· Monitor and maintain team productivity. Observe any impediments and take appropriate steps to mitigate them.
· Support hiring processes followed for the specific roles. Ensure processes result in high-quality hires.
· Drive your teams forward by being objective and supportive, while also raising the bar continuously
· Work with product management team and other engineering teams to explore new initiatives to deliver technology and engineering innovations to capture and retain new customers.
· Ensure that the team is following standards and processes around code reviews, test case coverage, observability, and security.
· Build a deep understanding of the product and engineering workflows.
· Ensure the team makes the right decisions considering time to market and deliverables.
· Have enough technical knowledge to accurately estimate tasks, help in troubleshooting issues and incidents, and act as a safety net for technical decisions.
· 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager or similar engineering management role and/or 3+ years of experience as an Principal Engineer/Engineer Lead
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT or equivalent practical experience.
· Experience leading a team of engineers and driving large-scale projects and products, in collaboration with product and business teams, to succeed
· Experience in hiring & retaining engineering talents and building high-performing teams.
· Experience in delivering & managing large scale software development (web/mobile/API).
· Experience designing, implementing, releasing, and maintaining high-volume production-grade applications in distributed environments.
· Excellent technical leadership, people management, project management, analytical problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
· Excellent understanding of various engineering processes, including but not limited to agile, CI/CD, observability, automated testing, release, quality, on-call, incidents, knowledge sharing.
AwanTunai is an operations SaaS platform for traditional offline wholesalers and merchants, digitizing inventory ordering, payment, customer management, and inventory financing for the $100bn Indonesian FMCG supply chain.