Hire Senior Android Developers
Being a “senior,” in my opinion, requires the capacity to work independently as well as mentor juniors. A Senior Android Developer is in responsible of designing, creating, and maintaining Android apps.
The Senior Android Developer should exhibit great programming expertise and inventiveness as a specialist with years of experience and dozens of applications in their portfolio. Remote senior android developer jobs would be ideal for someone with exceptional aptitude, logical talents, and algorithmic thinking.
What does Android development entail?
As you advance in your job, you may find yourself taking on additional duties or assuming a leadership position. As part of their job description, a Senior Android Developer must wear numerous hats. With increasing experience, you may begin as a Lead Developer, advance to a position such as Lead Technician, and finally finish up as Development Manager.
Senior Android developers, on the other hand, have a bright future. A slew of new Android-based devices, including Android for self-driving vehicles, Android Biometrix prompts, and Android cameras, will be unveiled. Real-time apps that aid in payment or online transactions are growing more popular, expanding Android’s potential. Google is developing artificial intelligence to improve the performance of phones and processes.
As a consequence, Android will have a lot of commercial potential in the next years, and remote senior android engineers will have a lot of alternatives.
What are the duties and obligations of a senior Android developer?
Senior android developers are programmers in charge of creating and building complex apps for the open-source Android operating system, which is used on smartphones and tablets. These engineers must work closely with cross-functional teams to conceive and create new features for their Android platform.
Here are some senior android developer duties that reflect typical activities they might do in their jobs.
- Collaborate closely with customers to determine their mobility requirements and to understand client success metrics.
- Create and implement mobile solutions that meet the demands of customers while providing world-class user experiences.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Designers, Quality Assurance, and other experts as part of a multi-functional team.
- You’ll be in charge of mobile projects from start to finish, including advising on crucial architectural choices.
- Experience building software and directing development teams on a range of mobile development projects is required.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to younger team members OR act as a domain expert in a certain technology.
- Participate in the Software Development Life Cycle (Agile/SCRUM).
- As a leader, I review code and architecture.
How can I go to the level of senior Android developer?
Choosing the correct major is critical while studying how to become a Senior Android Developer. You could discover that prior job experience will help you become a Senior Android Developer. A senior android developer should have at least 3 to 5 years of commercial expertise in Android programming. Experience requirements may vary depending on the positions and responsibilities.
We observed that the most common majors for Senior Android Developers were Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees when we looked at the most common majors. Associate degrees and diplomas are two more degrees that we regularly see on applications for Senior Android Developers. Many Senior Android Developer positions, in fact, need prior Android Developer expertise. Furthermore, many Senior Android Developers have previously worked as Java Developers or Mobile Application Developers.
You should be an expert in Kotlin, Java, and the Android SDK to be considered for the position of senior android developer. It’s great to have an app available on Google Play. It will be advantageous if you have prior experience working with the Android NDK. Familiarity with best practices in app security and networking protocols is a valuable ability for a senior android developer’s career. An ideal candidate would have prior experience working on high-complexity applications with excellent UI/UX.
In your CV, highlight your Android apps and past job experiences. Attaching a cover letter to your senior android developer resume may be beneficial.
Let’s look at the skills and techniques you’ll need to succeed in remote Android development jobs.
Qualifications for becoming a senior Android developer
Most junior Android developers who already understand the life cycles of Activities and Fragments and know how to create custom views should focus on the abilities mentioned below.
Network TroubleshootingBecause not all client-side issues are caused by front-end faults, you’ll need to know how to utilize at least one of the main network proxy tools, such as Charles, mitmproxy, or Stetho, to find out what’s wrong.
Memory leaks and monitoring useMemory leaks are one of the most dangerous issues that should never be left in an app, therefore (hopefully) all developers will exercise utmost caution. Some engineers might use Memory Analyzer to monitor memory leaks, while others would utilize Leak Canary. Memory usage, on the other hand, is critical; after all, no user wants to run an app that consumes all of their RAM. I’d suggest using Android Monitor to monitor it, and if you discover that your app’s RAM use rises when it’s reopened, you should keep a watch on it and investigate the source before relaunching it.
The ability to reduce overdraftsOverdraw is difficult to resolve since developers must devise an appropriate method for balancing performance and impact requirements provided by customers or designers. However, we should be aware that there are other methods for determining the severity of the overdrawing. For example, you may utilize some of the tools on your Android phone, such as AVD manager/Layout or even Stetho, to see whether the views on your screen affect the speed of your app.
logcatIt’s raw, but it’s functional. Knowing how to filter text or display time on logcat printed logs is, in my view, a very important skill.
Database and cacheYou should be able to debug the cached values in your database. Stetho, once again, is a very handy tool for editing the cached SharedPreferences in your app. SqlLiteManager is another tool that may help you understand the information in your database more clearly.
App evaluationTesting in software engineering does not require going through all of the functionalities to determine whether they work correctly. Writing use cases and executing unit tests are required at the very least. To be a leader, you must develop your soft skills in addition to your technical talents.
Where can I get remote senior android developer jobs?
Athletes and programmers have numerous similarities. To succeed in their trade, they must practice effectively and on a regular basis. They must also put up the required effort to improve their skills over time. To make such progress, developers must concentrate on two essential factors: enlisting the help of someone more experienced and successful in practice ways while practicing and using more effective practice tactics. As a developer, you must know how much to practice, so seek help and watch for indications of burnout!
Works has the greatest remote senior android developer jobs available, all of which are customized to your career objectives as a senior android developer. Working with cutting-edge technology to solve complicated technical and commercial problems may help you develop faster. Join a network of the world’s best developers to get full-time, long-term remote senior android developer jobs with higher pay and opportunities for advancement.
Responsibilities at work
- Work with back-end engineers and product managers to plan, create, and execute high-quality mobile apps.
- Develop scalable mobile solutions and clean, efficient, and reusable mobile components.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and push for best practices in app development.
- Analyze and optimize the application to ensure code quality, efficiency, and performance.
- Create contemporary universal Android apps.
- Troubleshoot production problems and save documentation for future use.
- Estimate the product feature and propose solutions as soon as possible.
- Coordination with multi-faceted teams to generate new ideas, investigate technology, and complete projects on time and under budget.
- Bachelor’s/degree Master’s in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- At least 5 years of professional experience developing mobile applications (rare exceptions for highly skilled developers)
- Proficient in Java and Kotlin, as well as concepts such as Kotlin Coroutines and Android JetPack Components.
- Data structure, algorithm, and logical thinking skills are required.
- Expertise in Android fundamental components such as Activity, Fragment, and Services, as well as profiling, memory management, battery or CPU optimization
- Knowledge of architectural patterns such as MVVM, MVP, and other design patterns
- Strong grasp of web service integration techniques such as REST, JSON, XML, and others.
- Deep understanding of third-party tools or libraries such as Retrofit, Dagger 2, RxJava, and others.
- Extensive knowledge of database fundamentals utilizing SQLite, Room
- Working knowledge of build/release procedures and DevOps activities using technologies such as Jenkins, Git, TFS, JIRA, TeamCity, and others.
- Hands-on expertise with production debugging tools such as ADB DDMS, Crashlytics, and others.
- English fluency is required for good communication.
- Work full-time (40 hours per week) with a 4-hour overlap with US time zones
- Proficient at developing unit tests using Mockito, Robolectric, Junit, and other tools.
- Knowledge of code versioning technologies such as Git
- Knowledge of continuous integration
- Flutter work experience
- Knowledge of cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Outstanding technical, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership abilities