Engage SharePoint Developers
In the present scenario of remote working, efficient communication and teamwork have become crucial for business success. To achieve these goals, many businesses are now using SharePoint, an intranet-based web collaboration platform. SharePoint’s simple and user-friendly interface encourages collaboration and sharing of information among users, and provides seamless integration with Microsoft products.
Essential SharePoint Features for SharePoint Developers
- Customised Programming
Given the diverse requirements of various companies, SharePoint developers must tailor their approach to create unique user experiences specific to each client. As a SharePoint developer, you may be tasked with developing an intranet, a ticketing system, a helpdesk system, a document management system, or other types of applications. Furthermore, to expand the platform’s capabilities, you may need to install third-party add-ons. Creating bespoke features such as web elements, site templates, and processes are all common examples of elements that you may need to develop.
- Brand Consistency
The high demand for custom-built SharePoint solutions that integrate with a company’s existing visual identity has led to an increase in demand for SharePoint developers. This may entail incorporating logos, modifying page layouts, adjusting colours, and using a specific typeface to ensure a consistent look and feel throughout the organisation.
- Training Sessions
As SharePoint developers, we have a crucial role to play in educating end-users on the basics of SharePoint and how to make minor adjustments as needed. This involves providing users with the necessary knowledge to access different configuration settings. Ensuring users comprehend these features enables them to effectively manage their environment and maximize the potential of the SharePoint platform.
Creating a SharePoint portal is only the first step towards a successful program. To ensure the program runs smoothly, it is crucial to choose a SharePoint developer who is not only qualified to create the program but also possesses the knowledge and experience to maintain it effectively and provide top-notch customer service. This ensures the program continues to function efficiently, and customers remain satisfied.
- Data Migration
Organisations wishing to upgrade to a more up-to-date version of either SharePoint Online or SharePoint Server will need to migrate their data and applications. Therefore, before engaging the services of a SharePoint developer, it is important to confirm their experience with migration processes. This will assist in ensuring a seamless and efficient transition to the new platform.
Common Functions Assigned to SharePoint
SharePoint TechnologistSharePoint Engineers are specialist professionals within an organisation who are responsible for configuring, maintaining, and managing SharePoint sites. They make sure servers are routinely patched to avoid any potential downtime and conduct regular upkeep to keep the sites operating at peak efficiency. This helps to minimize any interruptions to business operations and ensures a steady workflow.
Site Collection ManagementAs a SharePoint Site Collection Administrator, possessing extensive knowledge of SharePoint and its components such as Sites, Lists, and Libraries, and how they are used to store and manage data within an organisation is crucial. The position is becoming more and more in demand with the growing popularity of the Federated Support Model. In this model, the Site Collection Administrator is accountable for meticulously reviewing all issues and serves as the primary point of contact for users. Furthermore, they are responsible for providing education and instruction to the users as part of their role.
Job Title of a SharePoint ExpertSharePoint architects are accountable for configuring the SharePoint platform to ensure optimal efficiency. They must create comprehensive documentation detailing the network and services and load balancing plans. Their primary objective is to make the best use of all available resources.
Job Role Description
Possessing a thorough comprehension of SharePoint 2013, SharePoint Online, and client-side and server object models is a necessity for a qualified SharePoint developer. This level of expertise is critical in order to competently execute the responsibilities associated with the position.
- Familiarity with Azure is an advantage.
- Proficiency in Angular, React, SQL, WCF Rest and Web API
- Experience with setting up a search engine
- Having knowledge of Power Automate will be a definite advantage.
- Familiarity with Microsoft’s recommended SPFx Development patterns and techniques
- Participate in SharePoint development discussions with business users.
- Power Platforms may be utilised to automate your company’s procedures.
- Familiarity with Nintex is an advantage.
- To work harmoniously with other team members, it is vital to have a complete comprehension of the project requirements and proficiency in both oral and written communication of those requirements.
- Utilize your proficiency in SharePoint, .NET and programming languages.
- Problem-solving skills are essential in this area.
- It is necessary to create specifications and unit test plans.
- Occasionally, a Software Programmer may need to assist with user acceptance testing and contribute to the development of system documentation, such as use case design papers.
- Develop SharePoint portals, intranets, and extranets tailored to meet the unique business and data needs of an organization.
- As a developer, it is crucial to have an understanding of SharePoint infrastructure capabilities to ensure that staff can efficiently manage documents, store data, and access advanced search capabilities. To achieve this, it is necessary to learn how to seamlessly integrate third-party technologies into the SharePoint environment. Achieving this integration will enable the staff to utilise all the features and capabilities of SharePoint for document management, data storage and advanced search.
