Hire Umbraco Developers
Umbraco is a widely-known Content Management System (CMS) developed on the .Net framework. Founded in 2000 by Niels Hartvi, and made available to the public in 2004, Umbraco gained prominence as a leading .Net-based open-source CMS in 2009. In fact, it was the most popular of the top five downloads accessible through the Microsoft Web Platform Installer. Umbraco offers an integrated workflow, written in C Sharp (C#), that provides the capability to both publish content to the internet and intranet. Since Umbraco 4.5, it has been released with the MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) licence, allowing it to be used as free software. Moreover, Umbraco is highly customizable. To date, the Umbraco community has over 200,000 registered members.
What are the opportunities for Umbraco engineers?
Since its launch in 2000, Umbraco has become one of the earliest open-source content management systems. Based on a Microsoft-based infrastructure, the C# platform provides a highly configurable and adaptable framework, making it an ideal blank canvas for developers. With its ASP.NET base, developers are well-versed in the codebase and have been using it since they first learned to code. With a market share of around 13% of the top 1 million websites, it’s no surprise that engineer positions for Umbraco are in high demand.
What are an Umbraco engineer’s duties and responsibilities?
The Umbraco Engineer is a self-motivated and organised team member with a comprehensive set of skills, which includes and is not limited to web programming, UX/UI design, and testing. The Umbraco Engineer will be responsible for working with the team to provide customers with an unbeatable gaming experience by utilising a wide range of online technologies (frontend and backend) on prominent web projects. Moreover, the Engineer will be responsible for constructing and managing Umbraco-based websites. The following is a list of tasks that the remote Umbraco Engineer may be responsible for on a daily basis:
- Capability to generate vast, novel concepts and deliver outcomes swiftly
- Create extremely scalable and efficient Umbraco-based systems.
- In really perplexing circumstances, work independently.
- To accomplish objectives, effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- To achieve maximum speed and scalability, optimise and scale the present application.
- Developing and creating technological solutions to meet the demands of the firm.
- Coding and feature creation for new and existing products.
- Existing item maintenance and upkeep.
- Scrum rituals such as stand-up meetings, planning sessions, demonstrations, and retrospectives.
- Participating in group activities like as code reviews and collaborative development.
- Taking part in cross-team activities such as knowledge exchange and documentation.
- Create a clear, consistent technical vision via collaboration, influence, and enablement.
- The architecture of a system and an application should be explored, suggested, created, and developed.
- Adapt communication to a range of audiences and settings, and communicate complex ideas succinctly.
- Make suggestions to help delivery teams identify quality risk factors for security and compliance.
- Provide development teams with tools that enable them to swiftly build and deploy software that complies to the overall architectural aim.
- Promote the technological brand of the organisation by thinking creatively and continuously pushing the limits of what is feasible.
How does one go about becoming an Umbraco engineer?
Are you considering a career as an Umbraco engineer? Acquiring a job in this field requires training, study and practice to fully understand Umbraco’s features and capabilities. However, if you are familiar with .NET, the learning curve won’t be difficult and you will be able to take advantage of Umbraco’s adaptability quickly. To get you started on the right foot, here are our top two suggestions:
- There are a variety of online courses available that will provide you with the information necessary to become proficient in different Umbraco features and functions. For each course you complete, you will receive official Accreditation Points that will be counted towards your official Umbraco Accreditation status: Umbraco Certified Professional, Expert, or Master.
- On Our.Umbraco.com, the official Umbraco community website, users can access a wealth of resources to help them get started and improve their knowledge of Umbraco. This includes written technical documentation, how-to tutorials, and other valuable tools.
As a developer who is interested in exploring new opportunities, it is essential to create a comprehensive and compelling Curriculum Vitae (CV) that effectively showcases your skills and expertise in relation to remote Umbraco development. To ensure that you have the best chances of finding a rewarding role in this field, it is important to familiarise yourself with the abilities and practices that are expected from a remote Umbraco engineer. Doing so will enable you to demonstrate your suitability for the job and will put you in the best possible position for success.
Qualifications for becoming an Umbraco engineer
The first step in preparing yourself for a lucrative career in Umbraco is to become acquainted with the essential skills necessary to secure remote employment. To help you get started, let’s review all the key components you need to have a comprehensive understanding of.
Google CodeIt is strongly advised that you create your own GitHub account in order to start contributing your own projects and code snippets. Not only is this a great way to begin building a catalogue of code references, but it is also beneficial when showcasing your work to potential employers. Many employers will be impressed to see examples of code you have written during the job interview process.
Learn to interpret computer codeIt is not essential to possess an in-depth knowledge of programming to comprehend the purpose of code. To hone your coding abilities and improve your ability to work across different codebases, it is beneficial to review the code developed by other developers. This can be done in multiple ways, such as browsing open-source projects or studying the most recent project handled by your team.
Project management expertiseIt is essential that you are able to effectively communicate the progress of your development project. Utilising a task management application such as Trello, Jira, or Azure DevOps can be very beneficial for developers in terms of project planning and scheduling. These skills can be particularly useful when attempting to troubleshoot a problem or develop a new feature; by breaking down a large project into smaller, more manageable tasks, it can make the overall process simpler.
Social abilitiesIt is essential to recognise that coding prowess alone is not enough for a successful development project. One of the most significant risks to any business is poor communication. When working in a team environment, it is essential to be able to communicate effectively with other developers, project managers, and clients. Clear, precise, and timely written and verbal communication is essential for successful project outcomes.
HTML and CSSThe use of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is essential to ensuring the unified visual appearance of a website. HTML provides the structural framework, while CSS adds aesthetic elements such as animated GIFs, parallax scrollers like those seen in the Tumblr app or on this site, and photographs that are pleasing to the eye and adaptable to various browser sizes. Without CSS, websites tend to be visually simple and lacking in features.
How can I find remote Umbraco engineer jobs?
Success in athletics and development requires a disciplined approach to practice. Effective and consistent practice is fundamental for any individual looking to improve their abilities and make progress in their field. To ensure growth, two important elements must be taken into consideration: the guidance of a more experienced and successful mentor, and the utilisation of more effective practice techniques. It is essential to find the right balance between practice and rest to ensure optimal progress, so it is important to seek out a good mentor and be mindful of signs of burnout.
Are you looking for a remote Umbraco engineer job that offers exciting challenges, cutting-edge technologies and potential for career growth? Look no further, because Works has the top positions available for you! As part of our community of the world’s greatest developers, you’ll have access to full-time, long-term remote Umbraco engineer jobs with the potential to earn higher wages and even progress up the career ladder. Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity and join us today!
Responsibilities at work
- Create scalable and user-friendly Umbraco-based websites.
- Plan and carry out web application development plans
- Create and implement APIs in apps.
- Application performance may be improved through testing, debugging, and optimising apps.
- Create medium/large Umbraco projects that provide an intuitive user experience.
- Work with internal teams to create high-quality goods.
- Upkeep and improvement of existing websites
- Bachelor’s/degree Master’s in computer science or information technology (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years’ experience as an Umbraco developer (rare exceptions for highly skilled developers)
- Strong grasp of object-oriented programming (OOP) principles and experience with Umbraco 7 and MVC web development
- Knowledge with programming languages such as ASP.NET and C# Experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- English communication skills, both spoken and written
- Work full-time (40 hours per week) with a 4-hour overlap with US time zones
- A strong feeling of responsibility and accountability over the whole project lifespan
- Prior expertise developing complicated Umbraco-based solutions is required.
- Knowledge of Agile development approaches