Hire Solr/Kotlin Developers
Apache Solr or Solr is a free and open-source enterprise-level search tool that developers utilize for a variety of applications. The Java-based platform includes capabilities such as full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search, real-time indexing, and more. Solr has been a popular choice for developers over the years since it allows them to create highly scalable systems while also offering fault-tolerant features. Solr is commonly utilized in the development of enterprise-level search and analytical solutions to meet corporate needs. Professionals may expect for a career full of prospects in the sector based on the expansion and continual need for Solr specialists.
Furthermore, Kotlin is a commonly utilized technology in today’s software business. Kotlin is a statically typed, general-purpose programming language that is completely compatible with Java. It is a programming language that is used for large-scale projects all around the globe and facilitates cross-platform development. The language, which was originally created for JVMs and Android development, mixes object-oriented and functional programming capabilities. The language also emphasizes qualities like as safety, clarity, and tooling support. Kotlin as a language is often seen as a high-value talent for current app development processes, and it may also assist developers in advancing their careers.
Knowledge of such languages might help you gain better prospects if you’re a developer trying to further your career. This article should help you get extensive information on how to become a Solr/Kotlin developer in 2022.
What are the responsibilities of a Solr/Kotlin developer?
Both Solr and Kotlin have been used by developers for the greater part of a decade and are still in high demand. Knowledge of such languages is not only required for user-facing projects, but it may also open up several prospects for developers. Both languages meet almost every criterion for current software application development processes, making them the favored option of many enterprises worldwide. In reality, corporations actively seek Solr/Kotlin engineers capable of providing end-to-end solutions.
So, for developers seeking for new ways to flourish in the software development sector, competence in technologies such as Solr and Kotlin should assist in determining the best route. The need for Solr/Kotlin developers is expected to increase in the next years, providing developers with the opportunity to contribute to large-scale projects. You may learn more about the tasks and responsibilities associated with such jobs in the section below.
What are the duties and obligations of a Solr/Kotlin developer?
Developers who want to work as Solr/Kotlin development specialists must have a solid awareness of their duties. If you want to work in such a job, you can anticipate to contribute to a variety of areas for developing end-to-end software architecture. Communication and collaboration with cross-functional teams are two of the most prevalent actions associated with such professions. You may be expected to investigate and help with iOS and Android development processes, as well as have a solid grasp of Java and associated technologies. Check out the points stated below to get a good sense of the many jobs you could have to do as a Solr/Kotlin developer.
- Development experience with Solr, Java, and Kotlin
- In-depth knowledge of Android UI design ideas, patterns, and best practices
- VIPER, MVC, MVP, MVVM, ReactiveX, and Dependency are all required. Injection
- Working knowledge of third-party libraries and APIs
- It is preferable to have knowledge of object-oriented design concepts and patterns.
- Rapid discovery of faults and implementation of fixes
- Agile/Scrum methodology experience
- Understanding of database indexing utilizing SOLR’s built-in database indexing capabilities
- The ability to create web services technologies (SOAP and RESTful)
- Oracle PL/SQL and stored procedure code expertise
How can I get started as a Solr/Kotlin developer?
The ability to construct current solutions using Solr or Kotlin might be a lucrative talent for developers in today’s market. Both have been industry mainstays for the most of the decade and are expected to remain so for the foreseeable future. Developers who want to capitalize on the trend should consider expanding their expertise of the languages. The technology business seeks to recruit experts who have shown expertise or a thorough grasp of the key technologies. Along with learning both programming languages, developers should also consider learning about associated technologies. Knowledge of Java, front-end technologies, APIs, and similar solutions should help engineers get the finest job possibilities.
A degree in computer science or a similar discipline should also assist developers swiftly acquire the confidence of companies. While such degrees are not required to work in the software development profession, they might assist developers in quickly grasping ideas and concepts. The next section should help you understand the prerequisites for becoming a Solr/Kotlin developer in depth.
Qualifications for becoming a Solr/Kotlin developer
Developers must have experience dealing with technologies in order to create a successful career as a Solr/Kotlin developer. To work as a Solr/Kotlin developer, you must first learn how to deal with them.
Kotlin and SolrThese are the two key areas of competence required to be considered for such positions. Companies need people with considerable knowledge in both Apache Solr and Kotlin, which are seen as defining talents for the position. Both technologies are extensively utilized in many industries and are often employed to construct customer-facing apps. Kotlin is a cross-platform programming language that is commonly utilized in mobile app development processes. Solr, as a technology, may also function as a NoSQL database with transactional support, making it a valuable tool for developers. So, if you want to work at a top software company as a Solr/Kotlin developer, maintain learning the languages.
