Hire Senior Embedded Linux firmware/software Engineers
An embedded systems engineer understands the full embedded system. This insight is used to the integration of hardware and software in an embedded system. The goal is to ensure that the whole system and product work correctly. Many projects need the participation of these engineers in the creation of embedded software. The role of a Senior Embedded Linux Firmware/Software Engineer is to develop software for embedded devices. These engineers have a broad understanding of the embedded system’s capabilities and limitations. The engineer will validate that the software is system compliant. Engineers who work on embedded systems, on the other hand, are intimately familiar with the structure and limitations of the system.
What does a Senior Embedded Linux Firmware/Software Engineer do?
Senior Embedded Linux Firmware/Software Engineer positions provide excellent career prospects and room for advancement. A plethora of new hardware firms have arisen as the cost of electronic manufacturing and prototyping has reduced. Embedded Engineers are in great demand in industries like as IoT, Robotics, Health Care, Mobile Devices, and Other Consumer Electronics, and this need is expected to grow in the future. Internet of Things (IoT), Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence (AI), which are essential issues in embedded systems, are among the top 14 most in-demand IT skills in 2022, according to the top 14 most in-demand IT talents. Senior Embedded Linux Firmware/Software Engineer positions are now in great demand. That means you may expect a salary that is more than fair. According to Glassdoor, the typical annual salary for an embedded engineer in the United States is about $83,000 USD.
What are the duties and obligations of a Senior Embedded Linux Firmware/Software Engineer?
A Senior Embedded Linux Firmware/Software Engineer specializes in embedded Linux operating systems. The Senior Embedded Linux Firmware/Software Engineer is responsible for managing software development activities. These are some examples:
- Low layer development (boot, drivers, etc.) with stringent embedded requirements, frequent security, and, on occasion, real-time. It might be software components or whole products.
- Testing newly built modules.
- Maintenance of the given code.
- The numerous parties involved get regular progress updates.
- From the ground up, design and build embedded device and system software for manufacturing and commercialization.
- System software flaws must be created, developed, coded, tested, and repaired.
- Examine the code and design.
- Analyze and improve system resource productivity, reliability, and scalability.
- Integrate and put fresh product ideas to the test.
- Assist with software testing and optimizing I/O performance.
- Offer to help with post-production.
- Work with hardware designers and developers.
- Look into third-party and open-source programs.
How to Advance Your Career as a Senior Embedded Linux Firmware/Software Engineer?
Let’s have a look at the processes required to become a professional in the area of embedded Linux software development. To begin, bear in mind that no academic degree is required to become an embedded software developer. Whether you are a degree or not, talented or unskilled, you may make a career out of embedded software programming. All that is required is relevant technical and soft skills, as well as hands-on experience. However, you may have heard that a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or a related field is required to get employed as a Senior Embedded Linux Firmware/Software Engineer. This is true for many reasons: To begin, having the proper university degree helps you to better understand computer programming and web development, which will greatly help you study embedded software development. Second, many companies look for specific abilities when hiring embedded software engineers, making it easier to locate new employment opportunities. Let’s look at the skills and approaches you’ll need to master in order to get a suitable Senior Embedded Linux Firmware/Software Engineer position:
Qualifications for a Senior Embedded Linux Firmware/Software Engineer
If you want to work as a Senior Embedded Linux Firmware/Software Engineer, you’ll need to master the following abilities.
CC is a structured programming language that divides severe hardware or software difficulties into smaller, more achievable tasks. It also allows data to be moved between software components. C is a general-purpose programming language that may be used to create a variety of programs such as business software, computer games, graphics, calculations, and so on. C is also used in the development of embedded systems. This indicates that it is used in the creation of goods like as computers, mobile phones, and other electronic devices.
C++C++ is a general-purpose programming language that may be used to create games, software, databases, browsers, operating systems, and applications, among other things. It was created as a C programming language extension and supports both procedural and object-oriented programming. It’s the basis for millions of existing apps and lines of code.
