Hire Solutions Engineers
A Solution Engineer works in collaboration with a sales representative to gain an understanding of the customer’s business challenges. Utilising the latest technologies, they develop solutions and prototypes to present to decision-makers with the aim of generating revenue and boosting the customer’s ROI.
Solution engineers are responsible for bridging the gap between users and computer hardware or software designers. They ensure that new products meet the expectations and needs of the intended users. In this capacity, they act as a link between the users and the designers, enabling the two parties to communicate effectively and come to an agreement on how the product should be designed. This helps the designers to create products that meet the user’s requirements and wants, ultimately helping to ensure the success of the product.
It is highly advisable to entrust the development of a solution for your company to those employees with expertise in Solution Engineering. By leveraging their in-depth knowledge and skills, a Solutions Engineer can create a solution that maximises its commercial value, as they are able to accurately assess the nature of the problem at hand.
What does solutions engineer entail?
According to the Bureau of Labour Statistics, the demand for Solution Engineers is projected to increase by 6% over the next decade. The Solution Engineers within our team provide proficient technical guidance and develop solutions to support the Sales and Business teams. Part of their responsibility is to interact with customers to execute the technical elements of the Sales plan, in order to foster and strengthen relationships. Solution Engineers boast an extensive background of training, talent, and expertise within a vast array of techniques and solutions.
As technology advances, businesses will have an ongoing need for solution engineers to create new software systems and integrate necessary technological improvements. This will lead to a steady and enduring demand for skilled solution engineers and job openings.
What are the tasks and functions of a solutions engineer?
A Solutions Engineer is responsible for assisting clients in identifying their software needs, creating customised business software solutions, and verifying the functionality of the software. They collaborate with other engineers in the organisation to create demos of proposed solutions, present them to the rest of the team, and keep in contact with the customers after installation to ensure satisfaction.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will collaborate with the Sales, Marketing, and Design teams to gain an understanding of the needs of customers. You will be accountable for ensuring that business solutions are conceived with the end user in mind, and that products incorporate features that are attractive to purchasers.
A solutions engineer’s duties include the following tasks:
- Keep an eye on the NDS tree for CSRS and any TCP/IP resolves through DHCP.
- Install and configure IIS, including the administration of SSL certificates.
- SAAS solution sets, service management, and manufacturing/logistics expertise
- Make tools that assist you in automating troubleshooting activities such as DNS resolution and log gathering.
- Manage a small team that includes data centre and VPN technology training.
- Control a team responsible for providing functional and technical CRM assistance to clients all around the globe.
- Python scripts should be provided for producing snapshots on AWS S3 buckets and applying life cycle management rules.
- Tutor young engineers in a variety of teams, including security, networking, Linux, and Windows.
- Examine user needs, procedures, and processes in order to automate current systems in order to add new capabilities.
How does one go about becoming a solutions engineer?
To start a career in Solutions engineering, one must first pick what sort of specialty they want to pursue.
Solutions engineers typically require a bachelor’s degree, but some may choose to pursue a master’s degree, in order to specialise in designing and presenting software and online projects.
When considering a career in Solutions Engineering, it is important to choose a related major. Bachelor’s and Associate’s Degrees are the most common educational requirements for Solutions Engineers. Additionally, Master’s Degrees and Diplomas are also often found on resumes of Solutions Engineers.
It is advisable to gain experience as a Systems Administrator or Network Engineer prior to becoming a Solutions Engineer, as many Solutions Engineers have had similar or identical roles in the past.
Now that you have a clearer understanding of the competencies that are necessary to be a successful Solutions Engineer, let’s discuss the abilities and procedures that must be mastered in order to excel in the role. It is essential that you demonstrate proficiency in all of these areas in order to deliver reliable solutions to the organisation’s customers.
Qualifications for becoming a solutions engineer
To be successful, Solutions Engineers must possess a set of skills. Let’s look at the skills required!
CloudCloud computing is a form of remote computing which involves storing data and programs or software on remote servers located in multiple locations across the world. These servers are accessible over the internet and can be accessed from any location with an internet connection, eliminating the need for local storage. Cloud computing provides users with greater flexibility and scalability, allowing them to access their data and programs from anywhere, at any time.
