Engage Skilled Azure DevOps Specialists
Collaboration in code development, efficient product building, and application deployment are made possible by the range of developer services that Azure DevOps offers to teams. The environment and processes provided by Azure DevOps bring together the most skilled software engineers, experienced project managers, and collaborators to rapidly create and enhance products. An organisation’s preference for using Azure DevOps Services in the cloud or Azure DevOps Server on-premises is also catered for.
Individuals aiming to become Azure DevOps Engineers should invest time in comprehending the fundamental components of the subject matter. By possessing skills in collaborating with other stakeholders, exploring different approaches, and utilising different technologies, Azure DevOps users can maximise the commercial value of their work.
What are the responsibilities of Azure DevOps Engineers?
The increasing preference for Azure DevOps services has led to a rise in demand for skilled Azure DevOps Engineers. As cloud services continue to dominate various industries, professionals with expertise in this field are becoming increasingly relevant. Those with an IT background must master DevOps to advance their careers. Azure DevOps, with its numerous benefits, is quickly gaining popularity and experts of this technology can expect lucrative and high demand job opportunities. Companies are embracing Azure DevOps to deliver more effective and timely solutions to their clients. It is evident that Azure DevOps has an incredibly promising future.
Azure is more than just a cloud platform and has a bright future ahead. It is a vital component of the global interconnected network and is poised to support the next wave of technology, including data and artificial intelligence.
What are the responsibilities and obligations of Azure DevOps Engineers?
As an Azure DevOps Engineer within the Enterprise Application Rapid Delivery Services team, your primary responsibility is to create, implement, and manage a software development pipeline that streamlines the process of releasing new software across various platforms. Your obligations involve collaboration with both the operations and development teams to ensure that the solutions developed align with the company’s requirements and are practical within the organisation’s setting. Your key tasks as an Azure DevOps Engineer include creating and deploying scripts and automation tools for generating, integrating and publishing software releases. Furthermore, you need to monitor the production environment’s performance to ensure a successful deployment of software releases.
- Develop software solutions, including build system automation and automated deployment, to enhance engineering delivery.
- Utilise continuous deployment strategies to reinforce our Agile stance.
- Design, develop, deploy, and update cloud app CI and CD solutions.
- Construct Infrastructure as Code (IaC) utilising industry-standard tools and services.
- Employ deployment and configuration tools adhering to industry standards to enact application deployment automation.
- Develop and execute continuous delivery pipelines responsible for provisioning and operating client test and production environments.
- Address monitoring alerts and aids in system management.
- Incorporate and remain updated on cloud and DevOps methodologies and technologies.
- Work closely with teams to identify and automate Azure resource provisioning processes for document automation.
- Resolve workstation issues such as proxy and McAfee whilst also troubleshooting CI/CD infrastructure and processes (such as network issues and disk space).
- Provide support for CI/CD pipelines, including troubleshooting and setting up new projects.
- Collaborate with essential stakeholders to identify, examine, and define DevOps necessities.
What are the steps to become an Azure DevOps engineer?
If you aspire to become a certified Azure DevOps Engineer Expert, you must possess a strong understanding of Azure Administration and Azure Development. Having a comprehensive knowledge of these two core topics is crucial to securing employment as an Azure DevOps Engineer. More information on how to pursue a career in this field is available below.
Before advancing to attaining official accreditation, specific requirements must be met and adhered to. To obtain the Azure DevOps Engineer Expert certification, passing the AZ-400 assessment is mandatory. You can earn the required expert engineer credential by passing a single exam, but certain conditions must be met before you can take the AZ-400. There are two potential certifications, and you must hold at least one of them or actively pursue to be eligible to undertake the AZ-400 exam.
You can further enhance your credentials as a professional DevOps engineer by obtaining either the Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate or the Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate certification, or by earning both. Completing one or both of these certifications may be necessary to attain professional DevOps engineer accreditation.
What are the requirements to become an Azure DevOps engineer?
Designing cloud applications requires the acquisition of new skills and a modified thought process compared to on-premises application development. This can be attributed to the cloud’s ability to offer improved resilience, potential for global scalability, and services and capabilities that are otherwise unavailable on-premises. To be successful in this new environment, it is vital to fine-tune existing abilities and master new ones. Below are some of the primary competencies necessary to qualify for a Azure DevOps engineer position.
