Hire Senior Azure DevOps Engineers
Azure DevOps offers a range of developer services that enable teams to effectively manage their workflows, collaborate on code development, and build and deploy applications. Azure DevOps provides an environment and processes that bring together the best software engineers, project managers, and collaborators to rapidly create and improve products. Organisations have the option to use Azure DevOps Services in the cloud or Azure DevOps Server on-premises.
People seeking to become Azure DevOps Engineers should invest time in understanding the essential components of the subject matter. This will help them to cultivate skills in collaborating with other stakeholders, exploring different approaches, and utilising different technologies. By possessing these key competencies, Azure DevOps users can ensure that the outcomes of their work bring tangible commercial value.
What is the job description for Azure DevOps engineers?
The demand for Azure DevOps engineers has seen a significant increase due to the increased popularity of Azure DevOps services. As cloud services become increasingly common in various industries, the need for professionals with expertise in this field is also growing. For those with prior experience in IT, mastering DevOps is essential in order to further their career. With its many advantages, Azure DevOps is quickly becoming a popular choice and those who specialise in this technology can expect to be well-paid and highly sought-after. Companies are increasingly turning to Azure DevOps to provide more efficient and timely solutions to their clients. Therefore, it is clear that the future of Azure DevOps is incredibly promising.
Azure has an incredibly bright future ahead and is more than just a cloud platform. It is now a fundamental piece of the global interconnected network and will be a key enabler of the next wave of technology, such as data and artificial intelligence.
What are the duties and obligations of an Azure DevOps engineer?
As an Azure DevOps Engineer on the Enterprise Application Rapid Delivery Services team, you will be responsible for creating, implementing, and managing a software development pipeline that automates the process of releasing new software to various platforms. You will work collaboratively with both operations and development teams to ensure that the solutions created meet the company’s needs and are feasible in the firm’s environment. Your main tasks as an Azure DevOps Engineer will include developing and deploying scripts and automation tools to generate, integrate, and publish software releases. Additionally, you will need to monitor the production environment to ensure the successful deployment of software releases.
- Write software spanning from build system automation to automated deployment to improve engineering delivery.
- Incorporate continuous deployment tactics to strengthen our Agile position.
- Cloud app CI and CD solutions must be conceptualised, architected, created, deployed, and updated.
- Create Infrastructure as Code using industry-standard tools and services (IaC).
- To implement application deployment automation, use industry-standard deployment and configuration tools.
- Build and run continuous delivery pipelines for provisioning and running client test and production environments.
- Respond to monitoring alerts and assist the system.
- Implement and stay current on cloud and DevOps best practices and technologies.
- Collaborate with teams to uncover and automate Azure resource provisioning procedures for document automation.
- Troubleshooting Workstation Problems (e.g., proxy, McAfee) CI/CD infrastructure and process troubleshooting (disk space, network issues, etc.).
- CI/CD pipeline support (troubleshooting, support with setting up new projects)
- Work with key stakeholders to identify, analyse, and define DevOps requirements.
How can I get a job as an Azure DevOps engineer?
Candidates who are interested in becoming certified as an Azure DevOps Engineer Expert should have a strong understanding of both Azure Administration and Azure Development. To gain employment as an Azure DevOps Engineer, it is essential to have a comprehensive knowledge of these two core topics. Further information on how to gain a job in this field can be found by continuing to read.
Prior to progressing to the official accreditation, it is essential that you understand and adhere to the specific requirements. In order to acquire the Azure DevOps Engineer Expert certification, you must successfully pass the AZ-400 assessment. To receive the required expert engineer credential, you will only need to pass a single exam. However, there are a few conditions that must be met before you can sit the AZ-400. There are two potential certifications, and you must pursue or possess at least one of them to be qualified to undertake the AZ-400 exam.
It is possible to further enhance one’s credentials as a professional DevOps engineer by obtaining either the Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate or the Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate credential, or by obtaining both. Completing either or both of these credentials may be necessary for the attainment of the professional DevOps engineer accreditation.
Qualifications for becoming an Azure DevOps engineer
Cloud application design necessitates the development of new skills and a different way of thinking when compared to on-premises application development. This is due to the cloud offering enhanced resilience, the potential for global scalability, and services and capabilities that are not offered on-premises. In order to be successful in this new environment, honing current skills and mastering new ones is essential. Listed below are some of the core competencies that are required in order to qualify for an Azure DevOps engineer role.
