Umbraco Developers for Hire
Developed on the .Net framework, Umbraco is a well-known Content Management System (CMS) that has gained widespread popularity since its launch in 2004. Originally founded in 2000 by Niels Hartvi, Umbraco offers an integrated workflow in C Sharp (C#) that allows users to publish content to both the internet and intranet. In 2009, Umbraco emerged as the top downloaded .Net-based open-source CMS, with over 200,000 registered members in its community to date. It is also highly customizable and has been released with the MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) license, allowing it to be used as free software since Umbraco version 4.5.
What are the prospects for Umbraco Developers?
Umbraco is one of the first open-source content management systems established since 2000. Built on a Microsoft-based infrastructure, it offers a highly customizable and flexible framework that represents an excellent base for developers to work on. Due to its ASP.NET base, developers have been using it since their early coding days, and are well-versed in the codebase. Currently, Umbraco holds a market share of approximately 13% of the top 1 million websites, making it unsurprising that Umbraco developer roles are highly sought after.
What are the roles and responsibilities of an Umbraco Developer?
An Umbraco Developer is a highly skilled team member who is organised and self-motivated in their work. Their extensive skill set includes web programming, UX/UI design, and testing. They collaborate with their team to provide clients with an exceptional gaming experience using various frontend and backend online technologies for significant web projects. Additionally, the developer is responsible for the development and management of Umbraco-based websites. Here are some of the daily tasks that remote Umbraco Developers may be accountable for:
- Ability to create innovative and comprehensive ideas and produce results promptly
- Develop highly scalable and efficient systems based on Umbraco.
- Work autonomously in exceptionally challenging situations.
- Collaborate efficiently with cross-functional teams to achieve objectives.
- Optimize and scale the existing application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Designing and developing technological solutions to meet the company’s needs.
- Coding and developing features for new as well as existing products.
- Maintenance and upkeep of existing products.
- Participating in Scrum ceremonies like stand-up meetings, planning sessions, demonstrations, and retrospectives.
- Engaging in team activities such as code reviews and collaborative development as discussed here.
- Participating in cross-team activities such as sharing knowledge and documentation.
- Facilitate collaboration, influence and enablement to establish a clear and consistent technical vision.
- Explore, propose, design, and develop the architecture of a system and application.
- Customize communication to diverse audiences and settings while effectively conveying complex ideas.
- Offer suggestions to help delivery teams pinpoint risk factors related to security and compliance for enhanced software delivery as discussed here.
- Empower development teams with tools that facilitate swift building and deployment of software which aligns with the overall architectural goal, as explained in this article.
- Boost the technological brand of the organization by thinking innovatively and consistently pushing beyond the limits of what is feasible.
What are the steps to become an Umbraco engineer?
Are you contemplating a career as an Umbraco engineer? To excel in this field, you must undergo training, learning and practice to become well-versed in Umbraco’s capabilities and features. If you are already familiar with .NET, the learning curve would not be too steep, and you can leverage Umbraco’s flexibility right away. To begin your journey on the right path, here are our top two recommendations:
- Several online courses are available that can equip you with the knowledge and skills required to become proficient in various Umbraco features and functions. Completing each course will earn you official Accreditation Points that will count towards your Umbraco Accreditation status, whether Professional, Expert, or Master.
- Our.Umbraco.com, the official Umbraco community website offers abundant resources that can aid beginners and enhance the expertise of Umbraco users. These resources include written technical documentation, how-to tutorials, and other valuable tools.
If you are a developer looking to explore novel opportunities, it is imperative to create a detailed and persuasive Curriculum Vitae (CV) that effectively exhibits your skills and expertise in remote Umbraco development. To increase your chances of landing a fulfilling role in this field, it is crucial to acquaint yourself with the competencies and practices that are required of a remote Umbraco engineer. This will enable you to highlight your suitability for the job and place you in the most favourable position for success.
Requirements for becoming an Umbraco engineer
To embark on a profitable career in Umbraco, the initial step is to familiarize yourself with the vital skills required to secure remote employment. Let’s examine all the key components you need to understand holistically to get you started.
Google CodeWe highly recommend creating a personal GitHub account to start contributing your own projects and code snippets. This is an excellent way to build a portfolio of code references and showcase your work to potential employers. During the interview process, employers may find it impressive to see examples of your code.
Develop code interpretation skillsAcquiring a thorough understanding of programming is not a prerequisite for comprehending code’s purpose. To improve your coding proficiency and facilitate seamless work across diverse codebases, it is advantageous to review code written by other developers. This can be accomplished by exploring open-source projects or examining the most recent project handled by your team.
Proficiency in project managementEffective communication of development project progress is crucial. Utilizing task management applications like Trello, Jira, or Azure DevOps can be highly beneficial for developers in project planning and scheduling. These proficiencies can be especially useful when troubleshooting a problem or developing new features. Breaking down a large project into smaller, more manageable tasks can make the overall process simpler.
Interpersonal skillsAdequate coding skills are insufficient for a successful development project. In any business, poor communication is one of the most significant risks. Working in a team environment necessitates the ability to communicate effectively with other developers, project managers, and clients. Precise, clear, and timely written and verbal communication is crucial for achieving successful project outcomes.
HTML and CSS proficiencyHypertext Markup Language (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) are critical in establishing a website’s consistent visual appearance. HTML provides the structural layout, while CSS adds aesthetic components like animated GIFs, parallax scrollers seen on this site or the Tumblr app, and visually appealing and adaptable photographs across browser sizes. Lacking these elements, websites tend to look visually simplistic and devoid of features.
Where to find remote Umbraco developer jobs?
Excelling in athletics and development necessitates a regimented approach to practice. A consistent and productive practice regimen is foundational for anyone looking to improve their abilities and advance in their field. To ensure growth, two vital factors must be considered: the guidance of an experienced and successful mentor and the implementation of efficient practice techniques. Achieving optimal progress necessitates striking the right balance between practice and rest, so it is crucial to locate a good mentor and be mindful of signs of exhaustion.
Are you seeking an online Umbraco engineer role that offers thrilling challenges, emerging technologies, and opportunities for career advancement? Look no further than Works, where the greatest developers on the planet congregate. We offer long-term, full-time remote positions for Umbraco engineers with excellent earning potential and career paths. Don’t pass up this one-of-a-kind chance to join us, apply today!
- Develop Umbraco-based websites that are scalable and user-friendly.
- Devise and execute plans for web application development.
- Formulate and deploy APIs within applications.
- The testing, debugging, and optimisation of applications can enhance their performance.
- Develop intuitive user experience in medium/large Umbraco projects.
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce quality deliverables.
- Maintenance and enhancement of existing websites.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer science, information technology, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an Umbraco developer (unless there is exceptional proficiency)
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts and proficiency in Umbraco 7 and MVC web development.
- Familiarity with programming languages like ASP.NET and C# and expertise in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Effective communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Full-time commitment (40 hours per week) with at least 4 hours overlapping with US time zones.
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Prior experience in developing complex Umbraco-based solutions is mandatory.
- Proficiency in Agile development methodologies.