Proficiency in Linux and ScriptingProprietary operating systems are no longer a major concern for businesses as we are currently in the era of Linux, with a majority of them utilizing it to operate their applications. As a result, being familiar and skilled with the Linux operating system is crucial for an Azure DevOps engineer. In addition, most configuration management technologies, such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible, employ Linux as their master nodes. DevOps is an automated infrastructure provisioning method, and therefore, an Azure DevOps engineer should be able to use at least one scripting language (preferably Python). As such, knowledge and experience in Linux and Linux-based programming are critical components of a successful DevOps engineer.
Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)CI/CD are crucial aspects of DevOps, a methodology that emphasizes collaboration between developers and operations personnel. CI/CD enables teams to consistently integrate code from various developers, test it for compliance with standards, and deploy successful builds to production. This process is commonly automated through the use of scripts that create new containers which can be released to production.
Core Principles of DevOpsDevOps is a methodology rather than a technology or a tool, unbound by any specific set of rules. The primary objective of this approach is to encourage collaboration between Development and Operations teams, bridging the gap and speeding up task completion. Utilizing various tools and processes, companies can create high-quality software more efficiently.
Scaling ApplicationsThe cloud provides a streamlined method of scaling applications, whether in, out, up, or down. In Azure, developers can easily shift to a more efficient server and add or remove application instances as required. The Azure developer has the responsibility of guaranteeing that when a new application instance is created, it remains functional. For situations where global scale is needed, Azure offers the Azure Traffic Manager service which directs users to the optimal application instance based on their geographical location.
Monitoring PipelinesBuilding a pipeline of monitoring and troubleshooting services is essential for comprehending operations happening within a cloud system. Azure Monitor is a valuable tool for gaining a comprehensive view of the cloud environment, and as an Azure developer, integrating such services into any monitored application is your responsibility.
What are the steps to obtain a remote job as an Azure DevOps engineer?
Becoming an Azure DevOps engineer can be an extremely gratifying experience, with numerous compelling benefits. Prior to embarking on this career path, it is important to understand the necessary skills and knowledge required. The Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate credential is the ideal way to secure a lucrative Azure DevOps engineer position, as it validates your proficiency in Azure development and enhances your appeal to employers seeking verified cloud platform expertise.
At Works, we are dedicated to offering the best opportunities for remote Azure DevOps engineers to advance their careers. Our jobs are intended to challenge you in both a business and technological context, giving you the opportunity to leverage innovative technologies and accelerate your professional growth. Join a community of top-rated developers and apply for full-time, long-term remote Azure DevOps engineer jobs that offer a high income and a more rapid career progression.
Description of the Job
- Design, architecture, development, deployment, and evolution of CI and CD systems.
- Employ continuous deployment strategies to enhance your Agile approach.
- Utilize standard tools and services in order to produce Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Use standard deployment and configuration tools in the industry to develop application deployment automation.
- Work together with developers to identify and automate the allocation of Azure resources.
- Contribute to identifying and solving issues with CI/CD infrastructure and processes, particularly providing support for the CI/CD pipeline.
- Working with key stakeholders is necessary to gather, assess, and address DevOps requirements.
- Implement and stay up-to-date on the latest technologies and best practices in the DevOps and Cloud industries.
- Maintain precise documentation of automation procedures.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or Information Technology (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience as a software engineer is mandatory.
- Working experience with Azure DevOps for 3-4 years is mandatory.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery of CI/CD pipelines is mandatory.
- Familiarity with Azure Repos, code review, branching, and code analysis tools.
- Proven familiarity with Git, Git Flow and Azure DevOps is required.
- Thorough understanding of multiple DevSecOps concepts and technologies, such as Azure DevOps, Pipelines, GitHub, and GitHub actions.
- Proficient in Kubernetes and containerization technologies, such as Docker and Azure Container Registry.
- Excellent proficiency in PowerShell scripting, Azure CLI, and ARM templates, particularly for PowerShell development.
- Working knowledge of REST APIs and their consumption from .Net Technologies and PowerShell platforms.
- Understanding of Azure Databricks and Azure Machine Learning Service, as well as their architecture and frameworks.
- Fluency in English is a requirement for effective team communication.
- Work full-time (40 hours a week) with a 4-hour overlap in the US time zones.
- Familiarity with Azure Functions.
- Experience with API integration, API design, and Progressive Web Application (PWA) is desirable.
- Accreditations in Azure DevOps and Azure Data Engineering are preferred.
- Exceptional presentation and coding skills.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.