Customer CareProviding exceptional customer service is an essential component of any successful business. This involves actively engaging with customers, responding to their inquiries promptly and accurately, and resolving any issues they may have with your organisation or its products. Establishing a strong relationship with customers is key in ensuring their continued patronage.
MethodologiesProcesses are a way of accomplishing a task or series of steps. Utilising a method can help guarantee uniformity in areas such as document management and documentation. Having clear, written guidelines can help ensure that records are properly managed and that essential information is not disregarded.
InfrastructureInfrastructure is a term used to describe the physical and organisational structures necessary for a society to operate in a sustainable and efficient manner. It is a heavily invested sector which is essential to a country’s economic growth and development. Infrastructure is the foundation that provides public safety and comfort, as well as enabling the smooth running of a nation. It is comprised of the communal activities needed to support and improve the quality of life of its citizens, and is vital for a thriving economy and the overall wellbeing of a population.
PythonGuido van Rossum is credited with the design of Python in 1991, an interpreted programming language renowned for its straightforward syntax and dynamic typing capabilities. Python can be used to create entirely new applications or to enhance existing ones, and is often employed as a scripting language due to its ability to modify or extend other software products.
JavaJava is a server-side programming language that enables developers to write code once and deploy it across multiple platforms. With a rich library of reusable classes, the language is powerful, fast, and secure. It is easy to learn and use, and is particularly suited for the development of Android apps, web and application servers, games, database connections, and more. Java can be used to create both desktop and mobile applications, allowing for seamless transitions between the two.
Communication Skills:Having excellent communication skills is essential for success in this profession. For instance, when designing products that will appeal to clients, it is important to be able to understand the clients’ needs, work effectively with colleagues, and use your creativity to come up with new ideas. In order to accomplish these tasks, one must possess the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently.
How can I acquire a job as a remote solutions engineer?
In order to become an excellent developer, it is essential to practice regularly and effectively. Working hard and staying focused on improving your skills over time is an essential part of achieving success. To make progress, there are two important points to consider: devising successful practice routines and seeking the help of an experienced mentor who can guide and motivate you. It is important to find the right balance between practice and rest, so having a mentor to help you stay motivated and look out for signs of burnout is essential.
Working with us provides the perfect opportunity for individuals looking to pursue a career in solutions engineering. Our remote solutions engineer positions are designed to offer a stimulating and challenging work environment, enabling you to rapidly progress your career. You will be able to develop and hone your technical and commercial skills by working on cutting-edge projects and resolving complex problems. Joining our network of top-tier developers can also open up the possibility of long-term, full-time remote employment with rewarding salaries and generous opportunities for professional growth.
Responsibilities at work
- Meet with customers and key stakeholders to go through hardware and software needs.
- Create personalised solutions in conjunction with cross-functional teams.
- Provide technical assistance throughout the SDLC’s design, development, test, and deployment stages.
- Create methods to provide consumers with an amazing user experience.
- Create and sustain customer connections
- Take charge of duties such as product assessment, project estimations in the early stages, and purchase vs. build choices.
- Make technical documents, RFPs, and professional reports.
- Bachelor’s/degree Master’s in engineering, computer science, or information technology (or equivalent experience)
- At least three years of experience as a solutions engineer is required (rare exceptions for highly skilled developers)
- Experience in IT and cloud infrastructure development
- Experience with CRM, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Working knowledge of APIs, SSO, MDM, and web service protocols
- Solid understanding of company hardware and software systems
- Capable of creating large-scale corporate software solutions.
- Capability to convey thoughts in a clear, understandable way
- English fluency is required for collaboration with engineering management.
- Work full-time (40 hours a week) with a 4-hour time difference with US time zones.
- Outstanding organisational, interpersonal, and leadership abilities
- Experience with JSON, XML,.NET, database modelling & design
- Experience with JSON, XML,.NET, database modelling and design
- Experience with ML domains, GCP and AWS technologies
- Knowledge of the most recent software engineering methods and system security measures
- A strong attention to detail and outstanding presentation abilities
- Experience in providing excellent customer service while implementing needed software solutions