JavaWorking knowledge of Java is also required to become an excellent Kotlin programmer. Java is one of the most frequently used programming languages and may assist projects in a variety of software development industries. The language has been in use for over a decade and has become a popular option among developers. One of the most significant benefits of working with the language is the flexibility to develop and execute code anywhere, regardless of system architecture. In addition, the language seems to meet every criteria for current software development projects, including cross-platform services. The language is also widely recognized for its benefits, such as the ability to compile code on any platform that supports the Java Runtime Environment. So, to increase your chances of being employed as a Solr/Kotlin developer, maintain honing your Java skills over time.
Testing of individual unitsExpertise in abilities such as unit testing might help developers get better chances in the software business. It is a method of software testing in which individual sections of code are run through diagnostics to determine their performance. This enables developers to find faults and bottlenecks by combining one or more modules, as well as associated data and processes. Unit testing expertise not only enables teams to generate and market high-quality products, but also to rapidly design solutions. So, in order to achieve success as a Solr/Kotlin developer, the ability to execute unit tests and associated best practices would be beneficial.
Android user interfaceAlmost every large-scale and customer-facing project in today’s software development business is driven by mobile and on-demand services. As a result, Android apps have become incredibly valuable instruments that might possibly determine the odds of investment success. The user interface is crucial in making Android apps more attractive and easier to use. End consumers like solutions that do not need a steep learning curve and can assist them in getting things done quickly. For these reasons, app developers must create UIs that are not only self-explanatory but also provide users with an immersive experience. As a result, understanding of Android UI design best practices should be deemed vital in order to be called an excellent Solr/Kotlin developer.
Tools for version controlVersion control systems are now widely used in the contemporary software development business. Versioning tools provide a distinct benefit to developers since they are based on the new concept of modular development. Such technologies may be used to maintain track of the whole codebase as well as any change made. This enables developers to construct whole apps more quickly and release a solid result. Versioning also reduces the likelihood of downtimes since developers may rapidly return to prior versions in the event of an issue. When looking for new positions, a Solr/Kotlin developer with expertise dealing with version control systems will always have an edge.
Interpersonal abilitiesWorking in the current software development business demands much more than technical knowledge. Today’s developers must take on a variety of duties outside of their primary abilities. To build high-quality software, they often need to engage with various cross-functional teams and connect with customers. As a result, interpersonal skills are very important in today’s agile work culture. To keep the information chain moving, developers must actively communicate and offer their opinions on a regular basis. As a result, brushing up on language abilities and being willing to cooperate have become vital for success as a Solr/Kotlin developer.
How can I get a job as a remote Solr/Kotlin developer?
Companies now seek to engage with experts that have a thorough grasp of key technology. As a result, regularly updating one’s own technology stack and expanding one’s understanding of many fields has become critical. In addition to the essential technology necessary for Solr/Kotlin development, developers must also understand user preferences. This enables developers to create complete apps and front ends based on selected features. The major goal of any remote Solr/Kotlin developer is to create efficient solutions that provide a class-leading user experience via intuitive interfaces.
Works has swiftly established itself as the best venue for advancing one’s career as a remote Solr/Kotlin developer. We provide developers the opportunity to work on game-changing projects and business difficulties utilizing cutting-edge technology. Join the world’s fastest growing network of top engineers to be employed as a full-time, long-term remote Solr/Kotlin developer with the greatest compensation packages.
Responsibilities at work
- Create high-performance mobile apps for the Android platform by designing, developing, and delivering them.
- To identify, create, and ship new features, work with stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Use external data sources and APIs.
- Unit test the current code to check its usability, general reliability, and resilience.
- Participate in bug fixes and application performance and scalability optimization.
- To enhance development efficiency, investigate, assess, and deploy innovative technologies.
- Think on complicated challenges and inventive solutions while brainstorming.
- Create scalable microservices to input data and then use Apache Solr to parse, convert, and load it into an inverted index.
- Work with team members to design, develop, and implement new features and upgrades.
- Integrate search with other SQL/NoSQL data stores, queue and add across data centers, or use other object stores.
- Engineering or computer science bachelor’s/degree master’s (or equivalent experience)
- At least three years of expertise in Android programming, microservices, and cloud technologies is required (rare exceptions for highly skilled developers)
- Knowledge of microservices and cloud technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Solid knowledge of SOLR, ElasticSearch, and data structures
- Extensive knowledge of open source search APIs and SDKs
- Automation and tooling skills in Python or Java
- Experience with Android SDK and Android Studio
- Writing automated unit test cases for the Solr search engine
- Excellent knowledge of debugging tools and Linux performance optimization
- Expertise dealing with external data through REST and JSON
- Extensive experience dealing with third-party libraries and APIs
- A thorough comprehension of the whole mobile development life cycle
- English fluency is required for good communication.
- Work full-time (40 hours per week) with a 4-hour overlap with US time zones
- Understanding of JVM Tuning Tools, Operating System Performance, and Debugging
- Consider the overall mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and cutting-edge technology.
- At least one original Android app has been released.
- Knowledge of version control systems and tools such as Git, SVM, and others.
- Should have experience with Agile techniques.
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal abilities