- Engage end-users, customers, and other stakeholders in project planning and implementation as required.
- Act as the technical leader for SharePoint development, maintenance and application within the agency.
- Aid consultants and suppliers in assessing the compatibility of present systems and databases for utilisation with SharePoint.
As a SharePoint Developer, possessing knowledge of SharePoint platforms like SharePoint 2013/2010, SharePoint Online, SQL Server, TFS, Git, etc. is critical. Moreover, expertise or experience with DevOps and modern frameworks may be a requirement for certain employers. A SharePoint Developer ought to be capable of working independently, handling various technical tasks including design, development, and maintenance, and managing them as necessary. A junior SharePoint Developer should preferably be able to seamlessly transition to the role of a dependable engineer, having the skills to resolve different technical problems, work well with a diverse team whilst requiring minimal guidance from senior members.
In addition to the aforementioned skills, a senior SharePoint Developer should also possess the following competencies:
- Proficient problem-solving skills
- Possess strong experience in debugging
- Being well acquainted with Microsoft’s recommended SPFx Development patterns and practices is advantageous.
- Mastery of both the server- and client-side Object Models of SharePoint
- Workflow forms can be created using PowerApps/Flow.
- Participants will receive hands-on training on configuring and customising the search API and web component to showcase search outputs. This would enable them to achieve expertise in the implementation of relevant search-related activities.
- Having a profound theoretical understanding of any programming language is an added advantage.
- Being well-versed in and having proficiency in one database
- Proficiency in at least one computer operating system
- Pre-existing knowledge of Software Engineering and at least one project experience are prerequisites. Refer to 6 Errors Hiring Managers Should Avoid for comprehensive details.
- Capable of independently handling most moderate to simple duties with minimal supervision
- Possessing experience with design principles is advantageous.
- Ability to independently understand Design Specifications
- Able to execute Test Cases
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Analytical skills
- Application of logic
- Up-to-date knowledge of advancements in technology and culture
- Proficiency in working with clients and business users to understand requirements and deliver optimal solutions. Refer to Maintaining Motivation and Creativity on a Distant Development Team for valuable insights.
- Communicate project expectations for timely completion with IT directors and business managers.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining SharePoint Out of Box and Custom Solutions using ASP.Net, C#, JSOM, and CSOM
- Familiarity with Scrum and other Agile project management methodologies for efficient project planning and execution
- My vast experience in the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework enables me to respond promptly to customer requests and resolve issues within the defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs) efficiently.
- Improve the efficacy and efficiency of your system by defining and optimizing the appropriate procedures.
- The team should implement established best practices to maximize the potential benefits of a system or application.
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment of current technological systems and processes, document your findings, identify areas in need of improvement, propose solutions to address them, and finally, implement the improvements.
- All technical outputs should be documented in the form of user manuals, technical specifications, and industry best practices.
- Undertake other relevant tasks as required to gain hands-on experience.
- Proficiency in job assessment and management, including customer engagement.
- Self-reliant individual capable of critical thinking and problem-solving
- Effectively handle competing priorities during client governance meetings
- Experience with collaboration using SharePoint Portal Server, Windows SharePoint Services, and Content Management Server is essential.
- The SharePoint Framework, also known as SPFx, is a contemporary framework.
- Visual Studio is an encompassing development environment (IDE).
- Having a thorough understanding of languages such as C#, VB.Net, WPF, and WCF can be advantageous.
- Internet Information Server (IIS), Active Server Pages (ASP), and web services are all illustrations of server-side web development.
- Microsoft’s Power Platform includes Flow and Power BI.
- Although it is desirable, flexible availability is not a necessary requirement. Demonstrating the ability to build robust professional relationships with peers, team members, and clients is critical.
- A candidate who can creatively and critically address problems is immensely valuable.
- One advantage is the improvement of analytical techniques and the possibility of conducting macro-level research.
- Regarding quantitative assessment, it should perform well.
- Demonstrating competence in customer service and having robust interpersonal and networking skills is an advantage.
- SharePoint developer roles usually require robust interpersonal and communication skills.
Subject Matter Proficiency
Works takes pride in being a market leader when it comes to recruiting remote IT engineers. Our full Human Resources service covers everything from selection and onboarding to invoicing, taxes, and compliance for both remote workers and global contractors. Our objective is to enable your company to hire the best remote developers to lead your most critical technological initiatives.