Senior AI/ML Engineers for Hire
The demand for highly skilled developers in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) continues to grow as these technologies evolve and increase in popularity. Although the terms are often used interchangeably, it is important to note that AI and ML are distinct from one another. A well-paid and stable remote career is available to those with the necessary experience and expertise in AI/ML. This has led to the rise of remote senior AI/ML engineer positions as more companies embrace automation.
AI/ML developers typically focus on researching, planning, and producing self-running AI systems that automate predictive models. Remote AI/ML engineer jobs also involve constructing AI algorithms that can learn and make predictions based on ML. This allows engineers to gain valuable insights from the data fed into machine learning algorithms, rather than relying on a predefined set of processes.
Here are some additional facts to consider before applying for remote senior AI/ML engineer jobs. If you’re interested, click here to find out more.
Senior AI/ML Development: What’s Involved?
The high demand for AI/ML engineers in all industries provides job security and numerous opportunities for growth. Established companies and AI startups alike are increasingly interested in AI/ML technology and applications, as reflected in the significant rise in the number of AI startup acquisitions over the years. Since 2010, the number of these acquisitions has more than quadrupled and almost quadrupled between 2015 and 2018.
Recent reports also show that the exponential growth in AI startup funding, which reached 8.5 billion dollars in the first quarter of 2020, has created a surge in demand for highly qualified AI/Machine Learning (ML) developers across all sectors. As a result, finding a remote job as an AI/ML developer is generally not difficult. For more information on job postings in this area, click here.
Responsibilities of a Senior AI/ML Engineer
If you secure a remote senior AI/ML engineer position, the following are some of the most critical tasks you’ll be responsible for:
- The UX team is hand-sketching website layouts on whiteboards, and they need to be turned into final layouts by the Software Development team. To streamline the process, we can use a Machine Learning method to quickly and efficiently convert the whiteboard sketches into the final layouts that the Software Development team needs.
- Employ this strategy to assist organizations in saving time and money by accelerating the feedback loop for website UX modifications.
- By using data from various HotJar users, along with machine learning techniques, pinpoint common sources of user distraction and potential issues.
- Developing a model that combines HotJar and A/B testing results with Google Analytics data and statistics can provide valuable insights for creating more effective web page layouts. This integration can result in increased user engagement and higher customer acquisition, as well as a positive impact on overall customer experience due to increased time spent on the site.
- Assess the effectiveness of various layouts suggested by the UX team.
How to Become a Senior AI/ML Engineer?
Although a high level of expertise and experience is required to work in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, anyone passionate about the subject and capable of carrying out the duties of a Senior AI/ML Developer can attain a remote Senior AI/ML Engineer position.
If you’re interested in becoming an AI/ML engineer, there are several paths you can take. Pursuing a college degree is one of the most common routes, providing individuals with the credentials and background knowledge necessary for the profession. However, it can be expensive and time-consuming, and some individuals may not be eligible due to poor high school grades.
Enrolling in a boot camp program is a viable alternative to a traditional degree, as it emphasizes teaching the necessary languages for applying to senior AI/ML engineering positions, both in-person and remotely. This option can be more cost-effective and quicker than a traditional degree program, depending on the specific boot camp you choose.
Regardless of which path you take to become a remote senior Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning engineer, there are numerous opportunities for advancement and a promising future ahead.
Requirements for a Senior AI/ML Engineer
Acquiring the necessary skills and knowledge is the first step in securing a rewarding position as a Senior AI/ML Engineer. To gain a better understanding of these technical abilities, let’s take a closer look at each of them.
Data CollectionOne of the most crucial steps in designing Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning systems is pre-processing and storing the raw data they produce. To process, clean, and store data as new information is created, developers must build Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) pipelines that enable analytics and predictions. AI/ML developers and data scientists should also be able to identify data models and connect data science solutions with software development principles.
Data AnalysisDemonstrating expertise in data analysis is crucial for success in interviews for remote Senior AI/ML Engineer positions. This entails being capable of performing experimental data analysis on a dataset to detect any anomalies or patterns, as well as conducting hypothesis testing. Moreover, it is vital to be able to generate summary statistics, develop graphical representations for easy data visualization, prepare and cleanse data, and design features that extract further information from the dataset to improve ML models.
