Hire Terraform Developers
Web development is an ever-evolving field, and the popularity of remote developer positions has risen as a result of new technologies and business models being introduced on a regular basis. Terraform is no exception to this trend, as it has become an essential tool for managing the lifecycle of infrastructure using infrastructure as code. This involves declaring components in configuration files, which Terraform is then able to use to create, modify, and delete infrastructure across various cloud providers.
The utilisation of Terraform is gaining increasing attention in recent times, and this trend is expected to persist. If you comprehend the potential of Terraform in facilitating the achievement of businesses’ goals, you will have the capability to become a proficient Terraform developer. Moreover, the profession of Terraform development offers a reliable and remunerative opportunity for your career.
What does Terraform development entail?
TerraForm is an invaluable DevOps tool for versioning infrastructure as code. With broad compatibility across a range of providers, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and more, it has become one of the most sought after infrastructure-as-code solutions available.
Terraform enables operators to achieve their tasks with greater speed and reliability. It has the potential to not only enhance the productivity of entire engineering teams, but also to facilitate collaboration between developers and operators.
The advancement of web technology over the last two decades has been remarkable, with capabilities that few could have imagined in the past. One of the most significant developments in this field is Terraform, an open-source infrastructure as a code software application which can provide numerous job opportunities in the development sector. With its capacity to automate the process of provisioning and managing infrastructure, Terraform is now a key tool for many businesses and organisations.
What are the tasks and obligations of a Terraform developer?
As a Terraform developer, it is essential to maintain code quality and uphold high standards of reliability. Regularly detecting technical issues in the existing codebase is an essential step to ensure this. Additionally, to reach uptime requirements, monitoring tools need to be automated to check system health and dependability. Finally, infrastructure on Amazon Web Services can be automated using Terraform and Ansible.
A remote Terraform developer’s major tasks include:
- Actively assist operational teams and other stakeholder teams to maintain business continuity and customer satisfaction.
- Identify technical problems in the current code base and attempt to consistently improve code quality.
- To satisfy high uptime requirements, use automated monitoring tools to check system health and dependability.
- Using Terraform and Ansible, you can automate infrastructure on Amazon Web Services.
- Test backup recovery on a regular basis by automating backup and restoration operations.
- Define and put in place a streamlined end-to-end automation solution provisioning process.
- Set up CI/CD pipelines to manage the provisioning and deployment of big and small-scale systems.
- Perform code reviews.
- Hands-on installation and configuration of Windows and Linux servers.
- In order to facilitate DevOps operations, include developed IaC and CaC into CICD pipeline builds.
- It is essential to thoroughly examine and update the Configuration Item Configuration Document (CICD) to guarantee that the implementation and scope are appropriate in terms of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC). This will ensure that all of the pertinent details are accurately accounted for and that all of the desired outcomes are achieved.
- Assist with requirements validation and verification, requirements analysis and decomposition, testing, verification, validation, and reporting.
- Provide specifications for systems engineering to ensure that the proposed technologies can meet and fulfill technical and operational requirements.
- As required, other types of documentation that do not rely on templates should be created to support specific activities. Examples of such documentation include process and procedure papers designed to provide operational support, diagrams, systems administration guidelines, systems set-up documentation, and hardware integration test plans and results.
- By utilising existing templates that are in accordance with industry standards, compose documentation ranging from installation and setup manuals, to white papers and design and engineering blueprints.
- Make certain that all standards, rules, and procedures are followed.
What does it take to become a Terraform developer?
Terraform is an easy technology to understand and is a great fit for various roles, including front-end developers and data scientists. It is versatile, allowing professionals to apply it to any number of projects and tasks, making it an invaluable asset in any organisation.
Here are some suggestions to help you discover remote Terraform developer employment.
- Learning Terraform is relatively easy and requires minimal time investment. With just one week of dedicated effort, the fundamentals of Terraform can be understood and, with a few months of focused practice, mastery can be attained.
- If you’re a slow learner, YouTube may help you understand Terraform concepts. The web development courses are all free.
- You may also utilise online learning services like Udemy to acquire all of the available free Terraform development courses.
- In light of the increased demand for technology-related education, there are now many new online and physical institutions that offer Terraform-related resources. To take advantage of these resources, we encourage you to visit the website of the tech stack you are looking to study and explore the full collection of materials that are available. Making an intentional effort to use these resources will support your learning and personal development.