Fundamentals of Linux and scriptingBusinesses no longer need to worry about relying on proprietary operating systems. We are now in the age of Linux, with the majority of businesses opting to use it to run their applications. Consequently, it is important for an Azure DevOps engineer to be familiar and proficient in the Linux operating system. Furthermore, most configuration management technologies, such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible, offer Linux as their master nodes. DevOps is an automated method that facilitates infrastructure provisioning, and thus an Azure DevOps engineer is expected to be familiar with and able to use at least one scripting language (preferably Python). Consequently, knowledge and experience of Linux and Linux-based programming are essential aspects of a successful DevOps engineer.
Continuous delivery and continuous integrationContinuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) are fundamental components of DevOps, which is a methodology that focuses on the collaboration between developers and operations staff. CI/CD enables teams to continuously integrate code from multiple developers, test it to ensure it meets the required standards, and deploy the successful builds to production. This process is typically automated through the use of scripts, which are used to construct new containers that can be released to production.
DevOps key ideasContrary to popular belief, DevOps is not a technology or a tool, but a methodology that is not bound to any specific set of rules. The purpose of this approach is to facilitate the collaboration between the Development and Operations teams in order to close the gap between them and expedite the completion of tasks. Companies that adhere to this strategy can produce high-quality software at a much faster rate. In order to achieve this, they make use of various tools and processes.
Application scalingThe cloud provides an efficient means of scaling an application in, out, up, and down. With Azure, developers can quickly transition to a more efficient server and add additional application instances, or reduce the number of instances as needed. It is the responsibility of the Azure developer to ensure that when a new instance of an application is created, it remains operational. In cases where global scale is required, Azure offers the Azure Traffic Manager service to direct users to the most efficient application instance based on their geographic location.
Pipeline monitoringIn order to gain an understanding of the operations taking place within a cloud system, it is necessary to build up a pipeline of monitoring and troubleshooting services. Azure Monitor is a useful tool for obtaining a comprehensive overview of the cloud environment, and as an Azure developer, it is your responsibility to implement such services into any application that requires monitoring.
How can I acquire a job as a remote Azure DevOps engineer?
Working as an Azure DevOps engineer can be a highly rewarding experience, offering many compelling benefits. Before you begin pursuing a role in this field, it is important to understand the skills and expertise you need to be equipped with. The Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate certification is the best way to secure a lucrative Azure DevOps engineer position. This certification verifies the knowledge and abilities you have in Azure development, making you a more attractive candidate to employers who are seeking proven cloud platform expertise.
At Works, we are committed to providing the most suitable opportunities for remote Azure DevOps engineers to advance their careers. Our jobs are designed to challenge you in both a business and technological capacity, giving you the opportunity to take advantage of the latest technologies and progress your career faster than ever. Join a community of world-class developers and apply for full-time, long-term remote Azure DevOps engineer jobs that will provide you with a high-income and a faster route to career growth.
Responsibilities at work
- CI and CD systems must be designed, architected, developed, deployed, and evolved.
- Improve your Agile stance by using continuous deployment strategies.
- Use industry-standard tools and services to create Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Use industry-standard deployment and configuration tools to create application deployment automation.
- Collaborate with developers to discover and automate the provisioning of Azure resources.
- Contribute to the troubleshooting of CI/CD infrastructure and processes, particularly CI/CD pipeline assistance.
- Collaboration with key stakeholders is required to gather, evaluate, and develop DevOps needs.
- Implement and keep current on best practices and technologies in the Cloud and DevOps industries.
- Keep accurate records of automation procedures.
- Bachelor’s/degree Master’s in Mathematics, Computer Science, or Information Technology (or equivalent experience)
- At least five years of relevant experience as a software engineer is required.
- 3-4 years of hands-on experience with Azure DevOps is required.
- Experience with continuous delivery and continuous integration of CI/CD pipelines is required.
- Working knowledge of Azure Repos, branching, code review, and code analysis tools.
- Proven familiarity with Git, Git Flow, and Azure DevOps.
- Firm grip on several DevSecOps ideas and technologies, including Azure DevOps, Pipelines, GitHub, and GitHub activities.
- Extensive knowledge of Kubernetes and containerization technologies such as Docker and Azure Container Registry.
- Excellent command of PowerShell scripting, Azure CLI, and ARM templates.
- Working knowledge of REST APIs and consuming from .Net Technologies and PowerShell.
- Understanding of Azure Databricks and Azure Machine Learning Service, as well as its architecture and frameworks.
- To successfully interact with teams, you must be fluent in English.
- Work full-time (40 hours a week) with a 4-hour overlap with US time zones.
- Azure Functions knowledge.
- Working knowledge of API Integration, API Design, and Progressive Web Application (PWA) is preferred.
- Accreditations in Azure DevOps and Azure Data Engineering are desired.
- Outstanding presentation and coding skills.
- Excellent analytical and communication abilities.