Machine Learning ModelsIn order to be successful as an AI/ML Developer, an in-depth understanding of machine learning methods and their most effective applications is crucial. This knowledge must be supplemented with expertise in advanced algorithms, including artificial neural networks, to perform complex tasks such as picture classification, object identification, facial recognition, machine translation, and dialogue synthesis. To secure the most desirable remote Senior AI/ML Engineer positions, mastery of these skills is essential.
SecuritySecurity is a fundamental aspect of any software solution, particularly those involving Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML). Before pursuing remote Senior AI/ML Engineer positions, it is crucial to grasp the significance of data security and how to correctly implement it. Although data preparation is a necessary step for ML models, access to the data should be strictly limited to relevant personnel and applications. Securing the data is a skill that must be mastered to ensure the success of any AI/ML system.
Real-World Project ExperiencePossessing extensive knowledge of AI/ML is crucial for any aspiring AI/ML Developer. However, applying this knowledge to actual projects and activities is equally important. Building a portfolio that showcases a completed AI/ML development project from start to finish can be a powerful tool in persuading potential employers of your abilities and aptitude. Such a portfolio can help to unlock doors to desirable remote Senior AI/ML Engineer positions.
Where to Find Remote Senior AI/ML Engineer Jobs?
In the present job market, the demand for remote Senior AI/ML Engineers is rapidly rising. As new technologies are emerging and more individuals are entering the field, it is crucial to stay informed of the latest developments to maintain a competitive edge. To excel in this highly competitive field, one must always strive to do their best work and remain consistently diligent. Staying up-to-date with industry changes enables you to stay ahead of the curve and continue to advance in your career.
At Works, we offer the best remote Senior AI/ML Engineer jobs to help you achieve your career aspirations. Our platform provides you with opportunities to hone your expertise and tackle challenging technical assignments alongside experienced engineers all over the world. You can find exceptional full-time, long-term remote Senior AI/ML Engineer positions that provide competitive salaries and possibilities for career progression. Join our global network of accomplished Senior AI/ML Engineers and take the next step in your career!
- Employ advanced approaches in machine learning, deep learning, and NLP/NLU.
- Collaborate with Artificial Intelligence researchers, Artificial Intelligence Engineers, and Product Managers to explore software concepts, conduct experiments, and develop new products that satisfy customer demand. By working together, we can ensure that our products are built to the highest standard, increasing our chances of success in the market.
- Contribute to containerization, orchestration, and DevOps deployment of state-of-the-art AI systems to accelerate delivery and enhance maintenance.
- Employ company SDLC and enable CI/CD deployment of microservices to design and deliver software solutions.
- Evidence the usefulness, applicability, and performance of final products.
- Simplify complex AI/ML issues and make them comprehensible and accessible to company managers by eliminating unnecessary complexity.
- Develop and maintain pipelines for data augmentation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to devise objectives, concepts, and deliverables, while also mentoring junior developers/engineers.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or the equivalent experience) in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Statistics, or Mathematics.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the role of an AI/ML Engineer is required, except in cases where highly skilled Engineers are considered.
- Thorough knowledge of machine learning, AI, and software engineering fundamentals.
- Possess outstanding expertise in machine learning techniques such as regression, classification, clustering, and data modeling.
- My level of expertise in managing production systems that use deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch, as well as workflow technologies like Kubeflow, is highly proficient.
- Stay updated with the latest AI/ML technological advancements.
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages, such as Python and R.
- Efficient communication requires a strong command of the English language.
- Must work full-time (40 hours per week) with a 4-hour overlap with US time zones.
- Proficiency with advanced software tools, libraries, and languages, as well as GPU and image recognition, is required.
- Ability to measure, understand, and troubleshoot interconnected systems.
- Thorough understanding of Frequentist and Bayesian statistics.
- Familiarity with Git and DevOps technologies.
- Comprehension of the Spark and Databricks platforms.
- Familiarity with cloud services such as Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- Extensive experience working in an Agile/Scrum context.
- Exceptional time management and leadership skills.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.