- Let’s look at the abilities and methodologies that a successful developer will need on their Terraform developer resumes in order to get employed.
Terraform developers must have certain skills.
Learning the fundamentals is the first step in landing remote Terraform development employment. Let’s have a look at it now.
TerraformHashiCorp developed Terraform, an open-source infrastructure as code software program. By using the HashiCorp Configuration Language or, alternatively, JSON, a declarative configuration language, users have the ability to create and provide data centre infrastructure. Being a major solution, Terraform enables individuals to securely and effectively construct, modify, and version infrastructure. It is designed to manage and support the life cycles of various resources such as servers, networking, and SaaS products, which is a required skill to learn in order to be successful in obtaining remote Terraform development jobs.
OpenShiftRed Hat’s OpenShift Container Platform is a comprehensive suite of products providing a platform as a service for on-premise usage. Built on Linux containers, the platform is orchestrated and controlled by Kubernetes and is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. OpenShift offers a reliable, secure, and scalable solution for container-based application deployment, management, and orchestration.
Microsoft WindowsThe Microsoft Windows operating system is a graphical user interface (GUI) that provides users with the capability to read and store files, run applications, play games, watch movies, and connect to the internet. It has been designed for personal and professional usage, making it a popular choice for many people. To be successful in Terraform developer roles, it is important to become knowledgeable and proficient in the Windows operating system.
LinuxLinux is an open source, community-developed operating system which is designed to be compatible with the Unix operating system. It is widely used across a variety of platforms, including personal computers, servers, mainframes, mobile devices, and embedded systems. Linux provides support for a range of architectures, including x86, ARM, and SPARC.
AnsibleAnsible is an open-source configuration management software that enables the deployment of infrastructure as code. It is capable of setting up both Unix-like and Microsoft Windows systems, and is compatible with multiple Unix-like platforms. Therefore, to be seen as a competent Terraform developer, it is necessary to have a specialised knowledge of Ansible.
PuppetPuppet is a free and open-source software configuration management and deployment tool that enables users to efficiently manage multiple application servers simultaneously. Its versatility makes it compatible with a wide range of systems, including IBM mainframes, Cisco switches, and Mac OS servers. This flexibility allows users to control their applications across different platforms with a single solution.
How can I find remote Terraform developer jobs?
Terraform development is an incredibly versatile profession, as it allows you to work from any location that has an Internet connection and a computer. If your employer approves, you can take advantage of the opportunity to work from home or any other workspace of your choice. Becoming a Terraform developer could provide you with the freedom to work from wherever you would like.
Working remotely requires demonstrating to potential employers that you possess the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful, as well as being able to maintain a productive work pattern despite the time difference or distance. To be successful in securing employment as a Terraform developer, it is essential to stay up to date with your technical abilities and remain productive in your work.
At Works, we provide the premier remote Terraform developer jobs on the market. By joining us, you’ll get the chance to tackle difficult technical and commercial challenges, all while utilising the most cutting-edge technology available. Our network of exceptional developers is second-to-none, and we offer full-time, long-term jobs that are sure to give you the chance to advance your career and earn greater pay. Sign up today and become part of the world’s greatest Terraform developer network!
Responsibilities at work
- Identify and implement solutions to enhance the code quality in the current codebase.
- Tools for monitoring system health, efficiency, and dependability should be automated.
- Using Terraform and Ansible, you can automate infrastructure in AWS.
- Create CI/CD pipeline setups for large and small-scale system provisioning and deployment.
- Installing and configuring Windows and Linux servers.
- Use enterprise-standard templates to create documentation.
- Maintain company output and customer satisfaction by assisting operational teams and other stakeholders.
- Computer Science Bachelor’s/Degree Master’s (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of experience as an AWS DevOps engineer (rare exceptions for highly skilled developers)
- Strong understanding of Terraform cloud infrastructure.
- AWS service expertise includes EC2, S3, VPC, Route53, ECS, API Gateway, and Fargate.
- Excellent grasp of source code repositories such as Bitbucket.
- Working understanding of DevOps technologies such as Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, and Kubernetes is required.
- Knowledge of how to install applications in Linux settings.
- Experience optimising, planning, constructing, and debugging public cloud infrastructures with sophisticated, massive application stacks.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of Redshift, AppDynamics, and Splunk.
- Working well with cross-functional teams.
- Capable of managing and prioritising several projects while adhering to resource needs and schedules.