Hire Senior Back-end Developers
Web development has been a popular career path in recent years, as businesses have discovered that their online appearance has a direct impact on their capacity to acquire leads. As a consequence, many individuals have began to look for certified candidates that are knowledgeable in employing the most recent web technologies to construct and design websites to assist them in their growth.
Web developers that specialize in back-end development are in charge of handling data exchange between the server and users. Their major responsibility is to provide all server-side logic, define and manage the core database, and ensure excellent speed and responsiveness to front-end developer demands. They will also be in charge of incorporating front-end pieces created by other teams into the application.
While the front end of a website is visible to visitors, the back end houses the programming infrastructure. In other words, the back end developer lays the groundwork for all of the complicated technological operations required to operate a website.
What does back-end development entail?
Web developers are in high demand as the rising digital sector produces new opportunities and increases accessibility. As a consequence, the number of remote back-end developer positions is growing.
Businesses are increasingly relying on remote back-end engineers to ensure software scalability and security. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning have given rise to a new generation of entrepreneurs who are capitalizing on the demand-supply imbalance. This implies that many more products must be developed, which means that chances for back-end developers will increase.
What are the duties and obligations of a senior back-end developer?
A back-end web application developer designs, integrates, and maintains a web application’s server-side logic. The back-end developer creates the web services and APIs that front-end and mobile app developers utilize to construct apps.
The data interchange between the server and the users is managed by a senior back-end developer. The developer is responsible for developing all server-side functionality, defining and maintaining the core database, and ensuring excellent speed and responsiveness to front-end requests. They will also incorporate front-end pieces created by other teams into the app. Senior back-end developers are responsible for the following tasks:
- Incorporation of user-facing components generated by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- Create reusable code and libraries for future usage.
- Optimization of the application for optimal performance and scalability.
- Security and data protection implementation.
- Create and construct a data storage system.
- Participate in the whole application development lifecycle.
- Collaboration between front-end developers, testers, QA leaders, and project managers is required to produce high-quality apps.
- Create and record technical and design requirements.
- Using clean coding principles, create long-lasting and productive online apps.
- Perform user interface testing and application optimization to increase performance.
How do you become a Senior Back-End Developer?
Back end developers must have at least some formal training and bachelor’s degrees in computer science or advanced mathematics to be effective. Furthermore, calling oneself a back end developer requires knowledge of multiple languages and applications. Python, Java, SQL, NoSQL, and Git are examples of important abilities.
Aspiring development professionals may enhance their talents in a number of ways. A four-year degree is the most common option, but if you don’t have the time or money to devote to undergraduate studies, or if you already have a degree in another field, you might want to consider alternative education options, such as a coding boot camp, which teaches the technical skills required by back end developers in a short period of time and at a reasonable cost.
Furthermore, to apply for senior back-end developer roles, you must have at least 2-3 years of hands-on experience. So, to demonstrate your skills, work on reputable projects or for reputable firms.
Back-end development skills needed for a senior position
Learning foundational abilities is critical for landing high-paying positions as a senior back-end developer. Everything you need to know is right here!
PythonIf you want to be a back end developer, you should practice Python. This programming language is capable of handling anything from small web projects to big applications. It’s a popular option for programmers in a wide range of areas, including healthcare, finance, and travel. Python’s success stems from the language’s ability to accommodate numerous programming techniques, making it excellent for web development. Python is a general-purpose language, so developers may employ procedural, functional, and object-oriented programming methods with ease. Python has great data libraries and visualization capabilities in addition to its flexible syntax. In addition, unlike other languages with complex grammar rules and complicated naming conventions, Python’s code reads as if it were written in English.
PHPPHP is a popular server-side programming language among web developers. It’s a scripting language, so it has a low learning curve for novices, and it’s open-source, so anybody may extend it without paying license costs. Though back-end development teams often employ languages other than PHP to construct their web-based apps, knowing the fundamentals of PHP as a web developer will undoubtedly make your CV stand out in a crowded candidate pool.
JavaJava is a multi-paradigm programming language that is extensively utilized in the development of several applications. Java is a strong object-oriented programming language that includes many capabilities seen in other popular programming languages such as C and C++. Java is sometimes misunderstood as being difficult to learn in comparison to languages such as Python; nonetheless, it remains the most popular programming language among developers. Overall, it has shown to be both easy and secure. Java programming is used by major e-commerce companies to construct their back-end systems. The bulk of in-demand back-end developer positions need you to have Java abilities.
Data Structures and AlgorithmsTo be a successful back-end developer, you must be able to tackle challenging issues using logic. The ability to use algorithms and data structures distinguishes you from the crowd. Back-end developers should be well-versed in rapid sort, bubble sort, selection sort, searching, and iterative algorithms. If you work as a back-end developer and are unfamiliar with data structures, your job will be less efficient and more challenging. Learning about data structures will provide you with the basis to access and manipulate data in programming, making your work more efficient and straightforward.
Application Programming Interface (API) (APIs)An API is a software that enables various servers, clients, and users to connect with one another through the internet. The back-end of an application is made up of servers and clients, whereas the front-end is made up of users. APIs are useful for developers because they enable data to be transmitted over the internet. JSON and XML are software technologies used by web developers to reduce the amount of data sent between a server and a database.
How can I find remote senior back-end developer jobs?
Developers are similar to athletes. They must practice efficiently and regularly in order to succeed in their trade. They must also work hard enough so that their talents steadily improve over time. There are two important things that developers must concentrate on in order for that growth to occur: the help of someone more experienced and successful in practice methods when you’re practicing. As a developer, you must know how much to practice, so make sure you have someone to assist you and keep an eye out for indications of burnout!
Works has the top remote Sr. back-end developer positions that will fit your professional goals as a Sr. back-end developer. Grow quickly by working on difficult technical and commercial issues with cutting-edge technology. Join a network of the world’s greatest developers to find full-time, long-term remote Sr. back-end developer jobs with greater pay and opportunities for advancement.
Responsibilities at work
- Participate in the whole lifespan of an application.
- To produce solid apps, work with front-end developers, testers, QA leaders, and project managers.
- Specify and convey technical and design specifications.
- Write code that is high-quality, tested, effective, and reusable.
- Create long-lasting and productive web apps using clean coding principles.
- Perform user interface testing and application optimization to increase performance.
- Implement best practices for security and data protection.
- Create and execute efficient data storage systems.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to junior developers at all phases of development.
- Engineering or computer science bachelor’s/degree master’s (or equivalent experience)
- At least 5 years of back-end development expertise is required (rare exceptions for highly skilled developers)
- Proficient in a variety of back-end programming languages, including Java, Python, Ruby, PHP,.NET, Golang, and others.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in web development.
- Working understanding of both relational and non-relational databases.
- Excellent knowledge of third-party libraries and APIs.
- Database integration, data transfer, transformation, and scripting experience are required.
- To communicate successfully, you must be fluent in English.
- Work full-time (40 hours a week) with a 4-hour overlap with US time zones.
- User authentication and authorization expertise across numerous systems, servers, and settings.
- Excellent knowledge of accessibility and security compliance.
- Understanding of OWASP security concepts.
- Knowledge of server-side CSS preprocessors like LESS and SASS.
- Knowledge of automated testing systems and unit tests.
- Experience designing database schemas and knowledge of code version control tools such as GIT.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and time management abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership abilities.