for software-as-a-service (SaaS) developers seeking remote work opportunities. Graphic design abilities can also enhance and elevate the overall quality of the final product. UI design, or UI engineering, involves the development of user interfaces for hardware and software applications, with the aim of enhancing usability and user experience.
Where can I search for remote SaaS developer vacancies?
Athletes and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) developers share numerous similarities. In order to excel in their respective domains, they must practice effectively and consistently. Diligently cultivating their abilities over time is critical for making progress. For SaaS developers, focusing on two key aspects is essential: receiving guidance from a specialist with superior skills and success in the development industry, as well as utilizing effective strategies. Understanding the amount of practice required to secure SaaS developer roles is crucial. Seeking advice from experienced developers and being mindful of the possibility of burnout are also important considerations.
At Works, you can select from among the outstanding SaaS development jobs in the industry. These roles provide opportunities for career advancement in SaaS development by enabling you to work with new technologies, tackle various technical and commercial challenges, and collaborate with some of the finest engineers in the world. Additionally, you will be offered full-time, long-term remote employment with a competitive salary, as well as the chance to progress professionally.
- Participate in all Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, including functional analysis, development, prototyping, coding, testing, deployment, and support.
- Take ownership of actualizing the software product’s vision.
- Comprehend consumer demands, the monetization strategy, and then select which technology stack to use for developing the solution.
- Regularly develop new features and improve existing ones. Check out our blog post on new and improved Angular 13 features.
- Assist team members in determining the system architecture.
- Integrate the product with third-party APIs.
- Guarantee the product’s security, scalability, and reliability.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, or information technology (or equivalent experience)
- The role requires a minimum of three years of experience as a SaaS developer (with limited exceptions for exceptionally skilled developers).
- A solid understanding of database design and administration is a must.
- Proficiency in English is necessary for effectively collaborating with engineering management.
- Work full-time (40 hours per week) with a time difference of 4 hours with US time zones. For more information on how outsourcing can give SaaS businesses a competitive edge, check out our blog post on outsourcing to outcompete.
- Familiarity with SaaS systems that are utilized by a large number of subscribers or customers.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in developing and delivering both on-premise and cloud-based solutions (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Proficiency in crafting user-friendly experiences and exceptional visual design skills. For more information on how to create captivating user experiences through predictive design, please see our blog post on predictive design.
- Deployment of measures to ensure data security.