A U.S.-based company that is developing a cutting-edge, regulated financial exchange platform to help users trade event outcomes, is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer. The engineer will be helping the existing team of engineers to build and scale both the core exchange and infrastructure of the platform. The company is utilizing next-gen technology to enable individuals to capitalize on their opinions and hedge risks that relate to their everyday lives. The company has managed to secure $29mn+ during their Series A round of funding.
- Provide the framework for automating and standardizing the development, versioning, and deployment of software to target environments
- Provide the structure and tools for automating test development and execution at all levels of the testing pyramid, including unit, API, and integration testing
- Design complex systems while making reasonable tradeoffs between risk and long-term maintainability
- Organize and manage massive initiatives having long-term effects on a single system or team
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- At least 3+ years of relevant experience as an Infrastructure Engineer
- 3+ years of working software engineering experience
- Demonstrable experience working with AWS, k8s, Terraform, RDS, Kafka, load balancing, etc.
- Nice to have some prior experience building deployment systems and dev/test environments in k8s
- Experience building dynamic configuration systems is desirable
- Excellent technical understanding and task-prioritizing skills
- Ability to solve challenging engineering problems
- Prior experience developing and utilizing new procedures and tools to improve engineering effectiveness
- Fluent in spoken and written English communication skills