Linux EmbeddedThe Embedded Linux operating system/kernel is intended for usage in embedded devices and appliances. It is a tiny version of Linux that delivers capabilities and services in line with the operating and application needs of the embedded device.
MicrocontrollersA microcontroller, which is embedded in a system, handles a particular device function. The microcontroller’s processor analyzes data from input/output (I/O) peripherals using its central processing unit. Temporary information from the CPU is stored in the microcontroller’s data memory, where it is retrieved, decoded, and applied using instructions from the processor’s program memory. Then, using its input/output peripherals, it communicates and executes the appropriate action.
Programming on several threadsA thread is a self-contained execution unit generated within the context of a process (or application that is being executed). The term “multithreading” refers to the simultaneous execution of several threads in a process. Consider it the software equivalent of multitasking. Multithreading is a computer execution architecture that enables numerous threads within a process to be generated and execute independently while sharing process resources. Depending on the hardware, threads may operate in complete parallel if they are distributed to their own CPU core.
How can I get work as a Senior Embedded Linux Firmware/Software Engineer from home?
Senior Embedded Linux Firmware/Software Engineers and Developers are quite comparable. They must practice effectively and consistently in order to excel in their trade. They must also put in enough effort to show continuous growth in their abilities over time. In order for such progress to occur, developers must concentrate on two things: the assistance of someone more experienced and effective in practice processes while you’re practicing. The amount of time you devote to practice is critical here. As a result, you’ll need someone to help you along the way. And keep an eye out for any signs of burnout! Works offers the best remote Senior Embedded Linux Firmware/Software Engineer jobs that are a fantastic match for your Senior Embedded Linux Firmware/Software Engineer career. We provide you the opportunity to work on complicated technical and business problems involving cutting-edge technology. This contributes to your rapid and consistent skill improvement. Join a community of the world’s best developers to discover full-time, long-term remote Senior Embedded Linux Firmware/Software Engineer jobs with higher salary and advancement chances.
Responsibilities at work
- Specification, design, implementation, release, and maintenance of embedded software products.
- Take part in embedded design projects from idea to completion.
- Create tools in C/C++ and scripting to aid in the embedded system development process on Linux.
- Identify the numerous security pain points and identify implementation solutions to address them.
- Write firmware for a particular System module and carry out Engineering or System test cases.
- Analyze domain-specific technical or low-level requirements and make changes based on end-user or system requirements.
- Carry out software testing, covering unit, functional, and system level requirements, both manually and automatically.
- Code peer-review is carried out in accordance with coding principles and static code analysis.
- Technical deliverables such as software requirements, design documents, code comments, test cases and test reports, release notes, and so on should be documented.
- Contribute to the team’s progress by providing technical help.
- Bachelor’s/degree Master’s in engineering, computer science, or information technology (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of expertise in embedded software engineering is required (rare exceptions for highly skilled developers)
- Expertise in C or C++
- Know your way around boot code, low-level OS code, device drivers, and IO devices.
- Knowledge of computer startup, SoC bring-up, debuggers, and networking is required.
- FPGA, Verilog, and HDL experience is required.
- System-level programming in Unix, embedded Linux.
- Scripting (Python, Bash, Perl, TCL, Lua) (Python, Bash, Perl, TCL, Lua)
- Working knowledge of the Xilinx Zynq or Altera SoC platforms.
- Knowledge of version control systems (Git/SVN) is required.
- Working understanding of schematics and laboratory equipment is required.
- Experience with Linux and embedded RTOS is required, as well as knowledge of 32-bit CPU architecture.
- Experience and knowledge of In-Circuit Emulators and Logic Analyzers.
- Product specifications, systems analysis, microprocessor-based systems, and firmware design experience are required.|
- English fluency is required for good communication.
- Work full-time (40 hours a week) with a 4-hour overlap with US time zones.
- MySQL and PostgreSQL knowledge is required.
- CMS or LMS development, setup, or migration experience.
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving abilities.
- Outstanding communication and leadership abilities.