Hire XML Developers
Extensible Markup Language (XML) is a versatile markup language that is used to organise and format text. It extends portions of a computer language to allow for customization and increases information versatility by allowing content to be shared across multiple platforms. XML is highly beneficial to content creators as it allows them to create content that is easily accessible across different applications.
An XML developer is responsible for utilising extensible markup language (XML) to craft documents that are both understandable to human readers and processable by computers. Through this language, they are able to create Application Programming Interface (API) software that allows programs to interact with each other. Furthermore, they are capable of designing XML instructions for various document formats and manipulating XML transformations.
What exactly is the scope of XML development?
XML (Extensible Markup Language) has been an invaluable asset to the internet for over thirty years. It is used in almost all internet programs, including configuration files, mapping documents, and schema definitions. XML helps to simplify data transmission by providing a clear structure and making dynamic configuration and variable loading possible. Moreover, its extensibility ensures that applications remain operational even when new data is added. Its ability to facilitate data exchange, transfer, platform updates and availability eliminates the risk of data loss due to device incompatibility. Furthermore, the simplicity of XML data means that it can be read by any device, from computers to news feeds and speech machines. Finally, it simplifies the process of upgrading to new browsers, programs and operating systems.
The demand for XML developers is exceptionally high in the industry due to the fact that many technologies require XML for their construction. On average, XML developers command an annual salary of US $68,590, making it a desirable job role for those looking to gain a foothold in the industry.
What are an XML developer’s duties and responsibilities?
As an XML Developer, it is your responsibility to guarantee that the XML abides by well-defined standards. This includes creating and maintaining XML DTDs, developing automated QA scripts, and establishing procedures utilising technologies such as XSLT, XQuery, Ant, and Java. Additionally, you will be responsible for crafting transformation scripts to provide multiple outputs for the Press products. All of these activities should be carried out in close collaboration with XML architects, Publishing Group stakeholders, off-shore development teams, and outside service providers.
The ideal candidate for this position should have a strong background in XML and XSLT, preferably from the publishing industry. They should have an in-depth understanding of Extensible Markup Language, as well as a thorough knowledge of XSLT, XPath, XQuery, CSS, and scripting tools. They should also demonstrate a willingness to learn and develop their skills. Furthermore, they should possess a logical and thorough approach to obtaining, confirming, and interpreting the needs of the supported business sectors. Additionally, the candidate should be able to show the ability to take ownership of their work and hold themselves accountable for the quality of their output.
When working in an agile development environment, you have the opportunity to improve scripts and procedures. As a self-starter, you are able to prioritise tasks and objectives in accordance with team objectives. Additionally, you possess the ability to collaborate with both business stakeholders and other technical teams, demonstrating your capacity to be a team player.
An XML developer’s duties also include:
- Management consultation and process analysis to determine Extensible Markup Language needs.
- Increasing virtual content availability throughout our web-based platforms.
- Developing Extensible Markup Language rules for web-based content.
- Creating Extensible Markup Language instructions for sending apps over networks.
- By allowing content management systems to hold all document formats, data redundancy is reduced.
- We are enabling applications that are based on Wireless Markup Language to communicate data on mobile devices, and employing suitable rule sets to facilitate Business-to-Business data transfers.
- Running diagnostic tests, troubleshooting problems, and providing back-end support are all part of the work.
- Creating and maintaining XML transformations, as well as employing Agile development tools, are all part of the work.
- Documenting the development procedures, schema definitions, rules, and standards related to Extensible Markup Language (XML), as well as generating progress reports, is essential for the successful implementation of this technology. It is important to ensure that accurate and comprehensive records are kept to provide an ongoing reference for developers and other stakeholders. All documentation should be written in a clear and concise manner to ensure ease of understanding. Additionally, regular progress reports should be created to track the progress of the XML development process.
- Keeping up with the newest Extensible Markup Language development trends.
How does one go about becoming an XML developer?
