Engage Zend Framework Developers
Works employs developers with expertise in the open-source Zend Framework that was created by Andi Gutmans and Zeev Suraski, and utilises PHP. With a focus on object-oriented programming, the Zend Framework follows the Model-View-Controller (MVC) software architecture, making it the most widely used PHP framework with a usage rate exceeding all other frameworks combined by over 500 million times. The Zend Framework’s libraries can be utilised to build a range of applications and services.
Zend Framework 3 is the most recent version of the popular open-source framework and is highly regarded as the most notable improvement following Zend Framework versions 1 and 2. The renowned technology firm Rogue Wave Company has taken charge of Zend Framework, and other tech giants, including Microsoft and Google, have collaborated with Zend to enhance its features. As a consequence, it has been decided to rename Zend Framework as the Laminas Project.
Deep Dive into the Zend Framework (Laminas Project)
As an open-source software, the Laminas Project prioritises configuration over convention in application architecture. The Laminas Project’s skeleton applications for Zend-MVC and Zend-Expressive offer users all the essential components required to develop and execute applications with ease.
Voicing is now accessible and provides developers with all the essential tools to build and implement their applications. The objectives of the Zend Framework are listed below:
- Efficient and speedy amid its simplicity
- Thanks to the adaptable nature of the framework, software designers can rapidly extend its reach to cover all domains. It can handle a significant load while keeping it well-balanced.
Key Features of the Zend Framework (Laminas Project)
The Laminas Project has the following defining features:
- Robust support for testing and authorisation code, along with PHP5 and E STRICT compatibility, facilitates the creation of secure and non-disruptive applications.
- Supported by prominent database vendors such as IBM DB2, MariaDB, Microsoft SQL Server, SQLite, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and Informix Dynamic Server.
- Emails can be sent and received, and retrieved using mbox, POP3, and IMAP4 protocols.
- Tasks that are independent of scheduling requirements and entail minimal dependencies and connections.
- The following extension of MVC functionality inherently supports PHP-based architectures and templates.
- A temporary storage solution that can function in various environments, such as RAM and file systems.
- Zend Agility empowers developers to create and validate their Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and related documentation by leveraging Remote Control Call and Representational State Transfer (REST) services. The conversion process is simple and straightforward.
Benefits of the Zend Framework (Laminas Project)
The Zend Framework offers numerous advantages, some of which are:
- The loosely coupled modules and components in Zend allow us to minimize unused code in our applications.
- The latest version of the Zend Framework has been fine-tuned for speed and is approximately 400% faster than its previous versions.
- The Security Framework supports encryption standards commonly utilized in the business world.
- Testing the Zend Framework is effortless as it houses the PHP Unit.
Role of Developers in the Zend Framework and Their Associated Responsibilities
Developers working with PHP are accountable for the following:
Code AnalysisThoroughly understanding the website’s requirements is critical. Developers should work together to identify opportunities for improving an existing website or creating a new one. Then, it is essential to weigh the pros and cons of alternatives to determine the most suitable course of action. Furthermore, you will be required to provide information on the website’s features and functionality.
Data Modelling and Performance OptimizationOnce the plan is finalized, your technical expertise will be utilized to build the website or web pages. You should leverage the dynamic features of PHP Script while constructing the web pages. As a PHP developer, constructing an efficient and speedy website with an optimized database is your responsibility.
TestingComprehensive testing is essential to ensure the website or web page’s quality and accuracy. After testing is complete, feedback should be solicited from the client. Once any issues are identified and resolved, the website or web page can be published with the client’s permission. Finally, only after receiving the necessary authorization, the website can be launched online.
MaintenanceAs a PHP Developer, it is crucial to keep websites and web pages updated and dynamic even after they have been launched to the public. Regular maintenance and periodic feature updates are necessary to optimize discoverability and user experience. This guarantees that the website or web page stays current as users’ needs and expectations evolve over time.
If you aspire to this role, it is vital that you possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. Businesses utilizing the Zend Framework are increasingly likely to seek remote workers. In general, employers seek applicants who can demonstrate a strong passion and capability for tackling complex technical challenges.
- The following duties are typical for a developer working with the Zend Framework:
- Proficiency in SQL and comparable database systems, with MySQL experience being an added advantage.
- Strong familiarity with standard PHP 7 or web server vulnerabilities and their respective solutions.
- Additional experience with CMS administration or development is a valuable asset.
- Knowledge of Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectures.
- Thorough understanding of designing and administering database systems.
- Working with code versioning tools requires professionalism.
- Capability to consolidate data from multiple databases and sources.
- Working with code versioning tools requires professionalism.
Contractual and Freelance Job Opportunities
Working as a freelancer or contractor can be a lucrative means of earning income. Depending on the complexity of the task and your proficiency, the hourly rates can range between $45 to $70, sometimes even higher. An advantage of freelancing or contracting is that entrepreneurial entities often seek to outsource their Zend Framework (Laminas Project) development tasks, thereby allowing you to work on a flexible schedule and increase your earnings accordingly. Your level of proficiency as a freelancer or contractor is directly proportional to your earning potential.
Certification for the Zend Framework
In today’s job market, obtaining certification in Zend Framework could greatly enhance your employment opportunities, especially when faced with fierce competition from other qualified individuals. Zend Framework is widely used for creating various commercial services and applications such as content management, e-commerce platforms, entertainment platforms, messaging services, healthcare systems, and APIs, and is highly popular in the PHP community. If you are a PHP developer working on similar projects, the Laminas Project offers ongoing support.
In 2018, the global application-frameworks market witnessed a 15.86% market share for Zend Framework, attributed to 60 companies including industry giants such as BBC, Cisco Webx, Awin, Gittigidyor, Directus, Saramin, Hostinger, Stack, Catho, and Zingat adopting the framework for their operations. Therefore, obtaining a Zend Framework certification can dramatically increase your chances of getting employed by prestigious organizations.
Certified and skilled developers with expertise in Zend Framework are in high demand as the digital economy is expected to continue its rapid growth in the coming years. With the vast majority of the digital economy already using PHP for their operations, Zend Framework development skills have become a highly sought-after asset. Works can help you find certified Zend Framework developers who can be valuable assets to your team.
Expertise in Domain
At Works, we specialize in hiring remote tech engineers with domain-specific expertise across various sectors. Our comprehensive HR services encompass every facet of hiring and onboarding offshore employees and freelancers, including selection, invoicing, compliance, and taxation. Our aim is to help you integrate the finest remote developers into your team to drive your technical projects and important technology initiatives forward.