In order to pursue a career in the XML field, it is important to note that no university qualifications are necessary. Both graduates and non-graduates, regardless of their experience level, can learn and develop an expertise in XML. The key to success is to gain hands-on experience and become knowledgeable in the relevant technical and non-technical components. Through dedication and hard work, an individual can turn their passion for XML into a rewarding profession.
Despite what you may have been told, a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or a related field is often seen as a prerequisite for those looking to pursue a career as a remote XML developer. This is because such a degree provides a foundation of understanding for both computer programming and web development, which are essential skills for effective XML development. Additionally, many employers require a certain level of education when recruiting for an XML developer, making it easier for those with the right qualifications to secure more lucrative job opportunities.
Let’s look at the abilities and approaches you’ll need to master in order to obtain a good remote job XML:
The abilities necessary to become an XML developer
In order to become an XML developer and earn a high salary, it is essential to master the fundamental skills necessary for success. To help you get started, let’s review all the competencies you need to master.
Tools for agile developmentIn today’s competitive landscape, the abundance of agile technology makes it difficult for teams to identify and select the most suitable tool for their needs. Agile has become highly popular, with many software teams turning to it as the go-to method for creating high-quality products. When working on an XML developer remote job, it is essential to plan features and prioritise them, manage sprints, attend meetings to guarantee that everyone is on the same page, and ship error-free code within the specified timeframe. To meet all of these requirements, a project management system that is optimised for software development projects and offers an appropriate pricing plan is necessary.
AJAX using jQueryIt is possible to retrieve text, HTML, XML, or JSON from a remote server with the use of jQuery AJAX methods and HTTP Get and HTTP Post. This is a great benefit because usually creating AJAX code can be difficult due to the varying syntax for AJAX execution across different browsers. Fortunately, the jQuery team has taken this into consideration and provided us with an easy solution, allowing us to build AJAX capabilities with just one line of code.
HTML and CSSThe use of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is essential for creating a unified appearance for a website. Without the application of CSS, websites may appear very basic and lack in features. CSS not only adds dynamism to different components of a website, such as animated GIFs, parallax scrollers and photographs that adapt to varied browser sizes, but also provides a visually pleasing experience for the user.
XML SchemaThe use of an XML schema language is necessary for defining restrictions on XML documents. Currently, there are multiple schema languages available, such as Relax-NG and XML Schema Definition (XSD). An XML schema outlines the structure and composition of an XML document, and it is akin to Document Type Definition (DTD) in that it grants the user more control over the document’s structure.
How can I find remote XML developer jobs?
As XML engineers, it is essential to remain current on the most recent advancements in the field and to further develop their talents. To be successful, the best practices must be effectively and consistently applied. Two aspects must be taken into account in order to progress. Assistance from an individual with greater experience and proficiency in teaching new abilities while practicing is recommended. Furthermore, honing analytical, computer engineering, artificial intelligence, and machine learning skills is essential. It is essential that someone be available to provide support and evaluate progress.
At Works, we are committed to connecting you with the top remote XML developer jobs that will help you achieve your career goals. Our positions allow you to tackle intricate technical and commercial challenges with the latest technology, enabling you to expand your knowledge and gain valuable experience. Join our global network of the best developers and find full-time, long-term remote XML developer jobs that offer competitive salaries and potential for advancement.
Responsibilities at work
- To establish XML needs, consult with managers and process analysts.
- Ensure that virtual content is available across all online platforms.
- Create XML rules for documents that will be shared across several online platforms.
- Create XML transformations and keep XML schemas up to date.
- Allow CMSs to store all document types to minimise data duplication.
- Back-end support, bug troubleshooting, and diagnostic testing
- Keep up with the latest developments in XML technology.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, or information technology (or equivalent experience)
- At least three years of expertise as an XML developer is required (rare exceptions for highly skilled developers)
- Work expertise in technologies such as XML, SQL, Java, HTML, and CSS is required.
- Knowledge of developing data-driven web apps
- English fluency is required for collaboration with engineering management.
- Work full-time (40 hours a week) with a 4-hour time difference with US time zones.
- Accreditation in XML would be helpful.
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong knowledge of APIs and object-oriented programming